Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6553

LostFate wrote:

i say destroy anyone who stands against the uk
its ppl like you tht actually agitate the IRA imo....u make them feel there fight is justified
commissargizz
+123|6456| Heaven
There are no winners    just losers.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

does he have a brother shane? where abouts is he from do you know? how do you know im? u ever in dundalk?
Jinks seams to be a bit of a folk hero. I went to his gig at Electric Picnic this year. Had a few emm drinks with him after wards. He is from Dundalk but plays all over the country. Can't seam to find him of the web. Basement Jacks were playing at the time, id rather hit myself repeatedly over the head with a shovel than listen to them, so I went to see jinks. He is a one man ranting machine!! Rants about Cross Border boy racers, getting busted by the Gards the watchtowers of south armagh. Most of his fans seamed to be from Cork.

Anyway, as someone said. NO ONE WON ANY WAR!!! There were only losers on both sides. The current labor government would have pushed N.Ireland down the road of devolution ala Wales and Scotland if the troubles had never happened. We would be basically at the same place we are now. The Conservatives and particularly Maggie Thatcher would never have got us this far, we would be still blowin the shit out of each other. Although John Majors Government did have secrete talks about dumping N.I on the Republic as it was a shit storm and security nightmare at the time.
So unless you have lived here then drop the whole we won you lost shite, no one on either mainstream side here has ever uttered those words so you ain't got the right to.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6735|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
See David Cameron over slithering to the DUP last week, probably making them all the promises in the world if there is a hung Parliament between Labour & the Tories in the next general election, so this recent act of Loyalist intransigence is probably to derail the whole process until Blair is gone, then what options do the Nationalists/Republicans have for Northern Ireland? either a Tory PM, or a Scottish Presbyterian.. future is looking bleak for us indeed..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-22 13:07:26)

SMELLYMONKEY
+5|6370|SOMERSET UK
OK I have a relativly limited understanding of the whole Ireland situation (like most people in the UK), sadly it's not something we are taught about at school.

I feel that the original IRA was completely justified in fighting for the freedom of it's country, however the IRA of the 80's was something else, to me they just seemed to be a mixture of freedom fighters/gangsters who simply used there attacks to draw more money from an ever  obliging US money cow (naturally all that cash was spent on the cause, not), not that I'm blameing the US for it all (I like americans, there jus like us but with funny accents :-).

The IRA of the 80's was a complete bastardisation of the origianl republican army further fueled by the seeming lack of education and indifference of the british public about the situation in northern Ireland.

So in conclusion I would say the original IRA was a legitimate army fighting for it's freedom, and the later incarnations were just kind of wideboys/terrorists.

I love my country, but it has made mistakes and it's best to admit those mistakes and evolve as a nation.

Last edited by SMELLYMONKEY (2006-11-23 09:49:57)

xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6690
I believe that the IRA are patriots and you can hate me for that. Britain has tried to conquer the world and they still have Northern Ireland. Is that fair? No it isn't but it's the best that Ireland could get. Do some research on Michael Collins and see what he did for Ireland. If you don't understand it all just watch the movie (Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Julia Roberts).
IG-Calibre
comhalta
Look before even getting into the why's and wherefores of a united Ireland.  The First and most important thing to understand is that Catholics should be part of the government of Northern Ireland, what you have to understand is that Protestant extremists don't want to share power with Catholics.  They want to maintain a Protestant status quo, political apartheid regime.

Look at the fiasco this morning, DUP (Protestant extremist) refusing to nominate a first minister.. Micheal Stone, Loyalist paramilitary who murdered many many catholics in collusion with the British State, up throwing a rucksack with a device inside it loaded with grenades into Parliament buildings so they had to be evacuated, shouting "No Surrender".   Protestants will not share power with Catholics it's pure sectarian hate.

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-24 12:29:50)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

This morning was supposed to be the new dawn for N.I. The day our politicians were supposed to begin the process of devolving power for England. At storment to day the proceedings were interrupted by convicted murder Micheal Stone who was released early under the good Friday agreement. He wrote Sinn Fein IRA in spray paint on the front wall of storment buildings and burst into storment shouting "NO SURRENDER...........BOMB" he had a live device but it didn't go off. If you don't know who Micheal stone is check his attack against an Funeral of an IRA man at Milltown Cemetery Belfast.

He attacked 100s of nationalists on his own with a pistol and hand grenades killing three people. He is a Loyalist Folk hero because of this attack and was let out of prison after 10 years, and now hes at it again.

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-11-24 03:42:19)

FI-SCOTTY
+16|6688|Scotland

SwampDog wrote:

It still makes me laugh at how people still think the English public actually give a shit about northern Ireland. As far as i`m concerned the English government should have nothing to do with it, i`m not saying it should be unified with the south, i`m saying we should leave them to decide their own fate. It`s the same with Scotland and wales. The majority of Scots, welsh and Irish don`t particularly like the English, so we should give them all their independence and let them get on with things. (Obviously not southern ireland as they already are independent and have sod all to do with us already)
The Scots and English Parliaments decided via the Treaty of Union (1707) to join the two parliaments together,leaving asisde the contoversy that surrounds this it remains  unfortunate to say.... as we hear all the time that    " we should give them their independance"   as it is not in Englands gift to give us our independence.
Rather via a referendum the Scottish public decided to establish ,indeed re-establish our Parliament.
Given the continued national differences this was inevitable eg Different Religion,Currency,Legal Sytem,Education System,Language,added to the fact that Scotland had throughtout the Tories term of office always supported  Labour,but been stuck with Thatcher.

I suspect most Scots indeed the polls confirm most Scots are favourabaly inclined to even greater autonomy,as perhaps next Mays elections will show.

Then perhaps we can move the "entirely safe" Trident Nuclear Submarine fleet and the Nuclear Weapons storage facility in Glen Douglas to Richmond on Thames.

BTW Why do I have an image in my head of usermarine lighting the blue torch paper and retiring?

As to the thread when you start killing the wrong people you start losing control of your cause however I never lived in Ireland during the last 100 years so I dont know shit.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6561|Oxford

usmarine2005 wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061012/ap_on_re_eu/northern_ireland

"The IRA killed 1,775 people — including nearly 300 police officers — from 1970 to a 1997 cease-fire."

Would the IRA have been classified as terrorists, insurgents, or something else?
They're still terrorists...

Irish politics at its best.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/article … Business-2
JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

RicardoBlanco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061012/ap_on_re_eu/northern_ireland

"The IRA killed 1,775 people — including nearly 300 police officers — from 1970 to a 1997 cease-fire."

Would the IRA have been classified as terrorists, insurgents, or something else?
They're still terrorists...

Irish politics at its best.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/article … Business-2
https://i.today.reuters.co.uk/misc/genImage.aspx?uri=2006-11-24T131428Z_01_L23195462_RTRUKOP_2_PICTURE0.jpg&resize=full
They are not terrorists anymore. They have disbanded and destroyed their guns and explosives.
The link include in your post happened this morning, I was listening to the feed from within the chamber live when it happened and it was a pantomine. More fucking around by the DUP.
For the record Micheal Stone is a UDA man (other side to the IRA). The RIRA UDA, UVF, LFF, UFF have not decommissioned 1 gun or one ounce of explosives. They are the only terrorists LEFT in Ireland. The Provisional IRA is NO MORE.
Check out the video of Micheal Stones last attack in my previous post, he managed to kill 3 people last time.

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-11-24 09:26:26)

commissargizz
+123|6456| Heaven
If the P.I.R.A. have finally laid their arms to rest...good on 'em, i hope that all the rest do to.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
I wonder was Stone still working as an agent for the State this morning
JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

IG-Calibre wrote:

I wonder was Stone still working as an agent for the State this morning
Thought you might bring that up........................Even special branch wouldn't put convicted murders on its pay role............... oh wait they do.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
well, call me an oul cynic like, but let's look at it sceptically. Right - he gets the whole way up to Stormont with a 9mm pistol and a rucksack full of fucking grenades completely unchallenged, until that is, he gets to the front door, which happens to have the worlds media facing it as he comes in.  This becomes the story of the day rather than the DUP fudge on nomination..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-24 10:20:38)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina
The way I see it, anyone who has blown up innocent people in Northern Ireland is a terrorist -- regardless of what group or government they serve.  All perpetrators must be brought to justice.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

Turquoise wrote:

The way I see it, anyone who has blown up innocent people in Northern Ireland is a terrorist -- regardless of what group or government they serve.  All perpetrators must be brought to justice.
Many of them have been brought to justice, like that lunatic Stone today, they were all let out of prison as part of the good Friday Agreement.  The notion of all murderers being brought to justice is a noble ideal, but in the murky waters of N.Ireland it's not gonna happen.  Both sides need to move on, collectively we all drew a line under our past when we voted in '98, there is no going back for anyone, only forward and that involves power sharing.  So we come back full circle to the crux of the problem - the extremist Protestants refuse to share power, always have, and always will. No matter what hoop they make Catholics jump through they always find another, and constantly shift the goal posts.  Oh well, onwards anyway.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Turquoise wrote:

YOU LISTENIN', CAM????
Turquoise
O Canada

IG-Calibre wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Many of them have been brought to justice, like that lunatic Stone today, they were all let out of prison as part of the good Friday Agreement.  The notion of all murderers being brought to justice is a noble ideal, but in the murky waters of N.Ireland it's not gonna happen.  Both sides need to move on, collectively we all drew a line under our past when we voted in '98, there is no going back for anyone, only forward and that involves power sharing.  So we come back full circle to the crux of the problem - the extremist Protestants refuse to share power, always have, and always will. No matter what hoop they make Catholics jump through they always find another, and constantly shift the goal posts.  Oh well, onwards anyway.
True....  but it sounds like Stone is someone that must be imprisoned for the safety of your society.  Regardless of what agreements have been made, murderers (or people who intend to murder) should not be set free.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

Turquoise wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

True....  but it sounds like Stone is someone that must be imprisoned for the safety of your society.  Regardless of what agreements have been made, murderers (or people who intend to murder) should not be set free.
Oh don't worry, he's away back to jail, they were all released on license and he clearly has broken the terms of his release.  The sooner we the people both Protestant and Catholic no longer give the power to extremists by voting them in & remove their powers to veto & block, the sooner we can have some normal political movement here. As usual it's the people who are being collectively punished for the intransigence of the extremist parties, through our education, health care, and new forms of tax levied on us without political challenge. Even though we have had several elections none of us fundamentally have any political representation! none of our sides are being fought for along any other lines except sectarian ones.  Honestly I think everyone is just getting fed up to the back teeth with the whole thing.  They should have just pulled Stormont down yesterday and stopped paying the politicians as was threatened unless agreement was reached, but as usual the British and Irish governments backed down and the farce continues.

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-25 05:41:48)

Turquoise
O Canada

IG-Calibre wrote:

Oh don't worry, he's away back to jail, they were all released on license and he clearly has broken the terms of his release.  The sooner we the people both Protestant and Catholic no longer give the power to extremists by voting them in & remove their powers to veto & block, the sooner we can have some normal political movement here. As usual it's the people who are being collectively punished for the intransigence of the extremist parties, through our education, health care, and new forms of tax levied on us without political challenge. Even though we have had several elections none of us fundamentally have any political representation! none of our sides are being fought for along any other lines except sectarian ones.  Honestly I think everyone is just getting fed up to the back teeth with the whole thing.  They should have just pulled Stormont down yesterday and stopped paying the politicians as was threatened unless agreement was reached, but as usual the British and Irish governments backed down and the farce continues.
I know this is going to sound Fascist, but couldn't the extremists of both sides just be rounded up and killed?  If it spares the moderate majority various nuisances (and violence), I'd be for it.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548

IG-Calibre wrote:

well, call me an oul cynic like, but let's look at it sceptically. Right - he gets the whole way up to Stormont with a 9mm pistol and a rucksack full of fucking grenades completely unchallenged, until that is, he gets to the front door, which happens to have the worlds media facing it as he comes in.  This becomes the story of the day rather than the DUP fudge on nomination..
Something extremely fishy there. Apparently he daubed graffiti on the front of Stormont before he entered too? Setup methinks. Fucking attention-seeking psychopath.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6444|Bradford UK
im a brit soldier and if an enemy came to dominate my homeland i would rise up against them...is this a case of rebellion or partisan martyrdom????? i have a great respect for the IRA as a fighting guerilla force, even though they killed hundreds of my fighting comrades, we did the same. im glad we can now live in relative peace at least in Ireland.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548

[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH wrote:

im a brit soldier and if an enemy came to dominate my homeland i would rise up against them...is this a case of rebellion or partisan martyrdom????? i have a great respect for the IRA as a fighting guerilla force, even though they killed hundreds of my fighting comrades, we did the same. im glad we can now live in relative peace at least in Ireland.
It's good that you can hold those views now because both sides really did act the cunt throughout our long and difficult history. Bridges between us are being mended all the time now. It's good to hear you think like that.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6542|UK

Insurgent's, we see it more so in iraq than anywhere now, all these religiously fired attacks on civilain's etc all around the country.  Whole lot of these organisations are terrorist's though, IRA are just as bad as the UVF and any other you care to mention, yesterday we had that guy trying to disrupt the power sharing talks in northen ireland (ulster supporter freed under good friday agreement) is not in custody and going back to serve his life sentance.  LIFE SHOULD MEAN LIFE!  Anyway's, as the IRA killed many a policeman and inocent civilans all around the UK there insrugent's, there main goal unlike the  7/7 bombers was not to terrorise us all into fear (though that is an obvious affect of it) it was kill as many people as they could manage.

Martyn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard