FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Not for free.

And no grinding.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
prostitutes always cheer me up
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6640|London, England

FEOS wrote:

When I think I've had a bad day, my son's smile tells me that no matter how bad my day, it hasn't been as challenging as his...and he can still smile.
I've seen you type something like this about your son before, mind if I ask what's wrong?

Just curious, that's all

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-25 15:31:25)

FEOS
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Unbalanced translocation of the 7th and 18th chromosome. Trisomy for a portion of 7, monosomy for a portion of 18. Comes with a host of physical and developmental problems. He's nearly 8 and is about 6 months developmentally. But we were told to expect to bury him by the time he turned 18 months old, so every day we get is a blessing.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6651|949

I constantly refer to this (great) Goethe quote:

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

A good book.  An uplifting song (especially one that seems to fit the mood I feel).  A profound picture.  A simple conversation with someone I can confide in - or sometimes a conversation of nothing with someone I don't know - that reassures my faith in humanity.

Sometimes simply reflecting on life, philosophizing, realizing the incredible power of the human mind to create and maintain states of being.
13rin
+977|6498

Dilbert_X wrote:

For me about the only thing which works consistently is music (and maybe flaming FEOS).
'Positive thinking' is just too tiring
What about you?
Living.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6787
are u talking about being depressed or depression?

2 different things.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6388|Calgary, Canada
Smoke weed
Thats what helps me tbh...
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6666
Keeping loaded guns in the house.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6125|eXtreme to the maX
Truly sorry about that FEOS - You must have a strength I don't.

I don't know the difference - Do you mean short-term and long-term?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6482|A W S M F O X
Japanese sword arts.
FEOS
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

I appreciate the sentiment, but there's nothing special about what me or my wife do. We're just parents trying to make the best life for our kids. No different than what any parent should be doing. It's nothing we ever dreamed we would be able to handle before he was born, but it's just what you do when you have children.

But thanks again.
― Albert Einstein

CloakedStarship
+76|6584
Franklin D. Roosevelt
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6787

Dilbert_X wrote:

I don't know the difference - Do you mean short-term and long-term?
u can say being depressed can be like "oh my football team lost, i blew $200 bucks last night and i shat my pants"

depression is a chronic disease. so, yeah, its more long term

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard