+856|5944|England

Stingray24 wrote:

Perhaps F:FoW will be once they fix it.
are you mad?

lol
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
No, just stating facts.  I hear there's some major tweaking needed.  I don't own the game yet.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

Stingray24 wrote:

I think BF3 will be.  Perhaps F:FoW will be once they fix it.
they have A LOT of work to do then. not a bad game by any means, but it just doesn't have that special thing that keeps me coming back.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

loonitic wrote:

BF3 has got a lot live up to when it is released
It's just gonna be another cheap EA ripoff. And an EA ripoff of an EA game can't be good...
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
Although I'm kinda happy that no game other than BF2 drew me in to its evil hands I would most likely spend even more time owning face on the PC, which is of course sad for nubs.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6612|can

ig wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I think BF3 will be.  Perhaps F:FoW will be once they fix it.
they have A LOT of work to do then. not a bad game by any means, but it just doesn't have that special thing that keeps me coming back.
Exactly. I wuv you ig.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
of course there will be another game this good.  something newer and better is always going to come around, especially as computers get faster, and graphics become more and more realistic.  when i was a little kid, i used to play this game called Airborne Ranger, and fucking loved it.  i never thought any game would ever be as good.  lol i was wrong.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6607|USA

heggs wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

heggs wrote:

I'd rate BF2 high, but not the best game I've played. If I never played it, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Best game for u is...?
Probably Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
I would also rate the following higher:
Super Mario Kart
Goldeneye 007
Gran Turismo 4
Star Craft
Final Fantasy 9
im sorry but...u cant compare an MMORPG/RPG with an FPS

theyre 2 completely different games

like my favorite MMORPG is [Dark Age of Camelot] (i spent most time on runescape though )
cheify0
+2|6199|Philippines
BF3...as long as they get the bugs straightened out...
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York

elite3444 wrote:

heggs wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Best game for u is...?
Super Mario Kart
Goldeneye 007
Gran Turismo 4
Star Craft
Final Fantasy 9

like my favorite MMORPG is [Dark Age of Camelot] (i spent most time on runescape though )
According to your question, you wanted my favorite game, and I listed it.

Next time be more specific, and don't talk to me like I'm the fucking idiot when you can't seem to get your thoughts in order. Had you said, favorite FPS, I would have answered differently.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

I went back to BF2 after a year of not playing and absolutely hated it. The hitreg was terrible, took a million shots to kill someone (I'm too used to hardcore CoD4 I guess) and the accuracy of the guns seemed to be worse than before. Tbh, I think BF2 isn't very fun anymore, no matter how many people play it. It's almost 3 years old, and bigger and better games are coming out.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

heggs wrote:

elite3444 wrote:

heggs wrote:

Super Mario Kart
Goldeneye 007
Gran Turismo 4
Star Craft
Final Fantasy 9

According to your question, you wanted my favorite game, and I listed it.

Next time be more specific, and don't talk to me like I'm the fucking idiot when you can't seem to get your thoughts in order. Had you said, favorite FPS, I would have answered differently.
Pass out the spoons.

Cos he just got served.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5931|Washington DC
BF2 was an amazing game, I gotta admit. It had its flaws, sometimes major (lol J-10) and I had my fair share of ragequitting. But over the course of 2 years I spent around 1000 hours on it. Rather unhealthy actually, but that's just a testament to how fun the game was.

I'm somewhat bored of it now, I haven't played it since September. Hopefully BF3 will surpass it, or at least live up to it

Also, people probably said this about Counter-Strike a year or two after it came out. The next BF2 will happen, given time.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-04 16:05:26)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405

HurricaИe wrote:

BF2 was an amazing game, I gotta admit. It had its flaws, sometimes major (lol J-10) and I had my fair share of ragequitting. But over the course of 2 years I spent around 1000 hours on it. Rather unhealthy actually, but that's just a testament to how fun the game was.

I'm somewhat bored of it now, I haven't played it since September. Hopefully BF3 will surpass it, or at least live up to it

Also, people probably said this about Counter-Strike a year or two after it came out. The next BF2 will happen, given time.
You can't really compare the two. Mods of HL1 came as a different breed of games. They were originally mods for some guys to have a bit of fun with each other and they blew up into something bigger. Add revision after revision and you have what we have today with Counter-Strike. With BF2, we had a straight up sequel, there wasn't any evolution of gameplay that wasn't already there (bar the few patches).
Mr.Dude2
+13|6294| Bay Area Calif. USA
I really enjoy playing BF2 Poe mod....I just wish there were more servers in the US.  My ping is always around 200  Damn Germans know whats good. 
pasngr
+50|6616
What I find amazing is that every once and a while I discover some new aspect to a map that I've played hundreds of times.  Just last month I noticed for the first time that on Daqing there is a hallway running down the middle of the building at Refinery.  A couple of other examples are seldom-used routes between flags on Mashtuur, Dragon and Daqing.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6164|Schofield Barracks
affirmative.
Slarty
+37|5934|Ingerland
Well when my old clan ([LoG]) decided to move from MOHAA I was slow to move over as I loved MOHAA. When I first started playing it, I honest to god hated it. I scuked BIG time (in fact I'm still not that good lol). But then I started to appreciate it for what it was/is. There is so much scope for different styles of game play. You want to fly around? Go fly. You want to defend a base, grap a tank or APC/Mobile AA etc. You want to base hope? Grab a jeep.

This is what keeps my tied to BF2. The graphics are ok, the game play is great. There's so many different ways of playing the game that it's hard to get bored with it (for me, at least.)

I bought COD4 about 2 months ago, still haven't installed it. A lot of my old clan members keep asking me if I've installed it. I always reply no (obviously lol) When they tell me it's a great game and to install it, I simply ask "can I fly a jet in it? Can I hop in a jeep and go off for a mad ride killing people?" They reply no, so it stays as it is.

BF2 isn't perfect, but it's still bloody good fun
The#1Spot
+105|6510|byah

Ec0li wrote:

ig wrote:

cod4 is just too sluggish; i feel like i weigh twice as much as my bf2 character does when im playing cod. and even though i'm mainly an infantry whore, it's just not the same without vehicles. bf2 has more depth than anything, and i doubt anything can live up to its legacy.
Dude, you just basically said exactly what I think about nearly all other FPS games, the sluggishness of them makes it sheisse, I worry that BF3 will employ that aswell, which will make me a sad panda. Oh and happy birthday mate.
Last time I checked a human cant jump 6ft in the air, prone in mid flight hit the ground and continually shoot or dodge burst rounds from a good player. Bf2 is leaned towards arcade fps rather than the newer more simulated fps oriented games.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5969|London ㋛

The#1Spot wrote:

Ec0li wrote:

ig wrote:

cod4 is just too sluggish; i feel like i weigh twice as much as my bf2 character does when im playing cod. and even though i'm mainly an infantry whore, it's just not the same without vehicles. bf2 has more depth than anything, and i doubt anything can live up to its legacy.
Dude, you just basically said exactly what I think about nearly all other FPS games, the sluggishness of them makes it sheisse, I worry that BF3 will employ that aswell, which will make me a sad panda. Oh and happy birthday mate.
Last time I checked a human cant jump 6ft in the air, prone in mid flight hit the ground and continually shoot or dodge burst rounds from a good player. Bf2 is leaned towards arcade fps rather than the newer more simulated fps oriented games.
I like that though, BF2 is NOT a simulator, you cant rez people off the battlefield, you cant re arm a jet by flying over a runway in real life etc etc, it's still fun as hell though.

Last edited by Ec0li (2008-03-04 23:12:45)

thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5952
Battlefield 2 is goddamn awesome. If not for the dodgy rego and the 1.3 patch, it would be THE best multiplayer FPS ever made. Bold statement? I dont think so. I've been through so many games (Day of Defeat and Counterstrike + their Source counterparts, Call of Duty United Offensive, CoD2, Battlefield 2142 and lately CoD4) and I still keep coming back to BF2. I absolutely love it.

There are just SO many ways to play it, its pretty much endless.
psH
Banned
+217|6354|Sydney
its just the concept of bf2 which we have came to love. mods, everything

its literally the cushion behind your back, after you get kicked back from other games.

anybody who ever played it, play another game for a few months, then go back to bf2, and you will find its still playable, mod-able, and full of endless hours of achivements and goals

the best game of its sort tbh
psH
Banned
+217|6354|Sydney

ebug9 wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=95331

Better than any game out there. XD
id have to agree with that
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6665|The Ville
Bf2 by far. cs comes in 2nd. (I played cs since like beta 1.2. Bring back the zoom on the m4a1 damnit. and de_desert and as_oilrig) I always go back to bf2 though..
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6515|England
Bf2 Is Still A Good Game But Too Many Servers Playing I/o And Thats Killing Bf2
Bf3 Will Be As Good If Not Better As Long As They Dont Bring Out Crap Mods Like I/o Then That Will Start Killing It Off

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard