{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6612|Florida
Sunday my dad, my brother and I went to the local shooting range.  I had been there before with a friend, but my dad and brother had never been.  We went, rented a Beretta 92.  I had shot this gun the last time I was there, the first time it was a good gun, worked great, no problems.  This time it jammed up several times, when loading the gun and the slide was released it would catch the bullet like its supposed to, but the bullet would get stuck between the chamber and the slide.  Sounds like it needs a new slide or some repairs.

But anyway, back on topic.  As we were leaving, we were kinda looking around the store at items that were for sale.  My dad was looking at a case with flashlights or something in it, and I happened to notice a Barrett .50 cal sitting on one of the gun cases behind him.

After seeing it, my thoughts went in this order -

1. KICK ASS an M95!
2. Damn that is an expensive gun
3. ha ha "Shoot their eye out from a mile away"
4. Holy shit this gun looks cheap
5. Even though it looks cheap....thats awesome...wish I could hold it.

It looks like its pretty cheap in all honesty....kinda cool looking, but looks kinda like its cheap plastic and nothing fancy on the outside.  I wish I could have held it, just to feel how heavy it is and all that.  But, here is a pic of it atleast.

https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/christurner85/reallivem95.jpg
Gen. Payne
+50|6741|USA
Buy it
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6732

Gen. Payne wrote:

Buy it
Do it.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6543|Minnesota eh

Gen. Payne wrote:

Buy it
Do it. You know you want to.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6674|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Gen. Payne wrote:

Buy it
Do it.
do it already
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6559|dunno
Yeah i have seen one before at this big gun store before very expensive.
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6447|da ville, va
That thing looks ballin' you should buy it. Looks cooler than the M82 too.
l41e
+677|6682

That's an M99, I think.

Whatever. It's still cool.
cablecopulate
+449|6772|Massachusetts.
If they don't want people to touch it, the shouldn't put it on the fucking counter.
Brasso
+1,549|6664

Picture wrote:

Shoot their eye out a mile away!
More like their head....
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6840|The planet Tophet
Eat It!
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6456|California, US
weight?! are u kidding me?
dude i went to the last miramar air show and they had Barrett M82's (i dont think its the one in BF2 but its a very similar version) and we held them, DUDE, those things weigh about 35 pounds fully loaded! i couldnt hold it dude!
but yeah.....buy it lol
specxops
Banned
+18|6684|Boca Raton,Florida
i saw one of those at this place me and my dad go to its called Guns and Knives, ya corny name eh looked awsome they had some other heavy pieces too
HellFall33
Vagrants #1 infantry
+11|6474|Richland WA
Buy It
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6428|The Gem Saloon
first off...the civilian version of the M92FS, the M9 is crap. the military version has parts replaced mainly the firing block...i had this discussion at the range today with a guy that was looking to buy one for a carry pistol. thankfully i changed his mind so he doesnt get shot trying to cycle a crap round, i think he wound up getting a khar .40.
but ya the barrets are sick. most of the military .50 rifles are issued in two man teams, a spotter and a shooter. the gun itself because of the weight is broken down into two pieces, barrel and stock.
check out their website and look for the rifle that shoots 40mm laser detonated grenades out to like 300 yards.......they are definitly a kick ass american gun company.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6612|Florida

FesterTheMolester wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Gen. Payne wrote:

Buy it
Do it.
do it already
You donate me money, and I will buy it.....and when I say donate me money, I mean like $3500.  Im sure that the BF2s community could come up with the money to donate me to purchase that beast.

I cant even imagine what it would be like to own it.....I have no idea where I would even shoot it at lol.

cablecopulate wrote:

If they don't want people to touch it, the shouldn't put it on the fucking counter.
That is exactly what I thought.  Put it up on the wall, dont set it out on the counter.  Thats like setting crack in front of a crack addict and telling him not to snort it.
Immobile Sniper
+3|6534
> Barrett Mfg. is locating about 4 hours from me in Murfreesboro,Tn. After I finish machine shop school,and learn CNC programming,I'm planning on applying there. I saw a feature on the M82A1 on Discovery the other night and literally everyone that works there,including Ronnie Barrett himself,carries a gun at all times,it may even be a required part of the job like an ID card. Tommy D.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6466|Washington State, USA
wow thats cool, if i could work there i would carry a old M1911
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6583|Southeastern USA

FesterTheMolester wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Gen. Payne wrote:

Buy it
Do it.
do it already
DOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
it

Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6618|U.S.A
they look smaller in real life dont they?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6425

Here in Australia you wouldn't find a gun like that anywhere unless you joined the army, and even then the standard issue is (i think) AUGs.  Might even be a good thing - don't want another Port Arthur massacre.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2006-11-27 19:19:16)

|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6417|California
That's an M99. M95 has a 5 round magazine.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6612|Florida

kr@cker wrote:

FesterTheMolester wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Do it.
do it already
DOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
it

Doo it..........Do it............Doo it...............D....D......................Do it

I love that part of the movie.
ts-pulsar
+54|6537
They are fun, but you'd better be a real gun nut to own a .50 BMG.  I own a Serbu .50BMG that I take shooting about once a month.  It's rather expensive to shoot, close to $5 a round, and those are my own reloads, not a huge problem though, cause I can usually only shoot about 10 rounds before I start getting a headache from the concussion, but it's still a ton of fun killing paper 1km away.

Not mine, just posted so you know what it looks like.
https://www.impactguns.com/store/media/ser_50bfg_new.bmp
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6727
thats probaly an M90, as in single shot, one bullet chamber, no mag basicaly.
edit: But still kick ass!

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-11-27 19:41:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard