Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6479|Kamloops, BC Canada
I was playing bf2... like usual... then I went onto a wake island server... 'cause I felt like playing wake.

Then I got a kill assist in the cobra. And I went up a rank... to the silver leaf... whatever it's called...

I thought... weird my next rank was captain and it was like 400 points away still... then I got a kill... and I went up to colonel (silver eagle)

Weird... must be a glitch...

so I play on the server for a while until my g/f wanted to take a break from homework.... so I log off and check my stats...

16,777,000 points? WTF?

Is this happening with other people? is there millions of other threads on this? uhh... if there are... sorry.

Mmmm I don't want to get reset... what do I do? who do I contact.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5986
Your PID/Name was hacked, keep playing and you'll hit 4 star. The reason you ranked up on the server was because BF2 lags a little on stats, so it takes a while to register when you're going to rank up, for instance I used to have to come back the next day to get my rank.

I was also PID hacked, you'll get reset but keep your rank (4 star). Guess you annoyed someone who hacks
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6104|SC | USA |
Your best bet is to contact EA, though I doubt it will help. Someone is doing this through a glitch in BFHQ. Hundreds of accounts are being "maxed".  I actually had a few friends do this (they talked to a dude) and can no longer play bf2 anymore. (Whether its related to that I dont know)
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6630|Your moms bedroom

Hakei wrote:

Your PID/Name was hacked, keep playing and you'll hit 4 star. The reason you ranked up on the server was because BF2 lags a little on stats, so it takes a while to register when you're going to rank up, for instance I used to have to come back the next day to get my rank.

I was also PID hacked, you'll get reset but keep your rank (4 star). Guess you annoyed someone who hacks
or as someone suggested earler, played on a hacked server
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6406|...
gimme that server ip
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6437|Chicago, IL
didnt happen to me (im not 1337 enough to warrant a namehack )
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6398|Somersetshire

S.Lythberg wrote:

didnt happen to me (im not 1337 enough to warrant a namehack )
we can only wish that one day we too, will be leet
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6750|San Antonio, Texas

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

gimme that server ip
I've checked all the servers he was on. None of them seemed to be hacked. So he got PID hacked.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6737|Mexico City
last night i got and extra of 32 million points.
i already sended a msg to EA.
Canadian_Sniper_X
Ya I'm contacting EA now. I hope I don't get my stats reset... But it's not the end of the world if it happens. I liked my stats...
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6737|Mexico City
this is their response......................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for contacting EA In-game support.

It is always distressing to hear that a player may have had their account illegally accessed and the account damaged. Unfortunately, there is very little we can do and very little assistance we can offer with Battlefield 2 soldier accounts. Battlefield 2 Soldier accounts are at their core “Free” IGN/Gamespy game accounts. These accounts are free for users and are used to track your stats and scores. However, because these accounts are controlled by IGN/Gamespy, Electronic Arts does not have direct access to them. As well, because these are basically free accounts that can be created by anyone, IGN/Gamespy provides no support for them outside of their automated password retrieval system.

Though we understand you’ve probably invested a lot of time into your account, we recommend creating a new Battlefield 2 account at this time. We understand this is not what you want to hear, but as I mentioned above, we have no access to change any Battlefield 2 account information. However, account security is very important to us, and making sure you take your account security seriously is a very important initiative here at Electronic Arts.

If you’ve lost access to your Battlefield 2 account because you believe it may have been stolen or accessed with out your permission then there are three possible reasons on how this happen.

1) You’ve used an illegal and unsupported 3rd party program with Battlefield 2. These programs are often just shells for Virus, Trojans and Key logger software. When using this type of software there’s a good chance you’re not only sending your Battlefield login information but also account information for any website you access on that PC.
2) You’ve let a friend or family member use your account, or accessed your account from another PC other then your own. There’s no way you can make sure someone else doesn’t lose your password or that their PC is secure. This means that when you let someone else use your account, or access it from a PC that could be compromised you take a big risk. Never share your account information!
3) The password used for the account was not a strong one. Try reading over this informative page about how to make a strong password and password security. http://www.itc.virginia.edu/accounts/passwords.html

If you believe your PC has been truly hacked, we recommend doing the following immediately. Scan your entire system for viruses. If you have McAfee or Norton’s Symantec anti-virus programs, you should be able to update your .dat or definition files to detect any infection. Both of these will detect Back Orifice, NetBUS, SubSeven, and a variety of other malicious programs. These viruses - also known as “Trojan Horse viruses” - allow someone to get inside your system without your knowledge. Removing the virus is your first and most important step to preventing this from happening to you again. Another virus detection program is The Cleaner located at www.moosoft.com. This program will detect and remove Trojan viruses.
Thanks to the good folks at Symantec Security, we have included a link that has detailed information and FAQs about the Internet and Internet security. The page also contains guides to various dangers on the Internet, glossary of hacking terms, and an online Security Check to test your vulnerability on the Internet. We highly recommend becoming familiar with some of the information as well as some of the solutions that are presented. http://www.symantec.com/securitycheck/

Again, we do wish there was something more we could do for you, but we do not have the tools or the access to return Battlefield accounts to players. EA Customer Support can also not transfer stats from one account to another, modify single or multiple stats on an account, or provide any account management for Battlefield 2 accounts. If you have any other concerns or general questions about Battlefield 2 please try searching our Knowledge Base at http://support.ea.com/.

Sincerely,

EA Rep Brad
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

-------------------------------------------------------

So........we are on our own ???????????

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2008-03-24 22:46:25)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6143|what

Thats the typical auto response you'll get. Some EA person glances at your email then clicks to send you this pre-written piece of shit response. You'll need to email a few times to get into contact with someone who cares.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6454|A W S M F O X
Sbennet = STALL0WN3D!211#$!@`!@

*fanfare*
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6406|...

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

gimme that server ip
I've checked all the servers he was on. None of them seemed to be hacked. So he got PID hacked.
you sir, are wrong.  i was just on the server.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6188|Winland

FUCK SHIT PISS COCK CUNT COCKSUCKER MOTHERFUCKER PISS PISS PISS VAGINA RAGE MORONS HATE FUCK CUNT COCK COCK COCK COCK COCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAT CUNT FUCK SHIT SHIT ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wasted 1200 hours of my life.

Why, oh why did I choose to play today? After weeks of break, I play today, when this happens. Why, god, WHY do you want to end my gaming carreer? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-03-24 23:36:37)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Wallpaper
+303|5984|The pool
^ Hacked or were you a naughty boy?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6188|Winland

Wallpaper wrote:

^ Hacked or were you a naughty boy?
http://bf2s.com/player/63015296/
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Wallpaper
+303|5984|The pool
So Im guessing you went to the wrong server... Oh, well, that blows.

I, personally, was a naughty boy today.

http://bf2s.com/player/119928150/

Guh-huhuhuhuh

Last edited by Wallpaper (2008-03-25 00:09:48)

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6737|Mexico City
We rock......

http://bf2s.com/player/44967334/

and im not still a 4 stars general !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2008-03-25 00:10:33)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6777|Bulgaria

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

Your best bet is to contact EA, though I doubt it will help. Someone is doing this through a glitch in BFHQ. Hundreds of accounts are being "maxed".  I actually had a few friends do this (they talked to a dude) and can no longer play bf2 anymore. (Whether its related to that I dont know)
I have 32 million points!!! omfg? what's wrong?
ANd how do I contact EA? any details PLZ???

edit: someone PLZ give me the e-mail of the EA Support!

Last edited by Nikola Bathory (2008-03-25 00:13:46)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6800|Nårvei

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Wallpaper
+303|5984|The pool
Aw, they already reset my new account D:
Canadian_Sniper_X
*sigh* I got wiped... Oh well... didn't really like my user name anyways hahaha.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6777|Bulgaria

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

*sigh* I got wiped...
Why? Is this how EA "helped" you??
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6777|Bulgaria
OK, so I contacted EA and got a quick (but useless response!!). And yes, their reply was the one Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd already posted. EA sux.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard