IRONCHEF
+385|6460|Northern California
The lame of lame ducks.  The butcher of Baghdad.  The decider of destruction.  The "goddamned piece of paper" constitution wrecker.  The stupor of thought "war president."

What my big question is...who the HELL are these 19% surveyed saying he's doing a "heckuva job?!?!?"  (actually, 18% of registered voters approve, so it's not really 19%)

http://americanresearchgroup.com/economy/   <--  And I'm curious if there's still any apologists here still?  I wonder if any of those who threatened the Dixie Chicks are still feelin' the love towards the shrub.  I wonder if Obama's apparent lack of experience matters in the slightest?  Gary Coleman could do better "What you talkin' about Putin?"

Sad time to be American.  Endless war, shredded constitution, soaring fuel prices, joblessness, economy dying (and rebates are coming..), 47 million without healthcare, dollar becoming worthless, few actual friends internationally, bad reputation internationally, endless thousands of new recruits for the various terror groups..all pointed at us, zero accountability, worthless congress and senate, military in shambles, thousands upon thousands of homes wrecked because of war (on both sides), deeper, nastier political division,...failure at just about every promise Bush made, and oh yeah....Osama bin Laden has NOT been smoked out of his hole, has not been brought to justice, and he continues to thrive and gain popularity....even if he's dead.

Anything good happening with you?

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-21 09:40:23)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
its not all bad.  the US is pretty damn charitable to the rest of the world, especially with food exports to africa.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
IRONCHEF

steelie34 wrote:

its not all bad.  the US is pretty damn charitable to the rest of the world, especially with food exports to africa.
True.  The American people, with all our faults, are still a good, generous, giving people.  We give to 12 million visitors daily when we pay taxes, we run a couple of the biggest charity groups in the world.  Our people respond independently to world disasters and laugh at the petty aid given from our leaders.  Proportionatly, we don't give as much as others, but in total, we give the most.

We're just becoming the countries we've looked down on for so long..we've got the level of corruption in our leadership that once was our headlines as we self-righteously read our papers disgusted at political manipulation in 3rd world countries..thieving presidents and governors, etc.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX

IRONCHEF wrote:

The lame of lame ducks.  The butcher of Baghdad.  The decider of destruction.  The "goddamned piece of paper" constitution wrecker.  The stupor of thought [/url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ufcSskWteiI&feature=related]"war president."[/url]

What my big question is...who the HELL are these 19% surveyed saying he's doing a "heckuva job?!?!?"  (actually, 18% of registered voters approve, so it's not really 19%)

http://americanresearchgroup.com/economy/   <--  And I'm curious if there's still any apologists here still?  I wonder if any of those who threatened the Dixie Chicks are still feelin' the love towards the shrub.  I wonder if Obama's apparent lack of experience matters in the slightest?  Gary Coleman could do better "What you talkin' about Putin?"

Sad time to be American.  Endless war, shredded constitution, soaring fuel prices, joblessness, economy dying (and rebates are coming..), 47 million without healthcare, dollar becoming worthless, few actual friends internationally, bad reputation internationally, endless thousands of new recruits for the various terror groups..all pointed at us, zero accountability, worthless congress and senate, military in shambles, thousands upon thousands of homes wrecked because of war (on both sides), deeper, nastier political division,...failure at just about every promise Bush made, and oh yeah....Osama bin Laden has NOT been smoked out of his hole, has not been brought to justice, and he continues to thrive and gain popularity....even if he's dead.

Sad time for you obviously. Nothing new here so what's your point?
Ohh,  Im great thanks for asking. Polls are for trolls.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6449|Somewhere else

Don't forget a Corperate owned Congress, A widening gap of rich and middle class, the loss of rights as an employee, the loss of rights as a consumer, the loss of rights as a citizen, byast major news (both sides),delusional politicians, all allowed by a country filled with vain, greedy, self centered, narcissistic, ignorant, easily entertained, easily led, fucked up, subserviant, fools.

Well, the majority anyway.

But it honestly doesn't bother me much.  With the way things are going, the day of reckoning is coming, and that right soon.  Life's gonna change here, and it's not gonna be pretty.  I'm ready for it, and look forward to it.  The great purge hopefully will clean out alot of what has gone to shit in this country.

Hopefully, politicians will be exposed, people will find books, people will turn off TVs, Corperate corruption will be prosecuted, people will stand together again and fight against injustice, fashion will no longer be a priority, people will think for themselves.

Hey, I can dream can't I?  Fopr something like that to happen, this wobbly, infected system has to go down, and go down hard for people to know this system just can't be.  Hopefully it will open alot of eyes, and minds.  So, and economic disaster, to me, could be a good thing.
IRONCHEF

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Thanks for stimulating the "Debate and Serious Talk" debate here fag.

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Don't forget a Corperate owned Congress, A widening gap of rich and middle class, the loss of rights as an employee, the loss of rights as a consumer, the loss of rights as a citizen, byast major news (both sides),delusional politicians, all allowed by a country filled with vain, greedy, self centered, narcissistic, ignorant, easily entertained, easily led, fucked up, subserviant, fools.

Well, the majority anyway.

But it honestly doesn't bother me much.  With the way things are going, the day of reckoning is coming, and that right soon.  Life's gonna change here, and it's not gonna be pretty.  I'm ready for it, and look forward to it.  The great purge hopefully will clean out alot of what has gone to shit in this country.

Hopefully, politicians will be exposed, people will find books, people will turn off TVs, Corperate corruption will be prosecuted, people will stand together again and fight against injustice, fashion will no longer be a priority, people will think for themselves.

Hey, I can dream can't I?  Fopr something like that to happen, this wobbly, infected system has to go down, and go down hard for people to know this system just can't be.  Hopefully it will open alot of eyes, and minds.  So, and economic disaster, to me, could be a good thing.
Well, I guess I'm not exactly depressed...more embarassed than sad.  I do have a wonderful, fun, loving family to go home to and that's 90% of what I care about anyway.  THought I'd bring some nice depressing news to the forum since I have been waiting for the day this statistic would happen.  Even with media manipulation, it came.  Amazing!

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-21 09:56:36)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

IRONCHEF wrote:

Meh, bunch of media hype.

I'm not a Bushie, but quite frankly life in the United States is pretty cozy right now.  We don't have the terrorism of the rest of the world, war is not in our backyard, inflation is very low, unemployment is very low, we don't have the gas prices of Europe, we are eating so much that we have an overweight problem ... even our homeless are fat.  We live in HUGE houses and most of the country (sorry California) has relatively cheap energy costs.  Our cars are new, our clothes are dirt cheap, our air is mostly clean (*cough* sorry parts of California) and the biggest "need" in America seems to be how to install a home theater.

So, please ... get some perspective.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
there is one thing i always remember when i think our country is in a dark time.

we have an all volunteer military.  people still believe in freedom and our way of life.  there are always going to be power hungry people in any government, but i really do believe the people have the power in the US.  we have always opened our doors to to anyone coming here.  remember this country was founded on principles that you would be hard pressed to find in most of the world.  people here can burn the US flag on the street, and they are protected by our laws.  try to burn an iranian flag in tehran, and see what happens.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

A little more recent numbers.
Americans feel better about future: Reuters poll

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:55pm EST

MILWAUKEE (Reuters) - Growing confidence in the future and slightly warmer views of President George W. Bush and Congress put Americans in a better mood this month, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.

The Reuters/Zogby Index, which measures the mood of the country, rose sharply to 99.3 in February from last month's 94.2, putting it at the highest level since August.

Approval ratings for Bush climbed to 34 percent from 31 percent last month, and positive ratings for Congress inched up from 14 percent to a still-low 17 percent.

Concerns about personal finances, job security, safety and the direction of the country all eased at least slightly in the last month, brightening the outlook for Americans who had slipped into a funk around the holidays.

There were some dark clouds. For the first time, a majority of Americans, 54 percent, expect a recession in the next year, up from last month's 48 percent, as a housing downturn and credit crunch take their toll.

Despite worries about a recession, the number of Americans who think the country is on the wrong track shrank to a still-high 62 percent, down from 68 percent.

"People are adjusting their expectations. They see a recession coming but they still feel better about their future," pollster John Zogby said.

The mood swing followed a month in which Bush and Congress worked together to approve a package of measures designed to give a short-term boost to the economy, while U.S. deaths from the war in Iraq continued to fade from the headlines.

The intense interest in the U.S. presidential race as voting began across the United States, with compelling races in both political parties capturing public attention, turned the debate from the present, Zogby said.

FOCUS ON FUTURE

"The focus now is on the future. There is going to be a new president and a new Congress and people feel good about that," he said.

Eight of the 10 measures of public opinion used in the Index rose, with one dropping slightly and one staying the same.

The number of Americans who feel very secure in their jobs jumped 7 points in a month, to 50 percent from 43 percent, and the number who gave positive marks to their personal financial situations climbed to 56 percent from 52 percent.

Positive marks for the Bush administration's foreign policy climbed 5 points to 28 percent from 23 percent, but approval ratings for economic policy stayed exactly the same at a low 22 percent.

More Americans feel very safe from foreign threats and more are fairly or very proud of the United States, but the number of Americans confident their children will have a better life fell slightly to 64 percent.

The Index combines responses to 10 questions on Americans' views about their leaders, the direction of the country and their future. Index polling began in July, and that month's results provide the benchmark score of 100.

A score above 100 indicates the public mood has improved since July. A score below 100, like the one this month, shows the mood has soured since July.

The RZI is released on the third Wednesday of each month.

The telephone poll of 1,105 likely voters, taken Wednesday through Saturday, had a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

Because Dubya is leaving the office?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Because Dubya is leaving the office?
Probably. I think numbers go up everytime there is an election (Congress included )
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Smells Like Muff
+6|6078
Wow... some people really need to start thinking for themselves and about the bigger picture...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Democrat Congress is the worst also.  What is your point?
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6496|Milkystania, yurop
Bush is the greatest he should get the nobel peace prize
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX

IRONCHEF wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Thanks for stimulating the "Debate and Serious Talk" debate here fag.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

You are the same guy that only sees what you want to see. Did you even read my reply? Apparently not. Feel free to re-read it if you wish to add any more  pithy comments. Have a great day champ. Hope everything worlks out for you, as its all your country's fault.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6628|WPB, FL. USA
Man you got a bad attitude - eternal pessimist it seems.

When Bush took over we were in a recession ALREADY and then we were attacked - he helped us through it and took the economy to record heights and record low unemployment - remember that!?!?.  The U.S. dollar issue is more global and domestically driven by the greedy who inflated the housing bubble by granting loans to people who were not qualified - there is a correction in place and the greedy are getting it up the ass.  The down side is that they are trying to protect their wealth by cutting back on corp expenses - payroll is the number one most controllable expense.

Here's a few facts that you haven't heard about that put us in some of theses situations you so fearfully and incorrectly point out:
- After Saddam surrendered he violated 17 U.N. resolutions and Greenspan said that with him in power oil prices would hit $150 a barrel.
- Fuel prices are being driven by supply and demand - the ever growing appetite of the Panda (China), shortage of refinery's, etc.
- The endless war is being dragged out by sectarian violence due to outside influences and what we all knew would happen - Al Quida insurgents.
- 47 Million w/o health-care - WHY!  Our system never has allowed for anyone to have free coverage except for the most needy and elderly.  Illegal immigrants are having no problems finding health-care.  The issue is preventive health-care - some chose not spend the money.
- Bad rep and few friends...  Bullshit!  Once everyone got over "America bashing" they seem to be aligning themselves with democracy again.
- Worthless Congress and deeper, nastier political divisions - It's Politics!  Losers always cry and politicians attack others to take their jobs.
- Military in shambles - FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!!  We have never lost a military battle and they are adapting and gaining technology.
- Bin Laden is thriving - are you in the same cave with him and listening to his "Yes" people!  He's in a fucking cave and hidden by tribesman.
- Shredded Constitution - Bullshit!  The Constitution was drafted in response to us separating from a government across an ocean and to achieve self governance - not while being attacked from terrorist!  The Constitution grants special powers so people in charge can defend the country.  Agree with it or not - you're not in that position!  Your negative ass or anyone else's has not been attacked on our soil since 9/11 - keep whining.
- You and the Dixie Chicks are part of the problem and not the solution - read this again since you seem to miss important and factual things "UNITED WE STAND".  The Dixie Chicks have a right and a privilege to speak out against anything they want - however, It should have never been done at a concert venue (were people paid money) and more importantly in a foreign country - that was pandering to pacifist!
- Failures on every promise Bush made - how uninformed are you!  There has been numerous promises kept and, sadly to say, because of the political fallout of the Dem's losing twice there has been nothing but friction for political gain on the others - everyone owns that one my friend.

Stupid me - I just noticed your location and your sources

Things are great with me and in knowing the facts and putting things in perspective.  I think we'll be fine with your support and help.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

- Military in shambles - FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!!  We have never lost a military battle and they are adapting and gaining technology.
First off - lol @ a bush supporter and roid rage

Second, um...ever hear of Vietnam? And the Air Force has already complained that they are losing their grasp of superiority in the skies. Only a matter of time before the other branches start doing the same.
OrangeHound

Poseidon wrote:

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

Second, um...ever hear of Vietnam? And the Air Force has already complained that they are losing their grasp of superiority in the skies. Only a matter of time before the other branches start doing the same.
I think he was referring to the battles in Iraq ... not wars.

And the AF is just saying that because they want more money.  Happens all the time here in Washington.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

OrangeHound wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

And the AF is just saying that because they want more money.  Happens all the time here in Washington.
Even if, we're not exactly "succeeding" in Iraq. When they can stop finding dead bodies strewn across the country and IEDs stop going off, I'll say we're "succeeding".

How do you know that? It's already hard for them to build more F-22's because of money issues.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-02-21 10:58:56)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Poseidon wrote:

Even if, we're not exactly "succeeding" in Iraq. When they can stop finding dead bodies strewn across the country and IEDs stop going off, I'll say we're "succeeding".
Yes we are.  You want the end result right now, and that takes time.  So you just going to pout and shit on it until you get the results you want?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yes we are.  You want the end result right now, and that takes time.  So you just going to pout and shit on it until you get the results you want?
Who doesn't want the end result now? After 4+ years, I think we all do.

And the fact that our soldiers are still being killed after 4+ years almost every day leads me to believe we're not succeeding. Doing better? Sure. Succeeding? Hell no.
OrangeHound

Poseidon wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Actually, we are doing so well in Iraq, that it is no longer the #1 issue in the Presidential campaign.  You see, we Americans are content with a certain level of violence ... now that Baghdad's violence rate is in the neighborhood of New York, Detroit, and Washington, then we think that there is peace.  (It is all relative.)

Poseidon wrote:

How do you know that? It's already hard for them to build more F-22's because of money issues.
Because I've worked and lived around the US Military's political infrastructure for 20 years.  It is a common political maneuver.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

And the fact that our soldiers are still being killed after 4+ years almost every day leads me to believe we're not succeeding. Doing better? Sure. Succeeding? Hell no.
You can't stop civilians from blowing themselves up dude.  That still does not deflect from the results.....as much as you try and do it.
Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6645|Belgium

IRONCHEF wrote:

I used to wonder how it was possible such a joke for a president could be elected not once but even twice.

I stopped to wonder after reading posts from his supporters on this forum.

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

When Bush took over we were in a recession ALREADY
In 2001? I did not know that. Link?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine wrote:

You can't stop civilians from blowing themselves up dude.  That still does not deflect from the results.....as much as you try and do it.
Fair enough.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard