GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6703
And it will die down shortly before the election, but right now, its gonna be like 2004 again for a little while.  Get ready to see stupid headlines and hear "I told you so's" from people that dont know anything.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6681|London, England
The Surge™ seemed to have worked for awhile and things seemed all and well, but yeah things seem to be escalating again. Any idea why?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6703
troop level reductions.   the surge was an influx in combat troops.  when I was in country, 60% of the soldiers in theater were actual ground troops.  We had pretty much the same troop levels in 2004 that we did last year, except for that fact. Now, that number is much higher, but, we still need more soldiers on the ground.   We never went in with enough in the first place.  Now, brigades are starting to leave.  bad.  As much as I dont feel like redploying I know that the only way to peacefully allow the Iraqi gov't to control their country, is too have more troops.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6059|...
They said they're expecting increased terrorist activity in Afghanistan aswell, it's pretty hot there right now. I agree on that there aren't enough troops there, and I wonder if the US is considering to get a draft some day - or when the european countries are seriously going to consider to help out
inane little opines
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6703
08 is going to be bloody
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6661|132 and Bush

That's because the terrorist need the US troops there for continued employment .. they need a Prez that will keep our troops there. By ensuring death and destruction they might influence American voters.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6059|...

Kmarion wrote:

That's because the terrorist need the US troops there for continued employment .. they need a Prez that will keep our troops there. By ensuring death and destruction they might influence American voters.
You forgot oil, you're only there because of oil.
inane little opines
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6471|'Murka

dayarath wrote:

They said they're expecting increased terrorist activity in Afghanistan aswell, it's pretty hot there right now. I agree on that there aren't enough troops there, and I wonder if the US is considering to get a draft some day - or when the european countries are seriously going to consider to help out
Taliban spring offensives are as predictable as the sun rising in the East. It'll get bloody in Afghanistan, but it'll still be VERY one-sided.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6703
bloody for the taliban!
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6698|Amsterdam, NY

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

bloody for the taliban!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6661|132 and Bush

dayarath wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

You forgot oil, you're only there because of oil.
Yea that's working out great for us . Too bad oil production dropped like a rock once the war began. That tends to happen in War zones.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6471|'Murka

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

bloody for the taliban!
That's what I said.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6703

FEOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

bloody for the taliban!
That's what I said.
I know, just firing for effect.
rdx-fx
+955|6651

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

FEOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

bloody for the taliban!
That's what I said.
I know, just firing for effect.
Thought that was firing an illum round there..
san4
The Mas
+311|6748|NYC, a place to live

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

troop level reductions.   the surge was an influx in combat troops.  when I was in country, 60% of the soldiers in theater were actual ground troops.  We had pretty much the same troop levels in 2004 that we did last year, except for that fact. Now, that number is much higher, but, we still need more soldiers on the ground.   We never went in with enough in the first place.  Now, brigades are starting to leave.  bad.  As much as I dont feel like redploying I know that the only way to peacefully allow the Iraqi gov't to control their country, is too have more troops.
Don't you support a presidential candidate who has pledged to withdraw US troops from Iraq within a year and a half of his inauguration?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6703
I dont support withdrawal from Iraq, but I didnt support invasion either.  Whatever the chain of command does is acceptable by me, whether its clinton, mccain or obama.
Bagel_Bites
+14|5987
It's not really a "surge" anyway. Whatever happened to "overwhelming force" from Gulf War I? I like that one much better.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I dont support withdrawal from Iraq, but I didnt support invasion either.  Whatever the chain of command does is acceptable by me, whether its clinton, mccain or obama.
I take it that wouldn't extend to orders to go door to door in Seattle and spray nerve gas into every home?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6703
nerve gas?  thats not my MOS
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6538|Communist Republic of CA, USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

nerve gas?  thats not my MOS
He's right.  This is:
https://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3036/crushthegermanshg1.jpg

We're both cross-trained in civilian killing, and conspiracy cover ups though.

Jews did 9/11.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6734|Canberra, AUS

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I dont support withdrawal from Iraq, but I didnt support invasion either.
This is my position as well.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6465|North Carolina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Get ready to see stupid headlines and hear "I told you so's" from people that dont know anything.
The media and the government are often tied in how ignorant they are.  It's hard to know who to trust when both of them are paid to only acknowledge the parts of reality that suit their needs and preconceptions.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6901|Cologne, Germany

Spark wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

but isn't this a contradiction ? How can one be against the invasion, yet be against withdrawal at the same time ?

Doesn't make sense to me, sorry.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6190|North Tonawanda, NY

B.Schuss wrote:

Spark wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

but isn't this a contradiction ? How can one be against the invasion, yet be against withdrawal at the same time ?

I think the point is "Don't go in, but if you do, don't leave until the job is done."
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6440|MN

B.Schuss wrote:

You don't have to agree with going there in the first place, but now that you are there, it is not always the right thing to just up and leave.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard