Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Attention soldiers! (hehe, EA trying to be funny...)

Given the recent light from the EA forums that says a new patch may come from DICE for BF2:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61122

I say we make a big wishlist of all the things we want from this patch, to post on the EA forums once it's reached a satisfactory completion.

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST A SUGGESTION, BE CONSTRUCTIVE. SOMETHING LIKE "FIX THE GAY G36E" IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AND LEAVES THE GUESSWORK TO DICE. PLEASE SAY SOMETHING LIKE "The G36E should be slightly less accurate, and have more recoil." Also, try to not request new weapons and the like; in an interview a while ago DICE said they couldn't put in more unlocks due to memory constraints or something. The main focus of this patch should be to fix all the balance issues and glitches that happen in the game, rather than new content. Also, I highly doubt that EA will give away the booster packs. ANY SUGGESTION THAT IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE OR IS ABSURD WILL NOT BE PUT INTO THE WISHLIST.

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS THE ORIGINAL BF2 1.5 PATCH SUGGESTIONS LIST. IF YOU SEE THIS ON ANY OTHER FORUM OR WEBSITE THAT DOES NOT GIVE CREDIT TO ME OR THIS TOPIC, PLEASE PM ME. TAKING MY WORK WITHOUT MY PERMISSION IS CONSIDERED PLAGIARISM. I WON'T SUE YOU, BUT IT'S A FUCKING LAME THING TO DO. THANK YOU

BATTLEFIELD 2 PATCH 1.5 SUGGESTIONS LIST

------BUGS, GLITCHES, ETC-----

-Fix the F-35B USMC fighter jet. Lots of research on Total BF2 has found that the issue lies in the hitbox of the F-35, it is simply too large. This causes it to get hit by the majority of missiles fired at it, which makes maps like Wake Island extremely unbalanced. Ideally, the hitbox of the F-35 should be made much smaller. Its performance should not exceed the F-18's, but perhaps match the MiG-29.

-If hitboxes cannot be modified, then perhaps making the air-to-air missiles less effective. Not as bad as 1.12's, but not as good as 1.4's. The ground-to-air (Stinger, IGLA, Essex) should retain their current effectiveness against air targets.

-Improve the netcode (hit registration). Many compelling videos have been made (search on YouTube for "BF2 hit detection") that show how bad the hit registration really is. One can experience this first-hand by just going into any BF2 server. The hitboxes should match the models MUCH more closely, rather than trailing behind them.

-Improve the helicopter netcode. A missile going through the front of a helicopter is unacceptable. The hitboxes are very erratic on them. As stated, a missile going through the front will never net a kill, and a missile can go underneath a helicopter and kill it.

-TV missile glitches need to be fixed. For instance, after firing a TV missile and switching to guns, then switching back to the TV Missile, the missile will reload again. This prevents you from firing. Another glitch that happens is the player hears the firing sound, and sometimes even the pilot sees the missile, but no missile is fired and the reload process starts again.

-Fix the Warlord palace glitch.

-Fix the Wake Island airfield glitch (players can glitch into some of the buildings near the flag)

-Fix the Karkand market glitch (players can glitch into the area near the TOW)

-Fix the hit crosshairs on aircraft HUDs. Currently only the Su-34 has the crosshair; the BFPro mod used in the CAL competition league fixes this.

-Looping sound for weapons is out of sync with the weapon's fire. BFPro also addresses this.

-Sniper rifles, when zoomed in, sometimes zoom right back out. Whether this is poor netcode or just network lag/packet loss is uncertain, but if it's a game issue it would be nice to have fixed. This also has been reported to be a problem with other scopes/ironsights.

-Fix the CTD issue where when a player picks up a kit, they crash to their desktop.

-Fix multiple server browser issues, such as favorites clearing when pressing "Refresh", not being able to type into the filters, and bad ping reports (the ludicrous 99823498 "ping"), and the browser taking a very long time to report server info (the entire interface freezes until the server info is retrieved).

-Some players have reported that their sprint immediately empties out upon sprinting.

-Fix the Private bug, where you show up as a private and/or don't have your unlocks. Whether this is a GameSpy feed issue or a game issue is unknown to us, but if it can be fixed it would be nice.

-Fix the "redlining" problem, where players can hover their chopper gunners out of bounds and have them die. If any passengers in the vehicle are out of bounds, all passengers should be considered out of bounds.

-Let users be able to click on ribbons in BFHQ to see their description. The only way to see the description for a ribbon right now is if it is in the "Recently Earned" section.

-The sound glitch where, if a player near you fires a full auto weapon, the firing sound keeps playing is still present.

-Players report that if a person is sitting in any position other than the driver's seat in a transport vehicle, the vehicle will not show up on commander scans.

-Defibrillators (shock paddles) do not always recharge right away after many uses.

-If a TOW or AA site is fired (AA sites have both missiles fired), if the user gets out before the site reloads, then the next time someone gets into the site it has to do the reloading sound before firing.

-Jets have buggy laser guided missiles. Sometimes when reloading the 4 missiles, the player cannot switch out of missile view until missiles are reloaded. Other times, the missiles are completely bugged and when a player clicks and hears the sound of the missile firing (they even see the missile), no missile is actually fired. This is usually not fixed unless the player bails out, or the jet is destroyed.

-Server loading screen is still buggy. It usually displays the default settings, and no IP and server name.

-If the Sergeant Major of the Corps is still an included rank, it should be fixed to be given to actual Sergeant Major. The last known SMotC was a person with 170,000 points who had not played since February, and thus never got promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel until he played another round many months after 1.2.

-On the kit selection screen, the unlock selection thing is messed up. The shadow of the next weapon is not accurate. For instance, if your Medic kit currently has the AK-101 chosen, the shadow next to the Weapon Change will show the G36E twice rather than the L85A1, then the G36E.

-Change the RIB so that MEC RIBs have an RPK-74, and PLA RIBs have the Type 95

-Players have reported not receiving the Middle East Service ribbon even though they meet all the criteria.

-MECSF and SEAL ribbons sometimes arrive to players before they have all the hours needed, and sometimes do not arrive until much later.

----GAMEPLAY BALANCE AND TWEAKS------

-Increase the rate at which engineers gain repair points. Rather than getting one point for a 'full' repair, the player should get one point for a 'half' repair. Example: if a UAV is at full health then destroyed by 2 packs of C4, an engineer that repairs it fully would get 2 points.

-Lower the Veteran and Expert Armor badge requirements. Veteran Armor should require only 75 hours in armor, and Expert Armor should only require 175 hours. Because of the abundance of armor on any map, this makes it so the requirements are more reasonable for all players while not being quite as easy as 50/150 hours.

-Tweak the Blackhawk helicopter's miniguns. They should have higher damage, slightly less than what they had in the 1.12 patch. Given the current changes that have happened to Blackhawks, the improved weaponry should be more than balanced by the lower armor and the longer amount of time it takes an engineer to repair the helicopter. This would also make maps like Wake Island more balanced.

-One content request: a PLA vs. USMC urban map. The urban maps (Mashtuur, Sharqi, Karkand, Jalalabad) are arguably the most popular maps in BF2, and this unfortunately means less servers with PLA maps. An urban PLA map would be a change from the usual MEC v. USMC fights in the streets. Although one of the reasons there haven't been any PLA city maps is because of a lack of good Chinese models for buildings, the map Great Wall from the Euro Force booster pack offers some good CQC battles. Simply making a map like Mashtuur but slightly closer flags and China instead of MEC would be fine.

-Perhaps increase the TV missile distance to 450 or 500 meters. Less than their original, but slightly more effective than their current limit of 350.

-Let SAM batteries (IGLA, Stinger, Essex) lock on once aircraft come into visual range. Players have even had times where a square appears around the aircraft but no lock on until they're already able to easily kill the guy in the AA.

-Claymores should be able to be destroyed again. This will essentially nip the claymore problem in the bud.

-Random deviation should be lowered. Not to CS or BFPro levels, just a tad better than right now.

-Possibly make the G36E about as accurate as the M16A2. It should be considered an alternative to the gun, not a better version.

-M95 should not be able to shoot the cockpits of friendly aircraft.

-Any TK's caused by running over someone in a jet should not count as a TK, and should instead count as a suicide for the person who gets killed. This will stop jet blocking.

-Choppers should be heard from a longer distance.

-Grenade launcher should be more powerful, maybe a SLIGHTLY larger splash radius

-ARMORED FURY: Increase WZ-11 and EC-635 armor

-ARMORED FURY: Increase attack jet armor, increase attack jet gun power.

-Smoke grenades should have thicker, longer lasting smoke and Assault kits should carry 2 smoke grenades

-The crosshair for TV missiles does not contrast well with the sky on Dragon Valley. This makes Chopper to Chopper combat very difficult for most players, as it's near impossible to see where the crosshair is. The sky should be darkened in TV mode.

---FINALLY---

-TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS PATCH. The 1.4 patch was for the most part fine. Even though there was a 3 month wait for the patch to come out, this isn't nearly as bad because the current patch has far better stability than the 1.3 patch had. So the community will most likely not mind you guys taking your time with this patch, since it was made evident that doing things right rather than rushing them will please the playerbase.

-Perhaps do a public beta as was done with the 1.4 patch. Did it take a while? Yes. But 1.4 ended up not having random freak server crashes, client crashes, etc because of the testing that went into it. Put love into your work and your players will love you back. Testing with Combat Testing (a division of Combat Studios that apparently worked on previous patches with DICE), BF2RS, and BFROE is also encouraged. A "Patch Feedback" forum on a major site such as Total BF2 would also be nice, as it seemed to work well for Patch 1.4.

Come on guys, if enough people (and the right people) can see this list, we can get what could be the last BF2 patch (assuming it is going to be developed) to be the best. We can make BF2 be at its prime, perhaps not as good as 1.12 but pretty close! POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS (REMEMBER TO BE CONSTRUCTIVE) AND I WILL EDIT THEM INTO THIS LIST.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-02-25 07:46:29)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6613|Gold coast, Aus.
If they fix rego  on choppers ect, i will do...Something...Dont you worry about that....

But yea, you nailed everything i want <
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6485|Berlin, Germany

Hurricane wrote:

-Tweak the Blackhawk helicopter's miniguns. They should have higher damage, slightly less than what they had in the 1.12 patch. Given the current changes that have happened to Blackhawks, the improved weaponry should be more than balanced by the lower armor and the longer amount of time it takes an engineer to repair the helicopter. This would also make maps like Wake Island more balanced.
[/color][/b]
and don't forget the Cow/Bee/whatever other transport choppers.

btw +1 for your effort
Mosh
+2|6735
great post! pla vs. usmc city map would be gorgeous!
Marine_fighter77
+20|6348
Well  this is not a fixing issue , its a matter of having a friends list or buddy list icon , if 2142 gets one then why not bf2  they could of added this to the 1.41 patch and this would be a really good idea ... SO PLEASE EA GIVE ALL OF US PLAYING BF2 A BUDDY LIST.
Commie Killer
+192|6379
Planes: All fighter planes should be equal to the Mig 29 now, all fighter bombers should be equal to the Su34. Problem fixed. That way it is skills, not the plane which will determine the winner.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6337|Cali
How bout a mini chopper w/o guns on kark. that way we can get around a bit faster.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6669|Ft. Drum, NY
totally agree with the repair points. And a nice "urban" map would definately be a breath of fresh air. I actually like the PLA weapons and would actually like to use them other than climbing into a jet/heli/tank. But i dont think they should nerf anything, i.e. the g36. Its fun to kill n00bs weilding that gun when i use my m-16 or ak...lol
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

-Fix the CTD issue when picking up a kit

-increase the distance for TV missiles.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

I need'nt say more, because 1.12 was the perfect patch.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Marine_fighter77 wrote:

Well  this is not a fixing issue , its a matter of having a friends list or buddy list icon , if 2142 gets one then why not bf2  they could of added this to the 1.41 patch and this would be a really good idea ... SO PLEASE EA GIVE ALL OF US PLAYING BF2 A BUDDY LIST.
I think that given the current menu and networking system for BF2, a buddy list is near-impossible to code without DICE reworking the interior of the game itself. You've got XFire which is already far better than the 2142 buddy list if you ask me.

The mini choppers are a possibility, I'll put that in. I'll also put in the "equal plane balance" thing, though my counter-argument is:

MEC have the superior fighter jet on any air maps for the most part, and the Havok's cannon really rips up infantry. The T-90 also has a smaller profile than the M1A2. On PLA maps, the AH-1Z is equally matched with the Z-10 and the M1A2 is matched with the Type 98. If the F-35 gets the hitbox tweaks, then it would probably be the superior bomber as its handling is more responsive and stable than the J-10's.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6560
You gathered a pretty nice list there hurricane, but i would make on suggestion for fixing the J-10. They already said that they wont change the hitboxes, hence change the AA missiles then:

- "Keep in the AA missiles, but make them really shit like they were in 1.12 - but leave the Ground-2-Air Missiles how they're at the moment. Balances the planes and the J-10 isnt invincible anymore. This step will even give way more balance to all PLA/USMC maps where a J-10 is involved."

Taken from BF2Pro:

- Airplane HUDs now have a hit detection crosshair
Reason: Cosmetic changes that make for a better HUD.

- Looping point for the gunfire sound for some automatic weapons tweaked to fix sound sync
Reason: In regular BF2, the gunfire sound loop for most automatic weapons does not match up with
        the actual firing of bullets. For example, the AK-101 sometimes plays 2 firing sounds
        even though only one bullet was fired. BF2Pro fixes this problem by adjusting the loop
        marker in the gunfire sound files to match the guns' rates of fire. This makes gunfire
        sound consistent with bullets fired, and makes burst firing more intuitive.

Edit: I suggest you edit the original EA statement into your posting, because crossthreading sucks.

Edit 2:

- Fix the Collisiondetection for example on Karkand where you can jump down from a obstacle, open the parachute and land inside of the wall.

- Increase slightly the recoil on the G36E and decrease damage by 1 or 2.

Last edited by fierce (2007-01-17 15:45:36)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

Oh yea.

-Fix the sniper rifle jitterness.  Sometimes when you are scoped and shoot someone and try to go back to your scope, the rifle just hiccups away and you end up unprotected for a sec or two.  Very annoying.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6669|Ft. Drum, NY
OH! fix that shit i get sometimes when i zoom and it glitches and zooms me out or sometimes when i zoom in and get the kill and try to zoom out and it zooms me back in or makes me slow like im zoomed but im not. WTF is that shit?!!

edit* damn ^ beat me to it

Last edited by yuckfou09 (2007-01-17 15:32:47)

-Gunsmoke-
+165|6627|South Jersey
/e-erection
No suggestions yet, but a request for you Hurricane...

Make a petition of people who want these fixes, even if Dice/EA doesn't care about it.  The petition we had last time(i forget what it was for) was a failure, maybe this time will work.
Commie Killer
+192|6379

stryyker wrote:

I need'nt say more, because 1.12 was the perfect patch.
No, there was one problem with 1.12, the M1A2 took damage going over a pothole. Major damage.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
- Lower splash damage on grenades. It's far too easy to just hurl them repeatedly from a building and create a position you simply cannot assault.

- Either make the jets less effective against ground troops, or give us more of a defense against them.

- Faster AT rockets.

- Slower TV missiles.

- Further nerf soloing in choppers; make it so an unpiloted chopper spins uncontrollably or something like that. Teamwork should be mandatory.

- More city maps.

- Clearer interface for commander screen.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6631|Montreal, Qc, Canada
the repair point you sayd + the urban PLA vs USMC map are 2 good things

but you forgot the more important point

CLAYMORES fix them so they dont explose when your 100km from them or when you see a clay then you go back and it explose !!!

Oh and btw..... i have to say that if we could have one last patch it would be GREAT... but i rly dont think this wil happen !! Due to the fact that 1.41 was only full(536 MB) not available as incremental show us that EA and DICE are tryin to make us leave this game and turn back on 2142!!!! thats why i rly dont think a 1.5 patch will actually come out!!! (but as i know bf2 still more popular then 2142 (how i know? more minutes played in bf2 then 2142 EACH DAY if you look at xfire users!!!!)

https://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9701/untitledux3.png 
bf2 always in top of 2142

Last edited by Andoura (2007-01-17 15:42:54)

Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6484|Land of Cotton

Hurricane wrote:

-Increase the rate at which engineers gain repair points. Rather than getting one point for a 'full' repair, the player should get one point for a 'half' repair. Example: if a UAV is at full health then destroyed by 2 packs of C4, an engineer that repairs it fully would get 2 points.
I agree. This one seems very slow compared to the other team points (ammo and health). And you can be a sitting target in a very dynamic situation. Maybe the rate of repair could be increased. That might be a better solution. Or maybe the mech could carry an impact wrench instead of a cresent wrench!

Does anyone else very get a CTD when the 'switch teams' during rounds? I never noticed it until 1.4. I do not recall if it is map specific. If this is a problem for others, I recommend it to be fixed. Thanks.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6618|Quebec city, Canada
On night maps, like in RL, give the attack helicopters an INFRARED vision (not standard night vision) by pressing 8 while being IN the helicopter instead of obligating the player to press 8 BEFORE entering the helicopter and get a STANDARD night vision

btw, standard night vision in black and white is still not infrared (as it is now).  Infrared works by detecting infrared light from the heat sources.

Last edited by -=raska=- (2007-01-17 15:39:28)

MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6363|Pittsburgh, PA USA
But how do we make EA see it?
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6631|Montreal, Qc, Canada

MagikTrik wrote:

But how do we make EA see it?
thats why i say we will never have a 1.5 patch !!!! they allready made all the money they wanted with bf2....
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6613|Gold coast, Aus.
Here we go....Our expectations are rising like usual....Ive seen this one too many times >_>
Jello.01
+46|6601|DFW, Texas
I'm pretty sure the range on the tv missle is 350, a range of 450 or 500 would be great.

The hotel glitch on Sharqi, and the airfield glitch on Wake need to be fixed. At least Sharqi, I don't play wake much anymore.

Make the hitbox on the F35 smaller, but I also remember seeing a post somewhere that said the main problem was that the heat of the J10 was located inside the exhaust, rather than outside, like the F35.

Don't make the jets less effective against ground troops. You know you would be raping them if you had the skill, or the jet.

Don't NOT allow chopper soloing. Deal with it. You probably suck if you're whining about such a small thing. An experienced chopper crew can take down a solo pilot easily.

Turn down the random deviation on guns down, just a little. I hate seeing the bullet go 3 meters in any direction when I'm shooting someone a few feet away. Maybe something a little less accurate from what BFPro has.

I'll think of more later.

Ahh! and claymores, fix those claymore whoring bitches! Let them be destroyed by something explosive. I mean, how many times have you seen an engineer disable one while in fierce combat?

Last edited by Jello.01 (2007-01-17 15:47:43)

yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6669|Ft. Drum, NY

Skorpy-chan wrote:

- Lower splash damage on grenades. It's far too easy to just hurl them repeatedly from a building and create a position you simply cannot assault.

- Either make the jets less effective against ground troops, or give us more of a defense against them.

- Faster AT rockets.

- Slower TV missiles.

- Further nerf soloing in choppers; make it so an unpiloted chopper spins uncontrollably or something like that. Teamwork should be mandatory.

- More city maps.

- Clearer interface for commander screen.
go play IO. Leave the Heli's alone except the BH.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard