Poll

Would you support an independent California?

Yes32%32% - 51
No67%67% - 104
Total: 155
FallenMorgan
+53|5920|Glendale, CA
Kosovo seceded from Serbia a couple days ago and there aint no violence...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

California as it is now if it was a clean cut and everything remained the same could survive very well independandtly. The GDP of California alone is many times more than my entire country and we get on well enough.

However things wouldn't remain the same. The United States would not cooperate with a new independant California as the United States suffers from all that money they don't get and would be, for want of a better term, completely pissed off. Buisinesses would move themselves back to the United States because and succession would be very harmful to them and California would have to be largely self-sufficient to make sure it's people have the same standard of living - which they would not. California is by no means self-sufficient, sure it's GDP looks good on paper, but that's largely due to the exorbitant film industry, and god knows how that would react to an independant California.

Maybe politically you're pissed off enough with the United States as a whole to think that California could do a better job by itself, but economically it would be a disaster. In the end even the supposed superior politics would most likely go down the toilet to deal with the economic disaster and you'd be far worse off.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6835|Grapevine, TX

usmarine wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

California has nothing in common with any other state west of the Mississipi.
what?
Answer the question first please and then explain what  California does have in common with the states East of the Mississippi.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Id rather have southern california seperated from northern california
We need the water and produce.  California could probably actually function as its own entity if you disregard the security aspects (national borders and sovereignty), but it just isn't the best option.  We benefit from being a part of a powerful union.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6525|Montucky

IRONCHEF wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

California is a joke.  First of all, we're largely already on our own, and we are floundering financially.  Mexico has a better chance at retaking this state more than we'd have a chance at secession.  I'd quickly move to Montana if CA tried some stupid chit like secession from the nation.
No God Damn It.

I'm absolutely fucking tired you of goddamn Californians coming to my state, Try Idaho or Wyoming.

I Kid.
I know you're kidding, but this is a fun topic in itself.  All those states bordering CA always talk that chit about Californians coming and invading their small towns..yet they forget that over the last few decades, they all came to CA trying to strike it rich, or get into film, or do live like they think Californians live like (a.k.a "Utah 24/7)..then when they realize it's actual work, or they can't suddenly double their income like they thought, they quickly retreat back to their podunk town and then wait for other Californian's to come and "spoil" their little shangrila so they can pretend they want the sanctity of their small town to remain "small."  I can't WAIT to invade some little podunk town in Montana (Hamilton to be precise).  Speaking of Montana (Hamilton), Charles Schwab has a get away there and put in his own airport and people have been bitter ever since...now that air strip will be made larger to accept parcel flights as well as the rich scabby people landing there...and that's made the locals more happy now.
Ugh.. Hamilton..

Its all Private Property.  No hunting No fishing.  Them bastards invade my territory during these seasons, then they piss off the local land owners who in turn close of access to their property because these bastards from Hamilton drive everywhere they should, cut fences, kill three or ten deer and leave garbage everywhere (yes its a typical generalization but 9/10 times its true).
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Id rather have southern california seperated from northern california
We need the water and produce.  California could probably actually function as its own entity if you disregard the security aspects (national borders and sovereignty), but it just isn't the best option.  We benefit from being a part of a powerful union.
we could invade arizona and take lake mead.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

FallenMorgan wrote:

if it got to the point if california held an election and secession won, I would just move.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

FallenMorgan wrote:

ya...go back a few years there son.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

usmarine wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

ya...go back a few years there son.
wasnt born yet.
Smells Like Muff
+6|6115

FallenMorgan wrote:

I'm 16 and I'm a senior in high school.  I homeschool and might go to college within the next year or so perhaps.  No I've never had a full-time job or anything.
After a few years of learning and maturing you will come to realize how some of the world works.  You have hardly put any backing thoughts into this idea nor any possible repercussions that may occur.  But if you came up with this on your own (which I don't think happened) then cudos for getting this far.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6186

Smells Like Muff wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

I'm 16 and I'm a senior in high school.  I homeschool and might go to college within the next year or so perhaps.  No I've never had a full-time job or anything.
After a few years of learning and maturing you will come to realize how some of the world works.  You have hardly put any backing thoughts into this idea nor any possible repercussions that may occur.  But if you came up with this on your own (which I don't think happened) then cudos for getting this far.
He is young, home schooled and obviously influenced by very liberal parents. I am sure that he gets most of his info either through his parents or through the internet. His "utopian" idea is pretty funny and when you read the original post you can see that it is basically blaming all his problems on Republicans. His history of government corruption stops 8 years ago. It is obvious his parents are democrat and to them the sky is falling.
FallenMorgan
+53|5920|Glendale, CA

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Smells Like Muff wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

He is young, home schooled and obviously influenced by very liberal parents. I am sure that he gets most of his info either through his parents or through the internet. His "utopian" idea is pretty funny and when you read the original post you can see that it is basically blaming all his problems on Republicans. His history of government corruption stops 8 years ago. It is obvious his parents are democrat and to them the sky is falling.
Your theory is pure bullshit.  My father is a conservative mildly and my mother is politically ambiguous.  I got most of my ideas from internet and tv and whatnot.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

FallenMorgan wrote:

I got most of my ideas from internet and tv and whatnot.
youre not helping your argument here.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6186

FallenMorgan wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Smells Like Muff wrote:

Your theory is pure bullshit.  My father is a conservative mildly and my mother is politically ambiguous.  I got most of my ideas from internet and tv and whatnot.
How was it "pure" bullshit.....as I said.... "I am sure that he gets most of his info either through his parents OR through the internet". You just admitted exactly what I said and you also are poisoned by watching too many liberal channels/ websites because your whole original rant was basically about how corrupt the government is for the last 8 years, basically believing that only Republicans are corrupt. Seriously, you really need to grow up and open your eyes to EVERYTHING around you. Joining a cause such as you say you have based on internet info and obscure rants against Republicans is ridiculous and if anything here is "bullshit" its your original post.

Corruption is much deeper than Republicans or Democrats and if you want real change in this country or even your state, you need to realize that change will only come when people take their government back. When and how it may happen....who knows... but blaming Republicans and joining a "cause" as you claim at your age isn't going to get you anywhere and definitely will not stop corruption.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
No, it would mean abandoning it to Mexico.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

youre not helping your argument here.
youtube
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

FallenMorgan wrote:

"NATO peacekeepers Tuesday sealed two Kosovo border crossings with Serbia for 24 hours after they were torched by angry Serbs as international tensions simmered over Kosovo's independence."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080219/ts … vopolitics

I know you are fairly naive, but open your eyes for a change.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6766|San Antonio, Texas

usmarine wrote:

FallenMorgan wrote:

"NATO peacekeepers Tuesday sealed two Kosovo border crossings with Serbia for 24 hours after they were torched by angry Serbs as international tensions simmered over Kosovo's independence."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080219/ts … vopolitics

I know you are fairly naive, but open your eyes for a change.
The republicans sent the Serbs to attack Kosovo... Duh. 
13rin
+977|6486
It would be funny to watch California go "independant".. They'd be a third world country within hours -because Mexico would take over.  Kidding!  But no, Mexico really would take over.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6445|King Of The Islands

Alaska can come too?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6712
Why the hell would we want to leave the US?  Sure, America is not perfect, but it is a lot better than you seem to realise.
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6712

FallenMorgan wrote:

Exactly.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5962|Minnesota
just hope your little island of california doesn't get in a war with the U.S.
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6712

clogar wrote:

just hope your little island of california doesn't get in a war with the U.S.
Can this thread get any more stupid?  https://www.cugy.net/forums/images/smilies/shifty.gif
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6169|Houston, Texas
Only Texas can legally secede. So unless you plan to make war id suggest youd find something better to do with you time, like try to be a 4-star in this damn game the legit way

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard