blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
One in three youngsters believes wartime prime minister Sir Winston Churchill was the first person to walk on the Moon.Worryingly, nearly three-quarters can't even identify the Moon in the night sky as the stars in children's eyes these days are more likely to be celebrities, a survey shows.They are also three times as likely to name a star on the telly than one from the cosmos, with a third thinking the surface of Mars is blue.

Nearly two-fifths of youngsters believe Mars is a type of chocolate bar (it is, isn't it?).Two-thirds of the 1,400 children surveyed could not answer basic questions such as how many planets are in the solar system (eight) while 59 per cent could not name the planets in order – but even scientists get this one wrong.However, Stephen Hawking and Sir Patrick Moore should take heart, as nearly three-quarters of the children questioned want to learn more about astronomy.

The survey is to mark the launch of the new Power Rangers DVD, Operation Overdrive.To help boost childrens' knowledge of astronomy, the Power Rangers brand has teamed up with the British Astronomical Society to create a guide to the stars using the popular TV characters.Gavin Quirk, brand manager of Walt Disney Studios Homes Entertainment, said: 'This will help kids search for their own jewels in the sky.'

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.htm … page_id=34
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

I guess they'd better stop dumbing down f*cking media then, huh.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6647|Camoran's Paradise
That's a bit of a staggering figure.  Then again, in my 8th grade science class many many years ago, a couple of very stupid girls learned that stars bigger than the Earth and outside our atmosphere. 
If kids believe this, then what do their parents think?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
1) Mars is a type of chocolate, what's the first thing that's going to pop into your head if your five, chocolate or the planet?
2) I wonder how many of them said 9 and not 8
3) Wait, two thirds didn't know how many planets there were, but only 59% couldn't put them in order? There were almost 10% of kids that could name them in order, but didn't know how many there were?
4) These statistics are bullshit.
5) I wonder how many people will point and laugh at the U.K. for how stupid they are compared to the "America is stupid" videos.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X
Hahahahahahaaaaahahhaahahaaa

Churchill was the first person to walk on the SUN, stupid kids.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
The moon is a conspiracy
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6357|England - Kent

Mek-Izzle wrote:

The moon is a conspiracy
Wut? as its not really there?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY

xRBLx wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

The moon is a conspiracy
Wut? as its not really there?
It's an elaborate fake, done by the Illuminati.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

3) Wait, two thirds didn't know how many planets there were, but only 59% couldn't put them in order? There were almost 10% of kids that could name them in order, but didn't know how many there were?
My guess is that many answered "9" planets, because they didn't remember Pluto being demoted. Getting that answer incorrect, they still knew the planets. (As you yourself pointed out in your #2)
I need around tree fiddy.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6528|Milkystania, yurop
https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/magpie1985/katt27_1205959392.gif
gawd ppl are stupäääd
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Magpie wrote:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/ … 959392.gif
gawd ppl are stupäääd
I see that pic one more time posted by you..
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6642|Your moms bedroom

blademaster wrote:

One in three youngsters believes wartime prime minister Sir Winston Churchill was the first person to walk on the Moon.Worryingly, nearly three-quarters can't even identify the Moon in the night sky as the stars in children's eyes these days are more likely to be celebrities, a survey shows.They are also three times as likely to name a star on the telly than one from the cosmos, with a third thinking the surface of Mars is blue.

Nearly two-fifths of youngsters believe Mars is a type of chocolate bar (it is, isn't it?).Two-thirds of the 1,400 children surveyed could not answer basic questions such as how many planets are in the solar system (eight) while 59 per cent could not name the planets in order – but even scientists get this one wrong.However, Stephen Hawking and Sir Patrick Moore should take heart, as nearly three-quarters of the children questioned want to learn more about astronomy.

The survey is to mark the launch of the new Power Rangers DVD, Operation Overdrive.To help boost childrens' knowledge of astronomy, the Power Rangers brand has teamed up with the British Astronomical Society to create a guide to the stars using the popular TV characters.Gavin Quirk, brand manager of Walt Disney Studios Homes Entertainment, said: 'This will help kids search for their own jewels in the sky.'

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.htm … page_id=34
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto

i counted 9
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6528|Milkystania, yurop

DonFck wrote:

Magpie wrote:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/ … 959392.gif
gawd ppl are stupäääd
I see that pic one more time posted by you..
Point taken 
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Locoloki wrote:

i counted 9
Pluto isn't a planet anymore.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6642|Your moms bedroom

DonFck wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

i counted 9
hehe, yea i just read that

silly dwarf planet

get off my solar system
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6569|Up a tree

DonFck wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

i counted 9
as from   August 24, 2006
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

~{TPP}~richoxon wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

i counted 9
as from   August 24, 2006
Jesus has it been that long? I remember when it was posted here on the forums. Life. I need one. *runs off to the store to get beer*
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6544|Texas - Bigger than France
Who is Churchill again?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland
I remember getting supid questioneers like that in school and I would respond with all sorts of stupid shit just to be funny.  Everything about common knowledge, drugs, and sex.

People who take these surveys seriously need their head examined.  Go Media, nice story morons.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X

Pug wrote:

Who is Churchill again?
What is world?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland

DonFck wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

i counted 9
Mecury is the lead singer of Queen that died from Aids and Uranus is where he contracted it from.

So, basically we are down to 6 planets, a gay guy, an orfice, and an asteriod.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard