Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6761|United States
https://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/ap/1a8c209e-4c9d-48d1-bbd1-e7d99c30406f.hmedium.jpg

Another sad milestone in the War on Terror.

"Four U.S. soldiers were killed by a bomb blast in southern Baghdad late Sunday, raising the death toll for American forces since start of the war to 4,000, according to the Pentagon."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23771735

So much for the troop surge.  It seemed like it was working for awhile, up until around last week when deaths started rising again.

Last edited by Bert10099 (2008-03-23 20:07:19)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6591|Portland, OR, USA
Would you stop fighting if some imperialistic nation (or some nation who had it's own interests in mind over yours) invaded your country?
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6761|United States

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Would you stop fighting if some imperialistic nation (or some nation who had it's own interests in mind over yours) invaded your country?
But who really owns the country at this point?  The Iraqis?  The terrorists who kill our soldiers?  The terrorists who come from neighboring countries to kill our soldiers?  The Americans?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6550|Global Command
Iraq is not worth one American life.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6761|United States

ATG wrote:

QFT.
Reciprocity
+721|6601|the dank(super) side of Oregon
We obviously aren't paying them enough.  The terrorists I mean.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6787|Cambridge (UK)

ATG wrote:

Nothing is worth the taking of a human life of any nationality.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6850|Grapevine, TX
Stat whores. Please don't take me wrong.

How many Allied casualties are there? Please do not forget them. Are they not worth of a "big round number" to glorify the medias protest of the war? We not go alone in this fight. Please remember and honor all that server their sovereign lands'. Including the Iraqis'.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6787|Cambridge (UK)

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Stat whores. Please don't take me wrong.

How many Allied casualties are there? Please do not forget them. Are they not worth of a "big round number" to glorify the medias protest of the war? We not go alone in this fight. Please remember and honor all that server their sovereign lands'. Including the Iraqis'.
See http://icasualties.org/oif/PieCountry.aspx for coalition casualties.
ATG
Banned

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=96230
I'm not saying I told you so. I'm not surprised by the violence or of a new opinion.
Just saying it was a fooking waste of time, men and material. Costs vrs. benefit. George Bush has got his head up his ass.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6664
brigades have already been drawn back from the "surge"
ATG
Banned
that'd explain the " surge " , I guess.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6591|Portland, OR, USA

Bert10099 wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

But who really owns the country at this point?  The Iraqis?  The terrorists who kill our soldiers?  The terrorists who come from neighboring countries to kill our soldiers?  The Americans?
I'd imagine that the terrorist to iraqi ratio is terribly small.

But where do you draw the line between a patriot and a terrorist?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6850|Grapevine, TX

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

See http://icasualties.org/oif/PieCountry.aspx for coalition casualties.
Thanks. If I can add right thats 4,305 casualties. Not one shall ever be forgotten. You can not take away, what they died believing in. It is forever theirs'. RIP.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6667

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Fighting Americans isn't in their own best interests.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Not even fighting Nazi Germany?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6787|Cambridge (UK)

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Not even fighting Nazi Germany?
If it could have been done any other way, it would have been far preferable. I admit, sometimes, killing is necessary, but you can not put a price on someones life.
Loonyk
+5|6181|Saint-Hubert, Québec,Canada
As far as I know...( I'm CDN soldier)... Soldiers only carry the will of the people. Election will put someone in office and that president will make decision that WE soldiers must follow...

Nation decide...WE operate.
Nation decide...WE die.

If you don't want to make this ultimate sacrifice for your own country....then DON'T JOIN THE ARMY.

4000 fellow soldiers die in IRAK...R.I.P...pray for their family.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6426|North Carolina

Reciprocity wrote:

...and that, my friends, is why the surge is a joke.  Whenever it gets to the point that you're paying off militias to keep the peace, that's when it's time to leave.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6394|Kyiv, Ukraine

Turquoise wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

...and that, my friends, is why the surge is a joke.  Whenever it gets to the point that you're paying off militias to keep the peace, that's when it's time to leave.
Or when you're ironically complaining about all the "foreign influence" or "foreign fighters" in a country when you're the one occupying it...
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6466|The Land of Scott Walker
So you'd prefer Iran rather than the US influence the direction of Iraq?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5982|Washington DC
Whoever voted "yes" on this war and doesn't regret it is low as dirt in my book
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6219

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Or when you're ironically complaining about all the "foreign influence" or "foreign fighters" in a country when you're the one occupying it...
lol
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6394|Kyiv, Ukraine

Stingray24 wrote:

So you'd prefer Iran rather than the US influence the direction of Iraq?
We had our chance to influence Iran and blew it, we had our chance to influence Iraq and blew it, same with Palestinian states...Saudi Arabia treats us like clowns.  The only major player we're tenuously holding on to is Pakistan, but that's getting a bit far from the region.

We have no lasting influence, and we won't for a while.  Our credibility as "problem solvers" in the ME is shot to hell.  A step toward regaining that is to pull out.  It won't be near the hysterical blood bath that's predicted from the neo-con think tanks and talking point makers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard