Slarty
+37|5953|Ingerland
I personally like the idea of training before being allowed into certain classes of vehicles etc. Being made to learn how to TV, bomb, command etc before you can actually do those in game would make like a little more enjoyable for everyone I think. I know single person training isn't totally representative of online play, but if a gunner jumps into your bomber, at least you'll know he/she is able to use the LGB etc.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6181|14072
I wish there was a map that was just jets like in the middle of the ocean. Each team will get a carrier with jets and AA on it, and the objective is to sink the enemy carrier.
Daggoth-UR-XXX
+21|6573|NC, USA, Earth, Milky Way

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

I wish there was a map that was just jets like in the middle of the ocean. Each team will get a carrier with jets and AA on it, and the objective is to sink the enemy carrier.
BF 1942 had that: it was Coral Sea.

My wishlist:

1: Add music back into the game like BF:Vietnam.
2: Must land jets to get repaired, fueled, and supplied.
3: Unused airfields with planes/tanks like in Gazala
4: Players take damage to body parts and cause either leg gimping, no arms, going deaf to artillery like in COD with the shellshock.
5: Swimming under water a la FarCry.
6: Getting wet while swimming causing you to run slower and/or weapons to malfunction.
7: Guns jam from time to time.
8: Customize your entire outfit
9: Import your face into the game.
10: Cold and Heat affecting your endurance.
11: I like the person who mentioned training missions: a la America's Army style.  Medic training anyone?
12: Going prone can hurt.
13: Add wildlife, non-combatants, civilian vehicles a la Command and Conquer.
14: Tanks with torque; none of this Zomg I got stuck on a sand-dune.
15: Tires that can go flat a la Grand Theft Auto.
16: Molotov cocktails and other dirty bombs...terrorists do not fight always with grade A stuff.
17: Parachuting from C-130s, rappeling from choppers, etc.
18: None of this AWOL bullshit going out of bounds...huge maps.
19: None of this fly into outspace with jets and losing control. 
20: Jets that stall and crash without enough lift.
21: Stealth bombers, choppers, boats, submarines, etc.
22: The ability to build barracades, foxholes, tunnels.  Construct a makeshift fort if you want.
23: Hitboxes on all things.
24: Wreckage from all things remain behind.
25: Bullets ricochet.
26: Craters from bombs.
27: A tunguska should be the last thing you want to hear about when you get in a jet.
28: Locked vehicles a la UT2004.
29: Pilot class, tank class, infrantry classes with appropriate gear.
30: Weather effects. Rain, snow, thunderstorms...weather than changes.
31: Wind, turbulence, black ice, sandstorms.

I'd can go all night, but those are just a few.

Daggoth
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5892|MN
knifes should be able to pop tires on cars and such. make the vehicle ride like its on the rims and in need of repair. that way a person could slash the tires at a base that is unoccupied and when someone jumps in they will be like wtf .  just like in real life.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6279|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Daggoth-UR-XXX wrote:

2. Too hard to land
19/20. Those pretty much contradict each other. The reason why you lose control of jets at high altitudes is because less lift is generated since the plane goes too fast (AKA overspeed). Stalling and overspeed are opposites, but both tend to lead to the same result.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Daggoth-UR-XXX
19:  What I meant here was no more losing control after a certain height in BF2 where you just go sailing into outer space and die.  I'd prefer the plane to stall and fall back to the Earth as you said.  It's tough to constantly have to fly 2000 feet or so and within the DMZ.  I would like for a 30,000 ceiling or more plus more room to turn and approach targets...

20: I still think it would be nice if Migs, F18s and J-10s didn't act like F-35s and hover over flags then amazingly take off again in a vertical with afterburners.

Another rule:  No more drop all flares at once crap, it should be a set number you start off with (10-20) and pop them as you go when you need them.
thepilot91
+64|6225|Åland!

ph4s3 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

WHY? hasnt anybody given this importaint thing a thought!...i hate it when you bail your plane in bf2 and its got half bar of health and the explosion blow you up or you bail at high height ...and get driven over by your own plane...HOW cool wouldnt it be (and not to mention realistic) if there was ejection seat in the planes (not only) i mean if you pushed like shift + E or some other button or anything you would shoot out of the plane and survive! some attack helos has that aswell i dunno wich ones...but i really miss this thing in bf2!...it cant be that hard to make...
If they implement this then you should stand a decent chance of dying instantly on the canopy, being paralyzed from a collapsing spine/vertebrae, breaking your legs on impact, or drowning in your parachute if in the water.  Ejections are highly dangerous events, much more so than what they are now in the game.
lol if you are srious you dont understand bf2 is a game and you survive a shot by m95 (if not hs) so what ever is possible...anyways there is in every modern fighter jet serving in some army a ejection seat (yes it is dangerous the one who shoot him self out of a plane in ejection seat will be experiencing 20G at the launch but )will survive if he doesnt manage to shoot himself into a wall or something(that veeeery rarely can be find in mid air)

Last edited by thepilot91 (2008-03-10 09:24:25)

thepilot91
+64|6225|Åland!

Daggoth-UR-XXX wrote:

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

BF 1942 had that: it was Coral Sea.

My wishlist:

1: Add music back into the game like BF:Vietnam.
3: Unused airfields with planes/tanks like in Gazala
4: Players take damage to body parts and cause either leg gimping, no arms, going deaf to artillery like in COD with the shellshock.
5: Swimming under water a la FarCry.
6: Getting wet while swimming causing you to run slower and/or weapons to malfunction.
7: Guns jam from time to time.
8: Customize your entire outfit
9: Import your face into the game.
10: Cold and Heat affecting your endurance.
11: I like the person who mentioned training missions: a la America's Army style.  Medic training anyone?
12: Going prone can hurt.
13: Add wildlife, non-combatants, civilian vehicles a la Command and Conquer.
14: Tanks with torque; none of this Zomg I got stuck on a sand-dune.
15: Tires that can go flat a la Grand Theft Auto.
16: Molotov cocktails and other dirty bombs...terrorists do not fight always with grade A stuff.
17: Parachuting from C-130s, rappeling from choppers, etc.
18: None of this AWOL bullshit going out of bounds...huge maps.
21: Stealth bombers, choppers, boats, submarines, etc.
22: The ability to build barracades, foxholes, tunnels.  Construct a makeshift fort if you want.
23: Hitboxes on all things.
24: Wreckage from all things remain behind.
25: Bullets ricochet.
26: Craters from bombs.
27: A tunguska should be the last thing you want to hear about when you get in a jet.
28: Locked vehicles a la UT2004.
29: Pilot class, tank class, infrantry classes with appropriate gear.
30: Weather effects. Rain, snow, thunderstorms...weather than changes.
31: Wind, turbulence, black ice, sandstorms.

I'd can go all night, but those are just a few.

Daggoth
5: Swimming under water a la FarCry. yeah far cry the game with all the aliens in it, not quite comparable with bf2/bf3...and the last thing a solider wants (with a 40kg equiptment or more ) is to be benith water ...infact its a very hard strugle to at all keep your head above water with that heavy load+ the fact that you want too keep your gun as dry as possible..
Anewgirl
+12|6142|Vermont U.S.A
Maps with more color then brown and tan and the other color browngreen.
Daggoth-UR-XXX

thepilot91 wrote:

5: Swimming under water a la FarCry. yeah far cry the game with all the aliens in it, not quite comparable with bf2/bf3...and the last thing a solider wants (with a 40kg equiptment or more ) is to be benith water ...infact its a very hard strugle to at all keep your head above water with that heavy load+ the fact that you want too keep your gun as dry as possible..
Well it would be nice if the Navy Seals could do it in Leviathan or something.  Hell at least snorkel your way around a base.  This would of course mean a diving/swimmer class equipped for underwater missions.  I realize Far Cry doesn't make a lot of sense, but I am thinking of taking great concepts from many games and put them into one game.

Other ideas:

32: It be nice if we had a CTF and Mission mode (as in BF 1942) among ranked servers.
33: 64 size coop maps
34: have the option of forcing people to parachute or take some form of beyond the DMZ entrance into the game and not magically spawn at a flag.
35: Eliminate Fog of War by allowing you to see as far as you normally possible unless weather was a factor. (a la Farcry)
36: Time elapse for every map....dawn becoming morning quickly....etc.
37: What's with this business of not allowing the enemy or other squads to see your attack location smoke grenades?
38: Engineers don't magically repair everything with a wrench.
39: You don't revive people from artillery or being run over. 
40: Transport vehicles don't spontaneously combust when left alone.
41: Supply crates are not magical heal and repair boxes.
42: Less likely to be able to jump when out of stamina.
43: Less battlefield clutter such as random radio antennas that serve no purpose and are stupidly placed at the end of most runways. (Mec Kubra)
44: Better Multiplayer Menu and server selection (plus, show the timer/score as to how long before the round ends...so I don't join a game only to be forced to load the next one.
45: Option of joining as spectator and not taking up any slots (disallow chat for spectators)
46: Bonus points for following the commanders'/squad leadres orders.
47: Female combatants?
48: Different age groups.
49: Unique COMMROSE communication among the classes.
50: Option for vulgar language COMMROSE version server.  (I.E. "I need some damn supplies over here commander")  Honestly, Marines and soldiers are not sweet talking candyasses running around.  They curse every 3rd word sometimes.
51: Allow for TRACK IR on planes.
52: Option for server-side realism...no outside cockpit or tank views.
53: COD4's hardcore mode option.
54: I like the idea someone said about having people to man the artillery...a la BF Desert Combat with the howitzers and assault artillery spotting a la BF2: Point of Existence)
55: Option to even have commanders and/or give other benefits for people to be a higher rank other than first to be commaner BS.
56: Force people to actually hoist a flag on a pole, not camp by a corner.
57: Fence cutters.
58: Disable claymores and C4 the same way tank mines work.
59: Be able to throw down weapons a la UT2004.
60: Knives that actually kill
61: Get rid of Knife accuracy...
62: Add more blood and gore....none of this sand shit.
63: Mortars
64: Grenade duds.
65: Real ejections from aircraft.
66: Impossible to seat switch unless in a tank and even then it requires you to move to a different location.
67: Ability to hide in damaged tanks that no longer function.
68: Go inside almost ever building.
69: Flying through power lines may bring a chopper down.
70: Mavericks, LGMs, Rockeyes and other customizable ordiance for jets/choppers.
Drexel
+43|6465|Philadelphia

cowami wrote:

Daggoth-UR-XXX wrote:

2. Too hard to land
https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i140/WFCxDrexel/screen005.jpg

Yea, It's really hard to land jets in this game......
(It's the bomber.  Not the hover jet.)

Daggoth-UR-XXX wrote:

66: Impossible to seat switch unless in a tank and even then it requires you to move to a different location.
This idea is great.  Forcing the player to actually climb into the helo-seats/jump into the back of the jeep to grab a seat.  Outstanding.

Last edited by Drexel (2008-03-11 07:44:02)

thepilot91
+64|6225|Åland!
Well it would be nice if the Navy Seals could do it in Leviathan or something.  Hell at least snorkel your way around a base.  This would of course mean a diving/swimmer class equipped for underwater missions.  I realize Far Cry doesn't make a lot of sense, but I am thinking of taking great concepts from many games and put them into one game.

yea that i can agree with but that is aswell in SF ...but in regular bf2...naaah no need for it and not at all realistic
agent146
+127|6376|Jesus Land aka Canada

colonelioan wrote:

Compatibility with XP.
ya i just realized thats important lol
McCullough
+7|6827
-Binoculars.
-Distance meter for the sniper scope.
-Silenced sniper rifle.
-Decoys
-no kill cam.
-visible grass even in the distance.
-Explosives with a countdown timer.
-Destructible environment.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6727|Great Wall
- unlimited claymores
- unlimited hand grenades

that's it!
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6137|San Antonio, Texas

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

- unlimited claymores
- unlimited hand grenades

that's it!
That suggestion alone is ban-worthy tbh.

Updated original post.

Tiny things

-When you die, the body doesn't always look up. An explosion could send you on your side, so you should see the wall or tree. This could prove to be a tactical advantage for fellow squadmates if you tell them what's up.

-Getting killed doesn't let you see a good distance around your corpse. You should see a black or white light, signifying death. This might be server-side, or won't happen at all.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6594|Greenwood, IN
1. Widescreen Support
2. Multithread Support
3. Competition Mode of some sort.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5988|Vortex Ring State

Naturn wrote:

3. Competition Mode of some sort.
lol