Poll

Should Moderate Muslims Speak Out Reagrdless of the Consequences?

Yes, otherwise they are supporting the Extremists71%71% - 37
I can't blame them if they don't speak out28%28% - 15
Total: 52
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
In a recent poll only 20% of bf2s.com members answered they would speak out against a criminal organization regardless of the consequences.  Radical Muslims can be considered members of a criminal organization.   Should moderate Muslims speak out, even when the extremists are nutjobs who don't value other people's lives?  Would you speak out?

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-02-21 10:32:09)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

1.5 billion moderates versus and handful of radicals.  No excuses.

And a poll on bf2s is not even close to accurate.  Not by a long run.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon
are u kidding?  they cannot be considered part of a criminal organization.  thats like saying everyone who didnt speak out against the catholic priests is a pedophile. null vote
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

Without a leader that means nothing.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

sergeriver wrote:

No leader out of 1.5 bil eh?  I call bullshit.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

steelie34 wrote:

are u kidding?  they cannot be considered part of a criminal organization.  thats like saying everyone who didnt speak out against the catholic priests is a pedophile. null vote
Read again, Radical Muslims.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Name one leader strong enough to fight the extremists.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

sergeriver wrote:

Yes because I follow them around.....

There is always a leader.  Maybe your 1.5 bil is a bit........off.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Tell me again why I spent a year in Afghan?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY

sergeriver wrote:

Allah
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Yes because I follow them around.....

There is always a leader.  Maybe your 1.5 bil is a bit........off.
Strong enough?  There insn't one.  Extremists are deluded, they blow themselves with C4.  What can you expect?  The moderate ones have family and friends too.  Would you risk your family?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

sergeriver wrote:

The moderate ones have family and friends too.  Would you risk your family?
Well until moderates truly speak out, how do we know who is moderate?
steelie34
pub hero!

sergeriver wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Read again, Radical Muslims.
unless the moderates had knowledge of criminal activity, i really don't think they can.  i mean, what do they speak out about?  say they are against violence?  i think they already do that, only the extremists are the ones using violence.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

They need to have their families protected first if they are in danger. Any reasonable person can understand that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

The moderate ones have family and friends too.  Would you risk your family?
Well until moderates truly speak out, how do we know who is moderate?
Good question.  Maybe you should ask the intelligence agencies all around the world.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Inb4Lowing   

Anyway, When a christian nut goes crazy and kills his wife, or goes crazy, other christians don't speak up, there is no need to.  While Muslims are associated with controversy,  it's not thier fault, not thier problem.  They can if they want to, and that'sa good thing, but should never feel obligated.

The problem is, is associating Muslims with the extremists in the first place.  They are just totally seperate type of people, with the same god, basically.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Kmarion wrote:

They need to have their families protected first if they are in danger. Any reasonable person can understand that.
So muslims in the US cannot march and speak out against radicals due to fear?  Come on.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

So muslims in the US cannot march and speak out against radicals due to fear?  Come on.
How many Muslims are there in the US?  Maybe those living there can.  But what about the Palestinians, the Lebaneses, the Iraqis and all the Muslims living in Muslim countries?  Can those?

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-02-21 10:29:41)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

sergeriver wrote:

How many Muslims are there in the US?  Maybe those living there can.  But what about the Palestinians, the Lebaneses, the Iraqis and all the Muslims living in Muslim countries?  Can those?
You said they need a leader right?  Well maybe if they saw US muslims protesting against radicals on al jazeera, it would inspire them to do the same.  It would inspire a leader to step up.  But I do not think that will happen because I think there is more support for radicals then you tend to believe.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

You said they need a leader right?  Well maybe if they saw US muslims protesting against radicals on al jazeera, it would inspire them to do the same.  It would inspire a leader to step up.  But I do not think that will happen because I think there is more support for radicals then you tend to believe.
It's not support IMO, it's fear dude.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6831|Grapevine, TX
Seriously, serge. I know you get your own sense of satisfaction from your polls. Great. I have no problem with that, at all. I usually don't contribute, because the are leading questions, hypothetical and are "generally" so far from reality its pointless-- for me personally, simply my opinion. Fair enough?

My question is, why do you make them so you are either on your side or against you? Why not make your polls unbiased, with the choices you give the members of bf2s.com?
steelie34
pub hero!

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

It's not support IMO, it's fear dude.
i bet it's because they don't care

cmon lets go protest!
http://ctlibrary.com/ct/2004/mayweb-only/5-3-32.0.html

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-02-21 10:36:26)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Seriously, serge. I know you get your own sense of satisfaction from your polls. Great. I have no problem with that, at all. I usually don't contribute, because the are leading questions, hypothetical and are "generally" so far from reality its pointless-- for me personally, simply my opinion. Fair enough?

My question is, why do you make them so you are either on your side or against you? Why not make your polls unbiased, with the choices you give the members of bf2s.com?
I respect your views dude.  Nevertheless, I made the first one totally unbiased, and this one has two clear options, yes or no.  Pretty clear if you ask me.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

usmarine wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

"if they are in danger"
Xbone Stormsurgezz
IRONCHEF
+385|6493|Northern California

usmarine wrote:

If I wasn't in a situation where my life was threatened, and I didn't have a wife and kids who could be tortured, raped and killed, and if I was an ignorant slob, I too would talk shit like you, but I don't.

Be realistic, just once.  Try actually thinking of other people, just once.  Imagine YOU are Habib, and you and your little pregnant wife are living as best you can without steady income or electricity in Kabul.  You have just been threatened by the Al Quaeda group that has moved into your neighborhood and told you must not rat them out as they go about bomb making and kidnapping journalists.  Do you:

a) Rat them out, the hell with the consequences because hey, usmarine back in Ohio, USA said you have no excuse?

b) Face reality that hey, this is America's war, I'd rather move or keep quiet until they're gone.

Honestly, think about it and get back to me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard