Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6148|San Antonio, Texas

pj666 wrote:

There is a BF3 wishlist thread. it is called the 1.5 patch wishlist.

See http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61132

A lot of what is raised there is valid for BF3. Except changes can be more fundamental with a totally new game.

From what I hear, destructible environment will be part of it.

The training idea is a good one.

The main complaint seems to be hit boxes.

Rumour is BF3 will require Vista to play, which blows big time. That OS chews memory even before you use a hungry game like BF.
But people wouldn't want what they want from BF3 in the 1.5 patch. BF3 is a fresh start, 1.5 patch is trying to save an aging, but still great, game.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2008-02-19 19:51:40)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

1) The ability to take over and fire from cover (ala GRAW)
2) Better hitregs all around
3) more urban maps that are infantry based but still have vehicles
4) More open air maps that dont suck
5) The ability to rappel from helis instead of parachuting
6) Armed heli transports
7) Snipers take one shot one kill-In real life snipers are not one shot kill only, it depends where you aim
8) Custom Characters-Be realistic guys, if you want to choose the way your guy looks, talk about loading after loading after loading the level, and after loading, lagging after lagging after lagging
9) helis on urban maps (can not stress that one enough)
10) few to no bugs or glitches
11) The ability to shoot through walls ( ala CoD4)
12) grenades and knife being a seperate button instead of having to switch to them to use them
13) better smoke grenades (wider area of cover plus thicker smoke detials)
14) Weak points on tanks (not this two hit shit on its rear engine)
15) If you htia tanks tread it should become immobile-If you want that you better hope there will be destructible environments
16) Better VOIP system (the one in BF2 sucked)

Thats all i can think of for my grip/want list

SgtHeihn wrote:

-Better balance on weapons
-Customizable weapons
-a real fucking Aircraft Carrier.-In case people have forgotten, that aircraft carrier in bf2 is a marine carrier and the only carrier used in the marine corps
-Amtracks not rubber boats on invasion maps-Only the marine carrier is the only aircraft carrier that carries those but yeah agreed
-choppers that don't move like old people screw

Oh the biggest thing

LISTEN TO THE GODDAMN PEOPLE PLAYING THE GAME!!

daffytag wrote:

Customizable characters. Appearance, voice, etc..... (Why cant my assault where a guile suit?)-Because snipers are the only ones that use the guile suit, while regular infantry grab twigs and such from the battlefield if they need to really blend in to the environment

DrunkFace wrote:

Controllable Ships (aircraft carriers, missile cruisers etc)How about having the commander choosing where he wants the fleet to go just like in titan mode, because back in bf1942 I hated noobs driving the aircraft carrier, they ended up parking the carrier out of the battlefield and so as soon as you take off you are out of the battlefield then you die because of the time thing- Join Spec ops and Sniper classes and choose between a sniper rifle or scoped silence carbine.-Don't like that idea
- Create a more involved commander job with a command kit which has just 1 basic gun ie. machine pistol.-Not a bad idea but how about forgetting the command kit and instead have a command post that a player can just enter and he does the commandinh untill he decides to exit or if he is mutinied

Tesla07 wrote:

flamethrowers for support class-They don't use flamethrowers in the military anymore

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I HAVE SOME FUCKING SWEET IDEAS:

A system (like joining a squad, in order) for RESERVING your seat in aircraft.  But, if you leave a certain ring of that aircraft you lose your place in line.  Only the first person in line can enter the aircraft, and the "squad" can only hold a certain set of people, so the whole team doesn't sit around waiting.That is not such a good idea

and... TRAINING!!!!  You can only unlock certain thing AFTER you have properly PASSED training...like AIRCRAFT! NO MORE NOOBS CRASHING TRANSPORT CHOPPERS!!!!  NO MORE NOOBS stealing planes to crash them at the end of a runway.  Training for use of AA missiles.  TANK training.  COMMANDER TRAINING.  The training should be extensive, not some lame ass tutorial.  Awards for Training Achievements.

Unlockable Kit Features (2142 shock paddles was LAME) Like Spec Ops training to use C4, sniper rifles, Etc. after training.

(able to play without training, just wont be able to use certainthings.)

Commander available to uper ranks only,  can only command after certain Rank (makes sense really)

SQUAD LEADER POINTS.  Make it worthwhile for squad leaders to stay outside the main fight, and act as a mobile spawn point, actual team leader.
In real life squad leaders fight alongside his squad
Health punishment for being in an enemy uncap (Server OPTIONAL)

5 minute IDLE kick (MANDATORY)

BETTER ANTI-HACKING FEATURES! (Good Luck EA smile  )

Drexel wrote:

There's some good ideas in this thread, and some really terrible ones.

What I'd like to see is the Airfields on both teams to be set a few miles away from the main combat area.  I'd like to see planes have 10 or so bombs that have a 30 second reload per 2 (meaning, you drop 2, wait 30 seconds for the next) and 24 missiles with a 20 second reload for the 6.  I'd also love to see planes having to land to re-arm/repair.  Have a random immoble APC sitting near the base so infantry can hop in to "transport" (respawn) at a different flag without dieing.  Make the space between the airfield and main battleground "out of bounds" so only aircraft can reach the airfield.-the waiting for the planes bombs and missiles reload is stupid, and also fighters have limits of carrying capacity you know, average fighters carry 4-6 air-to-air missiles, not even 12 has ever been exceeded and it would be stupid to have that many missiles anyway talk about noob almighty

I love the Idea of training, sorta like AA did.  disallow every vehicle/kit until passed the training (could possibly give the basic badge for finishing training)

Give the .50 Cals for every vehicle 50 rounds before they need a reload.  None of this overheat stuff.-It is realistic for machine guns to overheat, and also the .50 cals carry way more than 50 rounds

Make repairing a vehicle take at least twice as long giving repair points out twice as fast.  (Me being an AT guy, nothing makes me angrier than 3 tanks repairing each other faster than my friend and I can kill them)  Give vehicle number hitpoints instead of a percentage.  A car could have 6 hitpoints where a tank would have 20.  Give repair points for the number of hitpoints repaired instead of percentages.-Not sure about the hitpoints thing, but the repairing time is a not bad idea

Heal and resupply should only be hand-held.  No dropping 5 bags over there and sitting on them.  There should be health and ammo crates randomly placed on the map like they were in '42.

Make vehicle spawn times 15 seconds for every vehicle.  Give choppers and planes 4-5 flairs without any reload time, but force them to resupply to get more.  Force Friendly fire to hit the jet instead of the pilot.  Track out-of-bounds by the pilot (meaning, if the pilot is out of bounds, the gunner is.  If the pilot is in-bounds, the gunner is.)-Spawn time is too short

I got so much more that I can say.  I just hope the BF3 developers don't suddenly think of putting BF2's favorite map in their first few patches because it was loved so much there.  If you are going to make additional maps, make sure they are balanced for the game you are putting them into, not the one they came from.
What the heck is wrong with you people, talk about ridiculous ideas(though some that I put in the list are not bad ideas).
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

Freke1 wrote:

1. some blood (and guts).
2. a little more realism = more damage when hit + no bunny.
3. MTBS3D approved.
4. The team who coded BF2 should also code BF3.
5. the bullet cracks from Project Reality.
6. no vehicle drop.
What is so special about gore? It disgusts me. And also, Battlefield games are supposed to be rated T, not M

Tesla07 wrote:

if your gonna put a 50 cal rifle in the game make it realistic, i want people to evaporate when i shoot them...lol
customizable weapons (crysis)
You are talking of lasers

Last edited by War Man (2008-02-21 18:43:25)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6435
Essentially, I want more of what's in BF2.

I want them to keep bunny hopping, sprint jumping, insta-accuracy prone, legs going through walls and all the other subtleties that made BF2 that little bit easier to play.

There are a few things I would specifically want though.

Auto-update system/full Steam support. (Never going to happen with EA and their DLM but oh well).
More customisable engine with a more open ended console (easier to mod/mess around in singleplayer).
A proper news tab and page, not just a pop-up which is changed every six months.
The menu interface/server browser to be coded in C++ rather than an unresponsive flash interface.
Complete overhaul of the server browser and addition of many features (auto-join when slot free, proper server history, context menu).
Have the guys who make the game, make the patches, no one else.
Report bug/player/server option with screenshot option like Valve MP games.
More unlockable weapons, not equipment.

The last thing I'd want for this game is to be made more realistic or to be rushed.
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6735|DUTCH snap ik!
less nade spam less buggy patches uh lesser waiting time during loading screen!!! ( untilizing crap! ) and lesser desktop crashes pls
and indeed maybe some blood that would be nice its a real WW game so where is the blood ^^
and i hope they keep the rest as gameplay etc. would be nice

Last edited by ThePriest1750 (2008-02-20 06:18:02)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
I want maps to be set up right.

For example, has anyone noticed in B2 how some Static AA defenses or AT defenses are placed like, right next to a wall or somewhere crap? I want to see maps made for some amazing battles.

Daqing Oilfields has it. The middle flag is GREAT to defend against enemies, it just could do with a couple of TOW's.

And for God's sake NO shooting through walls like CoD4.

That sucks SO much.

I like it how it is in BF2, only certain things can be shot through.

Last edited by FFLink13 (2008-02-20 06:57:37)

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6412|Belgium

FFLink13 wrote:

Daqing Oilfields has it. The middle flag is GREAT to defend against enemies, it just could do with a couple of TOW's.
It's also great to shell/bomb the crap out of it.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

It's also great to shell/bomb the crap out of it.
But it has cover.
TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|5988|Mountain Dew
Singleplayer more EPIC
Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine

TehTacoKing wrote:

Singleplayer more EPIC
We dont need a singleplayer for Battlefield.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

Longbow wrote:

TehTacoKing wrote:

Singleplayer more EPIC
We dont need a singleplayer for Battlefield.
You and me don't need it but nibs need to train first!
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6381|the land of bourbon
i still think adding AI bots to the multiplayer would add an interesting dimension to the game.  imagine plowing through row after row of enemy AI, but every once in a while a real person pops-up... all servers would be full, you would score way more points, and your team would always try to cap flags and play together.  im sure you can all think of all the drawbacks and negative impact, but just try to imagine it first... it would be
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine

steelie34 wrote:

it would be
It wouldn't.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6435

steelie34 wrote:

i still think adding AI bots to the multiplayer would add an interesting dimension to the game.  imagine plowing through row after row of enemy AI, but every once in a while a real person pops-up... all servers would be full, you would score way more points, and your team would always try to cap flags and play together.  im sure you can all think of all the drawbacks and negative impact, but just try to imagine it first... it would be
We have that already, it's called co-op.
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|5999
I really wouldn't give a shit, its just a game and bitching and moaning will get no one anywhere. Just adapt to it and I'm sure everyone that will play it, well sure and hell enjoy it after a couple of rounds. The players that bitch and moan, are in fact, the noobs of the game and they are trying to make it better for them, so it would be easier for them to play it. Which is a complete joke, but hey, noobs make the game fun and enjoyable, because they are easy kills and fun to laugh at. I wouldnt mind seeing what BF3 has to offer, im sure the Cryengine 2 Technology will be somewhat in there, hopefully, but time will tell.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6722|SPARTA
i just want the same game as bf2 with better graphics. maybe customisable kits, a hybrid between cod4 and bf2142. more ranks and more gadgets to unlock and awards to achieve. but the ranks should be as hard to achieve as in bf2. it sucks in cod4 that everybody is 5star in one day!!!!
Rorscarch
+4|6106|Maidenhead, England
1 destuctible environments
2 naval warfare!!! 1942 was great
3 helis on urba maps
4 more unlocks like 2142, gives u alot more option to play to your style
5 better compatibility with vista (should happen anyway being a new game) as 2142 works perfectly on 32bit vista but 2 is so unplayable now i have given up
6 the british army, being one of the most active in the world, should be playable as a stand-alone side like the USMC rather than being merged with europe

Last edited by Rorscarch (2008-02-20 08:34:52)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6638|Montreal, Qc, Canada
I just wish it will be an improved BF2.
zeidmaan
+234|6414|Vienna

- Assault Lines is a must. One thing that makes BF2 big maps crap is that you have only 20ish players per side to defend 8 flags for example. Thats impossible. What always happens is that the "defending" team spawns on the closest flags to the enemy, but the enemy just skips the first flags and take those in the back. Than the driving around flag hopping gayness ensues, and every flag on the map changes ownership 20 times in a round.
- Small RTS element like in PR. Possibility of placing few stuff around the map that change the dynamics of the round every time you play the map. Either spawnable points for the team or AA/AT guns, repair stations and stuff like that.
- Increased damage to rifles. No more nonsense of needing 5 bullets to kill someone.
- As someone mentioned, some kind of QUE for vehicles is a must. Worst thing ever is half of the team TKing each other to try to take the jet/tank.
- No insta healing or resupplying. 
- Something similar to squad leader beacon from 2142 or rally point from PR. It also changes the gameplay of the map every round and it makes use of the map area between flags that is rarely fought over in BF2.

and much much more...
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5935

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

1) The ability to take over and fire from cover (ala GRAW)
2) Better hitregs all around
3) more urban maps that are infantry based but still have vehicles
4) More open air maps that dont suck
5) The ability to rappel from helis instead of parachuting
6) Armed heli transports
7) Snipers take one shot one kill
8) Custom Characters
9) helis on urban maps (can not stress that one enough)
10) few to no bugs or glitches
11) The ability to shoot through walls ( ala CoD4)
12) grenades and knife being a seperate button instead of having to switch to them to use them
13) better smoke grenades (wider area of cover plus thicker smoke detials)
14) Weak points on tanks (not this two hit shit on its rear engine)
15) If you htia tanks tread it should become immobile
16) Better VOIP system (the one in BF2 sucked)

Thats all i can think of for my grip/want list
1) ever tried project reality?
2)ever tried project reality?
3) ever tried project reality?
4) ever triend project reality? get an F-16 in Kashan Desert.
5) oh well u can't rappel but u cant parachute either, another point for PR
6) i don't get it black hawks have miniguns, anyway if u wanna, grab a littlebird
7) ever tried the M82? or the M40? and why only snipers? if you get hit straight in the chest by an AR you start bleeding to death, eventually dying, if you aren't treated that is
8) bah... it aint such a big deal... its an fps, you can't even see yourself.
9) go play project reality, helis are present in ALL 64 p urban maps
10) never seen any in PR
11) oh well, that'd be cool, but think about the hackers... some can already SEE trough walls, imagine shooting throuh them...
12) customise your keys... n00b...
13) yes, in project reality smoke nades are waay useful, and give exellent cover
14) no idea, i try to avoid tanks, i prefer not to piss'em off. anyways in PR tanks do get disabled when they suffer damage: either they can't move, or they can't use the turret.
15) look @ 14
16) yep, thats needed. i never managed to fix VOIP...

anyways, u wanna try something new? something better? more exiting? project reality is what your looking for.
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5935
jeez i can't believe this... most of the things you say are present in project reality... blood (you can see it spurting out when u hit someone, instead of that n00b dust cloud), longer vehicle respawn time, more vehicles, less n00bishness, more teamwork, huge BALANCED maps (most of em, the best ones anyways), more kits/weapons... you can even BUILD BUNKERS AND SANDBAGS not to mention razorwire and ANTI AIRCRAFT GUNS... guys, go and download it and tell me what you think, cuz PR isn't just a Bf2 mod, its a whole new game with the same engine. i've stopped playing bf2, and i have to say, when i got my first kill in PR 0.7 it felt pretty much like my first time in BF2.

oh one more thing, you have all forgotten one thing: the sounds. ever noticed the noise an LA85 makes when fired? a beetle could shout louder. not to mention the mp5... a compressed air toy pistol is like a nuclear explosion compared to it... now i think you should all go hear the fucking BOOM the Project Reality  M16A4 ACOG does... and the tanks? if a tank fires its main in the middle of the desert you hear the shot echo for kilometers around, and if you're close enough you see a cloud of sand lifiting up from in front of it. project reality IS battlefield 3. you be judges, you try it out.

(not recommended for all those that like to have to shoot 5 times someone before getting the kill, nor for those who like to be revived after a 7,62 mm FMJ has just gone through their head)

besides, the fact that you can't cap flags all alone, that respawn times are longer (also depending on the number of tk's points etc...) that it's way easier to die, and that you don't wanna be alone if you meet an enemy APC, makes teamwork absolutely necessary. you won't see any nubs running forward all alone capping all the flags 1 by 1 while the teams just spam nades at each other...)
and yes, some minor buildings in certain maps go BOOM and fall to pieces if you blow em up with C4 or timer detonated mines.

here's a few cool screenshots:

this guy's gonna get it.
https://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd107/ViperVenom16/project%20reality/screen154.png
he got it.
https://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd107/ViperVenom16/project%20reality/screen155.png

this guy just sucked
https://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd107/ViperVenom16/project%20reality/screen115.png

and here's the BF2 PR F-16
https://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd107/ViperVenom16/project%20reality/screen181.png
graphics are on lowest, as usual

Last edited by MirindoR (2008-02-20 09:27:27)

Dont_Shoot
Capitus
+2|5940|Never Prone

cablecopulate wrote:

Just an updated graphics engine with better hit recognition. Glitch free. The game is everything I ever wanted to play in a game, it could just use a small fixing.
Couldnet agree more
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

For everyone saying updated graphics, think about just how good they actually are now for a game thats 3years old. I think they are fantastic especially when you consider the shear size of the maps. You cant compare it to CSS as the engine is different and the maps are less than 1/4 of the size = less load = option of better textures. If anybody has any mapping experience, you will understand.

Fat_Swinub wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

We have that already, it's called co-op.
Only on 16player, and only on certain maps that they have coded AI for (try and play Gator, or Leviathan).
Point steelie is making, is it would be nice to play the 32 & 64player maps against AI. Currently, if you want to dogfight you have OCS with the F15 and Su34. That is it.
Done it a few times with Gary/RD against like 50 bots, quite good fun actually.

FFLink13 wrote:

I want maps to be set up right.

For example, has anyone noticed in B2 how some Static AA defenses or AT defenses are placed like, right next to a wall or somewhere crap? I want to see maps made for some amazing battles.
So true, and whats more, is that they are often massively exposed to enemy fire. I love the TOW on 16p Dalian on the building in Construction Site. There are some well placed TOW's in the game, but most of them just arent. Same with the LMG's, for instance Gator has one by the MEC helipad that faces the helipad. WHY?
DICE need better tactical thinking when placing ground defences, as currently, a lot of them are very poorly placed.

A lot of the current maps have great potential, but are just never played or werent properly completed. Taraba 16player is the BEST tank map in the game (forget Tampa)...but how many servers run 16size maps?
You also have flat out vehicle maps that are loaded with LMG defenses...but hardly any TOW's. They would seriously help out on some of the maps, such as Songhua and FuShe.

Last edited by Snake (2008-02-20 10:01:29)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6381|the land of bourbon
yes the ground defences and AA on gator are just flat out stupid.  the igla by the UAV trailer in the mec uncap is behind a tree ffs.  what good is that?  there are way too many LMGs, not nearly enough tow missles.  however, some maps have the ground defences quite right.  the palace on warlord, 3 lmg's on the front are perfect for holding off the rush up the stairs.  the lmg's on the back balconies are good for flag suppression.  ever camp the tow missle on the hill shed in smoke screen?  good fun.  the dragon valley wood yard is the only flag with near perfect ground defenses.  you can defend that flag alone against a convoy of armor.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6148|San Antonio, Texas
If you're EU and the MEC has North Village, that little TOW on the roof of that hut is mighty handy against tanks leaving their uncap and the Village center.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard