baggs
+732|6174
When i last saw a series of posts about WoW on bf2s i was around the 65/68 mark i think, im just wondering what the WoW players here have been up to in that time? I know Simon was on his way to 70, i can only assume you've made it now mate and should be clearing Kara by now or possibly further! I know that Marlboro Man had his felsteed on the warlock he has, i hope he is riding his dreadsteed now!

Ive been clearing Karazhan and doing heroics, not done a great deal of pvp and i might have found myself a place in the higher tier raids thanks to a couple of friends. 2.4 arrived on Wednesday with a new area and a bunch of new dailys, never before has ganking been so much fun and even funnier still to see groups of Alliance and Horde working together on the Hellfire Peninsula dailys

Ive been playing now for around 4 months (not solid, before anyone pipes up!) and its still so much fun, i'd recommend anyone to at least try it, i was biased and sceptical once upon a time
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5931|Washington DC
I tried it a while back. Human paladin I was. I got to like level 16 but I realized I'd have to grind a lot to get to higher levels, because there was some fucking cave which required either a big party or being a high level. So I got bored and quit

Probably would be more fun with a clan.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Pay for my account then i'll play, maybe
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
It tried the trial. Played about 15 minutes and thought this is ridiculous and boring. Don't see the appeal, although I've never liked the whole elves/wizard shit that so many people like. I feel unclean just downloading the trial...
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6451|Purdue

HurricaИe wrote:

I tried it a while back. Human paladin I was. I got to like level 16 but I realized I'd have to grind a lot to get to higher levels, because there was some fucking cave which required either a big party or being a high level. So I got bored and quit

Lol that why I never leveled humans. Most of their quests were just grinds. I quested my entire way to 70....
On the topic of 2.4, I love the phases of the Isle of Quel'Danas. My server just got the 2nd phase yesterday

Mek-Izzle wrote:

It tried the trial. Played about 15 minutes and thought this is ridiculous and boring. Don't see the appeal, although I've never liked the whole elves/wizard shit that so many people like. I feel unclean just downloading the trial...
Also, that's why a lot of people who say "they've tried the trial" don't like it. 15 minutes in WoW is nothing. The higher the level you are, the funner the game is...
Basically, the game doesn't start until you hit 70.

Last edited by Goven (2008-03-29 11:16:56)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6575|Greenwood, IN
Wow is pure evil.  I would suggest to stay away from this game at all cost...  I had a friend completely disappear on me for over a year not a single word.  Then he called me and told me he got married to someone over WoW.  I'm telling you guys this game is pure evil.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6451|Purdue

Naturn wrote:

Wow is pure evil.  I would suggest to stay away from this game at all cost...  I had a friend completely disappear on me for over a year not a single word.  Then he called me and told me he got married to someone over WoW.  I'm telling you guys this game is pure evil.
So you use one, a single, personal experience, to tell people to stay away from a game that over 9 million people play?
killaer
+41|6688

Goven wrote:

Naturn wrote:

So you use one, a single, personal experience, to tell people to stay away from a game that over 9 million people play?
WoW is a shitty timesink, and it requires immense time to be put in to it in the end game, especially if you decide that you want to raid. It makes you incorporate it into your daily life and you have to maintain a freaking raiding schedule if you get with some serious raiding guild.

It's terrible.

Never play WoW. It is like a cancer.
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6135|California

Naturn wrote:

Yeah, it's true.  Apparently my ex-girlfriends current boyfriend proposed to her over Ventrilo
Whether or not they will actually get married or not is all a matter of time.
Dragonclaw
+186|6275|Florida

Naturn wrote:

Because he got married to someone he met on a game the game is evil? I would see that as the opposite.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
Cleared Black Temple months ago, farmed raids and weekly-arena for several months on a Resto Shaman character. Got 6/6 Tier6, the mainhand healing mace and the healing trinket from Illidan himself... and then just waited for 2.4 to come out with the 'exciting' new Sunwell 25-man content. Sadly, when my guild heard the news about Tier6-equivalent items being purchasable with heroic badges, as well as the removal of attunements to all higher-instances, - the desire and interest in raiding any further content diminished altogether. My guild are now on official hiatus until Wrath of the Lich King. It's a shame that Blizzard have decided over the last year to more and more progressively 'phase out' hardcore players from the game... the game now only rewards casual players with cheapened and ezemode items... there is no challenge anymore.

My account subscription ran out last month. I have a 6/6 Tier6 and full Vengeful Gladiator Draenai Shaman just sitting there, doing nothing. A bit depressing actually when I think about all of the time wasted on the effort of raiding and progressing... if only I'd known that Blizzard would give away the same quality gear in a raffle 3 months later! World of Warcraft is all but dead to me now-- no challenge, no 'real' progression, and the only motivation for doing the Sunwell is to collect the 'miscellaneous' parts of the Tier6 set. No thanks.

Edit: In a response to individuals such as the originally-named 'Killer'- who contend that WoW is "like a cancer" because it requires you to hardcore raid... I believe my above post is a testament to the contrary. You can get epic gear and 'progress' (for lack of a better word) in the game now with barely any effort or time-investment at all. All grinding tasks, all gold-farming tasks, all gearing/character-development tasks are now toned down both in difficulty and in effort. The game is no longer a timesink... it's a prize giveaway.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-03-29 12:39:22)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6575|Greenwood, IN

Goven wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Not just one.  I have another friend I use to talk to every other day that just stopped talking to me.  He actually ended up being the #1 player WoW for a short period of time.

Dragonclaw wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Because he got married to someone he met on a game the game is evil? I would see that as the opposite.
The game is far to addictive that's why I think its "evil" it has single handily destroyed many lives. Like I said once you see it personally do it to someone it sheds a how new light one things.  Until then you will your WoW fan boys that say they have self control when they spend all there time playing the game outside of work/school.

I really do apologize to the people for changing the subject(Hate it when people do it to me.) but WoW is just one of those things that gets beneath my skin so badly for what it has done to people.
Dragonclaw
+186|6275|Florida

Naturn wrote:

Goven wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Not just one.  I have another friend I use to talk to every other day that just stopped talking to me.  He actually ended up being the #1 player WoW for a short period of time.

Dragonclaw wrote:

Naturn wrote:

The game is far to addictive that's why I think its "evil" it has single handily destroyed many lives. Like I said once you see it personally do it to someone it sheds a how new light one things.  Until then you will your WoW fan boys that say they have self control when they spend all there time playing the game outside of work/school.

I really do apologize to the people for changing the subject(Hate it when people do it to me.) but WoW is just one of those things that gets beneath my skin so badly for what it has done to people.
People who get addicted to gaming would be addicted to something far worse if gaming wasnt shown to them first. People have an addictive nature, games just draw on that just like drugs, sex and many other things. It has nothing to do with gaming, its the people that play the game. I think because WoW has the most players for a game it gets the most attention, There are many people who play CSS nonstop, or various other FPS, RTS, and RPG games. WoW only gets the attention because it has more people playing it.

Last edited by Dragonclaw (2008-03-29 13:30:07)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6575|Greenwood, IN
I can call the bullshit right there.  I know for a FACT that one of my 2 friends that played WoW never touched or even had an addictive personaly.  He was a hard worker and clean pools and lots of manual labor.
Dragonclaw
+186|6275|Florida

Naturn wrote:

I can call the bullshit right there.  I know for a FACT that one of my 2 friends that played WoW never touched or even had an addictive personaly.  He was a hard worker and clean pools and lots of manual labor.
People arent born addicted to things, they get addicted to when they are exposed to them. If your friends are actually "addicted" and not just enjoying a game that you hate then go ahead and try to get them help.

Last edited by Dragonclaw (2008-03-29 13:33:41)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Goven wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Lol that why I never leveled humans. Most of their quests were just grinds. I quested my entire way to 70....
On the topic of 2.4, I love the phases of the Isle of Quel'Danas. My server just got the 2nd phase yesterday

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Also, that's why a lot of people who say "they've tried the trial" don't like it. 15 minutes in WoW is nothing. The higher the level you are, the funner the game is...
I presume that getting up to 70 takes a lot of time. Why would anyone want to waste all that time before finally "starting" the game?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6575|Greenwood, IN
Everything you say is only adding to my argument dude.  If a came has lots more people playing for far more amount of time...  hmm don't you think somethings up?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
Naturn I can call you out for the same "bullshit" you are accusing people of...

Your friend was No.1 player of WoW for a while? Haha, that's the funniest thing I've read in any WoW-related thread here on BF2s. Just the naivety and the silliness of that post has completely discredited everything you know about World of Warcraft. It's impossible to be the 'No.1' of WoW; it's practically impossible to even be the 'top player' on a server. The game is too varied and there are too many angles of looking at player-ability to declare such a thing. Stop reading sensationalist media articles / reports, stop accusing an entertainment-time activity of being "evil" as if it was Satan reincarnate... and go play your own games, have fun, and stop your bitching. This is a WoW thread, if the game is evil, stop participating in evil discussions.

If a game has lots of people playing it for a long amount of time... do I think something is up? Why would a games success breed suspicion? Call of Duty 4's widespread popularity is down to the game being inherently evil and devious? Halo's rocketing career has been down to the integral malevolence? If a game is successful, the only thing that is up is that the game is fucking good. Games don't get popular because they go around smashing peoples lives and eating babies/dropkicking puppies. They gain popularity because people enjoy playing them. Grow up a little.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-03-29 13:49:28)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6575|Greenwood, IN

Uzique wrote:

Naturn I can call you out for the same "bullshit" you are accusing people of...

Your friend was No.1 player of WoW for a while? Haha, that's the funniest thing I've read in any WoW-related thread here on BF2s. Just the naivety and the silliness of that post has completely discredited everything you know about World of Warcraft. It's impossible to be the 'No.1' of WoW; it's practically impossible to even be the 'top player' on a server. The game is too varied and there are too many angles of looking at player-ability to declare such a thing. Stop reading sensationalist media articles / reports, stop accusing an entertainment-time activity of being "evil" as if it was Satan reincarnate... and go play your own games, have fun, and stop your bitching. This is a WoW thread, if the game is evil, stop participating in evil discussions.

If a game has lots of people playing it for a long amount of time... do I think something is up? Why would a games success breed suspicion? Call of Duty 4's widespread popularity is down to the game being inherently evil and devious? Halo's rocketing career has been down to the integral malevolence? If a game is successful, the only thing that is up is that the game is fucking good. Games don't get popular because they go around smashing peoples lives and eating babies/dropkicking puppies. They gain popularity because people enjoy playing them. Grow up a little.
The only thing I have to say to that is you have never seen what has happend have you?  I never thought twice about this game until I have seen it personaly.

Its was for a SHORT mean like a week to 2 weeks over 2 years ago.  I'm done because your right its stupid to argue.  If you want to continue created a thread in D&ST and I will continue there.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
I've played the game since release on and off hardcore and casually until about a month ago, when my subscription ran out. I've played on multiple characters, on multiple realms/servers, and have met a whooole wide range of people from all different backgrounds and countries. I've 'seen' enough through my own conduct to form my own (well-informed) subjective opinion. All this sensationalist "WoW is the devil, WoW is pure evil in videogame form!" stuff is such over-hyped hyperbole. It's actually boring to read.

Of course you're right- I haven't seen what has happened in your case/your friends case. But the many hundreds of people I have socially interacted with were all normal; no suicides, no marriage breakups, no freakish Internet-relationships. I really think the things that you hold against WoW are so few and far between that it's almost like applying the logic of 'I will never fly on a plane' because of the rarity of a plane-crash. A poor analogy I know, but this ridiculous discussion doesn't deserve much thought.

[/on topic from now].
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6659|London, UK
I started playing again and started all over again and my undead warrior is at level 40
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6451|Purdue

NooBesT wrote:

Goven wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I presume that getting up to 70 takes a lot of time. Why would anyone want to waste all that time before finally "starting" the game?
Getting to 70 doesn't really take that long if you know what you're doing. It's a lot funner and easier to play with a friend or someone you know. If you're new to the game, getting level 70 may seem like a big task, but there's tons of people in the game to help, do quests with, or run instances with. Don't get me wrong, I had tons of fun inbetween 1 and 70, but there's so much more you can do at 70.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

played the trial for a good 5 hours

kill 10 creatures

kill 15 creatures

level up

bring 10 items

bring 15 items

level upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 items

got boring

fast.
killaer
+41|6688

Uzique wrote:

Cleared Black Temple months ago, farmed raids and weekly-arena for several months on a Resto Shaman character. Got 6/6 Tier6, the mainhand healing mace and the healing trinket from Illidan himself... and then just waited for 2.4 to come out with the 'exciting' new Sunwell 25-man content. Sadly, when my guild heard the news about Tier6-equivalent items being purchasable with heroic badges, as well as the removal of attunements to all higher-instances, - the desire and interest in raiding any further content diminished altogether. My guild are now on official hiatus until Wrath of the Lich King. It's a shame that Blizzard have decided over the last year to more and more progressively 'phase out' hardcore players from the game... the game now only rewards casual players with cheapened and ezemode items... there is no challenge anymore.

My account subscription ran out last month. I have a 6/6 Tier6 and full Vengeful Gladiator Draenai Shaman just sitting there, doing nothing. A bit depressing actually when I think about all of the time wasted on the effort of raiding and progressing... if only I'd known that Blizzard would give away the same quality gear in a raffle 3 months later! World of Warcraft is all but dead to me now-- no challenge, no 'real' progression, and the only motivation for doing the Sunwell is to collect the 'miscellaneous' parts of the Tier6 set. No thanks.

Edit: In a response to individuals such as the originally-named 'Killer'- who contend that WoW is "like a cancer" because it requires you to hardcore raid... I believe my above post is a testament to the contrary. You can get epic gear and 'progress' (for lack of a better word) in the game now with barely any effort or time-investment at all. All grinding tasks, all gold-farming tasks, all gearing/character-development tasks are now toned down both in difficulty and in effort. The game is no longer a timesink... it's a prize giveaway.
I don't know what gameplay in 2.4 is like, but you seem to mention "hardcore" players. All I know is that you need to invest several hours at a time to get any shitty progress in the game. It's pointless. It's a boring, boring, BORING grind of fighting the same reskinned model by tapping the 2 and 3 key over and over and over again.

It's a bad game. It requires plenty of time to invest into it, It sounds like you have plenty of it to waste if you're UPSET that they're making it less of a shitty grind to get somewhere in the game.

Also: HURRRF ORIGINALLY NAMED KILLER HURR GOOD ONE CHAMP

Last edited by killaer (2008-03-29 16:13:52)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6721|the middle of nowhere

SamTheMan:D wrote:

played the trial for a good 5 hours

kill 10 creatures

kill 15 creatures

level up

bring 10 items

bring 15 items

level upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 creatureslevel upbring 10 itemsbring 15 itemslevel upkill 10 creatureskill 15 cre......................

got boring

fast.
Exactly what I did. I might play it if I knew more people that played it (I only know like 3 or 4 at least) or if I didn't have to pay for it, or if I didn't have to start at level 1.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard