commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6412|Michigan, USA

Source: Techeblog

Some of you might recall the pretty cool, yet random physics website http://home.planet.nl/~borst595/pEngine246.swf.

Well, Techeblog discovered essentially a downloadable physics application that is similar, except in this one, you can create, move, and destroy objects, as well as change certain physical properties, i.e. gravity. Here's what Techeblog said:

Techeblog wrote:

Phun 2D is basically a "2D physics playground program created by Umea University student Emil Ernerfeld as their Computer Science thesis." "While the goal of the software is to be educational and teach physics concepts like friction and restitution, it also encourages creativity and ends up being remarkably addictive." (quotes in these quotes indicate Techeblog is quoting their source)
I downloaded it, and it's pretty sweet, so I though I'd share it with you guys and let you have fun with it

Download Here: http://www.acc.umu.se/~emilk/downloads.html

https://media.techeblog.com/images/phun_2d.jpg

Last edited by commandochristian (2008-03-08 15:25:09)

commandochristian
+293|6412|Michigan, USA

ebug9 wrote:

For some reason I thought this was a repost but I saw it the other day on the Sir.Community forums.

That game is badass.
Yeah, I searched and couldn't find it on our forums.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6639
Facking sweet. Surprised this topic hasn't gotten more attention considering how everyone loves these type games.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6527|London (At Heart)

ThaReaper wrote:

Facking sweet. Surprised this topic hasn't gotten more attention considering how everyone loves these type games.
Like me.

Awesome!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
That video was amazing!

The music and the stuff he was doing really sold me, I'm installing it now
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6178
This is awesome! They did an amazing job on this.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6126|So Cal
Nice and small download size too! This deserves a +1 for ya . Nice find
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
Very impressive programming for a computer science masters.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Vilham wrote:

impressive for masters.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6392|Southern California
My physics teacher just linked to this on our assignment page just a few days before you made this thread. Pretty cool little program, but I need to play with it more cause I cant make a thing with it.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6219|Phoenix, AZ
Just like my Physics teacher's license plate says...

Fzxisfn
psH
Banned
+217|6383|Sydney

GodFather wrote:

Just like my Physics teacher's license plate says...

Fzxisfn
LOLLOLOLOLOL

yeah ill download this, it looks awesome for when your internets is down

only 2.5mb too? win
psH
Banned
+217|6383|Sydney
dam this is cool, i made a city then destroyed it with an asteroid lol
jason85
Banned
+58|5997|Mesa, AZ
Messed around with it earlier. It was awesome until absolutely everything quit functioning.

20 minutes later.....

I uninstalled and reinstalled, worked fine for about five mintues and the rest of the time was crap.

Better programming ftw.

Last edited by jason85 (2008-03-05 01:33:57)

commandochristian
+293|6412|Michigan, USA

jason85 wrote:

Messed around with it earlier. It was awesome until absolutely everything quit functioning.

20 minutes later.....

I uninstalled and reinstalled, worked fine for about five mintues and the rest of the time was crap.

Better programming ftw.
I can't argue with you - in any case with anything, there is always room for improvement.  But you have to look at it this way: grad student(s) made this, and it was free.  Compare this to a company like EA who makes you pay for your games, and they still have bugs.  No matter what you do, there will always be bugs! *dramatic music* lol
jason85
Banned
+58|5997|Mesa, AZ

commandochristian wrote:

jason85 wrote:

20 minutes later.....

Better programming ftw.
I can't argue with you - in any case with anything, there is always room for improvement.  But you have to look at it this way: grad student(s) made this, and it was free.  Compare this to a company like EA who makes you pay for your games, and they still have bugs.  No matter what you do, there will always be bugs! *dramatic music* lol
True, and I don't mind that. I guess what really pissed me off was that after I reinstalled it took so little time to bomb again.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6392|Southern California
Did an hour or so of mucking about last night...no problems with crashing or anything.

Its cool but can be frustrating. Being a physics program it would be nice to set actual values rather then arbitrary scalers. (i.e. rather then settings spring rate as 0-1 lemme set N/m) Same goes for masses and friction coefficents as well.

Using this program just reminds me how amazing Solid Works is as far as dimensioning goes. I would really like to be able to dimension things in a semi similar manner...

For free though it
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

I made an ejaculating penis

No pics, though, gotta make a new one and post pics.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
commandochristian
+293|6412|Michigan, USA

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I made an ejaculating penis

No pics, though, gotta make a new one and post pics.
Not quite what I expected us [the BF2s community] to make (seeing as how you can make treads with the chain --> make a tank --> BF2, see the correlation?), but okay?

Anyone else made anything awsm? Post pics!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Awesome game, but how do I get that cartoon outline/border around individual blocks? Can't see anything in settings for that. It makes things look so much better. Looks shit without it
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Awesome game, but how do I get that cartoon outline/border around individual blocks? Can't see anything in settings for that. It makes things look so much better. Looks shit without it
"Enable shaders"

Also: A suspension car. Was hard as fuck to get right.

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/suspensioncar.png

First pic is stationary, last one is in reverse.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
commandochristian
+293|6412|Michigan, USA

Sweet, nice car! +1 for your creativeness
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6132|Carnoustie, Scotland
*watches youtube vid* DO FUCKING WANT!!!!!111oneeleven

EDIT: How do I get the ground?

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-03-08 15:15:08)

SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6313|Netherlands
Almost like Ageia Physx Demo, looks pretty cool

Last edited by SamFisher199 (2008-03-08 15:23:11)

commandochristian
+293|6412|Michigan, USA

Funky_Finny wrote:

*watches youtube vid* DO FUCKING WANT!!!!!111oneeleven

EDIT: How do I get the ground?
a.) Download link is in the OP

b.) I take it you don't have a "bottom" to the level? You could either open up an existing level that has one, or create one yourself using the plane tool, and try to make it horizontal I guess.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard