Poll

Tank or Walker

Tank43%43% - 25
Walker56%56% - 33
Total: 58
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6235|TEXAS
If you are on 64 player titan Sidi Power Plant which would you choose? Before you answer too fast think you can easily destroy a walker several ways with a tank. O and 2 words "Zoom Function" Either type of tank is fine just tell us why you chose the walker or the tank. K go.

Last edited by eaglecorps (2008-04-14 20:27:11)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6596|Greenwood, IN
Tank because I can use it better of the two.

Last edited by Naturn (2008-04-14 20:27:38)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5922|Somewhere out in Space
Walker.  Better armor, AA gun, tank shells for some reason have very bad hit detection on a moving walker, smart/skilled drivers can easily nullify a tanks range advantage very quickly without getting hit once.  Plus you would be surprised how many missiles reach a tank at long range if you constantly spam them, and the damage ratio for them is about the same (20%)  The pac tank is basically the only one with a chance in hell, and even then its going to take some of the best maneuvering ever seen and a lot of luck.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-04-14 20:38:57)

Magius5.0
+106|6372|UMass Amherst
Against a competent walker pilot, your odds of taking him out in a tank are slim.  Tank shells are only useful if you can actually hit him.  plus with varied terrain and various buildings, the walker can sort of hide when threatened--tanks kinda stick out a bit more.
Longbow
+163|6637|Odessa, Ukraine
Walker, but on maps like Highway Tampa - tank.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5927

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Walker.  Better armor, AA gun, tank shells for some reason have very bad hit detection on a moving walker, smart/skilled drivers can easily nullify a tanks range advantage very quickly without getting hit once.  Plus you would be surprised how many missiles reach a tank at long range if you constantly spam them, and the damage ratio for them is about the same (20%)  The pac tank is basically the only one with a chance in hell, and even then its going to take some of the best maneuvering ever seen and a lot of luck.
Bullshit

If you're up any tank driver who knows WTF he's doing he won't get smoked by a walker.

I can kill tanks in walkers and I can kill walkers in tanks.  Alot is about the timing of active defenses, and flanking. But with a tank you can smoke a walker long before he gets within rocket spamming range.  But it can be very difficult to take a walker out in close range.

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2008-04-15 07:16:16)

kptk92
u
+972|6399|tc_london
Walker is fun to use sometimes. The Hover Tank is pretty sexy too
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6399|Somersetshire
tank long range
walker short range
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6399|Somersetshire

kptk92 wrote:

The Hover Tank is pretty sexy too
this man speaks the truth

its so fun to drift around corners lol
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Bradt3hleader wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Bullshit

If you're up any tank driver who knows WTF he's doing he won't get smoked by a walker.

I can kill tanks in walkers and I can kill walkers in tanks.  Alot is about the timing of active defenses, and flanking. But with a tank you can smoke a walker long before he gets within rocket spamming range.  But it can be very difficult to take a walker out in close range.
Strafing walker=significantly harder to hit.  Didnt i also mention there is poor hit detection when it comes to a tank shell and a moving walker?  I should have killed a lot of walkers, hitting them with over 10 shells before they got close and smoked me.  I know 2 were shielded, the rest hit but all but 2 registered no damage, which is sad seeing how you need 5 to kill.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5927

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Strafing walker=significantly harder to hit.  Didnt i also mention there is poor hit detection when it comes to a tank shell and a moving walker?  I should have killed a lot of walkers, hitting them with over 10 shells before they got close and smoked me.  I know 2 were shielded, the rest hit but all but 2 registered no damage, which is sad seeing how you need 5 to kill.
Yeah I know, but if you wait till he's facing you when he's turning you can own him. You just need to be really good at predicting, since it's obvious what  they're doing.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Bradt3hleader wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Yeah I know, but if you wait till he's facing you when he's turning you can own him. You just need to be really good at predicting, since it's obvious what  they're doing.
And i have no problem doing that, but like i said the hit detection SUCKS so i often end up dieing when i could have killed 2 walkers with the amount of shells i landed.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6399|Somersetshire
if hit detection was perfect then tanks would kill walkers about 80% of the time because they usually start shooting at each other at long range

edit: spelling

Last edited by Tehremos (2008-04-15 09:08:57)

Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6252
Back when I used to play this game I could take out any tank with a walker, Tanks are too slow and with a walker you have to hit them in the knees, now with a walker I especially the EU one I can hit a tank or a walker for that fact becuse the missles go where your crosshairs go, with the PAC walker it's a little harder because they curve so much at first, Any skilled Walker pilot can take down a good Tank pilot any day.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Null vote

Tank for long distance sniping and close range Titan component destrucktion..

Walker for close quarters/anti-air combat..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
martinez
+5|5971|Worcester, MA
im good with the a8 sumtimes with the l5, but in city maps is better the walker, wide maps like tampa and sidi or shuhia, tanks have some advantage
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5974|Perth, Australia
So there is bad hit reg with the walker. I thought there had to be as i was doing bog laps around a walker with my Type 32, pounding it with shells and then when my tank blew the walker still had full health (Pilum up the arse solved that ).

But i'm going to have to go with the walker, preferrably with no one in the second seat (I've never had a good gunner with me... ever). Partially because of the hitreg and partially because i only like the Type 32 and i think the tiger is particularly boring.

Last edited by Rod Foxx (2008-04-16 20:52:47)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6379|New York
Walker, because if you know what you're doing, you can close the distance quickly and get within range of using your missiles. However, a good tank pilot can take down a walker before he gets close enough. It all depends on the situation really.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6436|The Land of Scott Walker
Tank, especially hovertank
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6493|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Null Vote.

Gunship! I can't stand Tanks nor Walkers.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459
Hovertank is the best vehicle in any video game I've ever played.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5927

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Null Vote.

Gunship! I can't stand Tanks nor Walkers.
Talon whore?
Benzin
+576|5989
Why do you guys like the hover tanks so much? I can't stand them. I prefer to have the rotating cannon on the Tiger. But maybe that's just because I'm really old fashioned. Only thing the hover tank has on the Tiger is the ability to go down hills and hit terrain faster and harder. Beyond that ... eh ...
Bradt3hleader
+121|5927

CapnNismo wrote:

Why do you guys like the hover tanks so much? I can't stand them. I prefer to have the rotating cannon on the Tiger. But maybe that's just because I'm really old fashioned. Only thing the hover tank has on the Tiger is the ability to go down hills and hit terrain faster and harder. Beyond that ... eh ...
Yeah and people think that they have an advantage "Drifting" around the A8. All I have to do is tap "S" and "A" or "D".

All in all terrain, the player, and the vehicle will vary things ALOT.

Walker is still better though for obvious reasons.
Laura
your girlfriend a freak like cirque du soleil
+149|5821|u fucking wot m8
I just love it when people go..

"OMG WTF! THAT BITCH STEPPED ON ME! NOOB KIll FTL!!1!111!!!"

Walkers ftw.

Last edited by Laura (2008-05-13 14:42:57)

https://i52.tinypic.com/98cz7p.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard