aLeX
.?
+160|6330|:D

Markooo*Est wrote:

And fix that " 65535 " bug that shows if player have more than that number of kills with some equipment weapon
It's not a bug, it's the maximum number the database can hold.

Think about it logically, it's unlikely the majority of players will have more than 65,535 kills with a given weapon anyway.

Also, is there actually a definitive answer on the stats pages, I get we're being given cached pages but I was under the impression it wouldn't stay like this.
ethrion
+25|6393|Hong Kong @ the moment
I'm not sure whats going on. Earlier in the thread people posted that their stats had updated and they understood the new caching system. But now it seems that some of us haven't had their pages update. Guess just wait and see I suppose.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6786|Bulgaria
Bf2s is NOT updating stats now, that's for sure!
I hope chuy fixes it!
In the meantime - www.bf2player.com is working fine.
Wallpaper
+303|5993|The pool
The stat update not working makes me a sad panda. BF2s has better graphs than BF2player

Enough crying, keep up the good work Chuy!
slidevilupg
+1|5970|Springfiled Oregon
Since the update my profile is not updating. Is this going to be fixed?
FragPuss2409
+2|6775
yeah my profile hasnt been updating for 2 or 3 days either, neither have any of my friends, i'm sure (well hope) it will be sorted soon

remain positive
geNius
..!.,
+144|6441|SoCal

Wallpaper wrote:

The stat update not working makes me a sad panda. BF2s has better graphs than BF2player

Enough crying, keep up the good work Chuy!
We're all adults here.  We all love Chuy's layout on the stats, which is 99% of the reason we're all here.  We all appreciate what BF2s gives us.

We don't have to suck his dick.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6828|Texas

geNius wrote:

We're all adults here.  We all love Chuy's layout on the stats, which is 99% of the reason we're all here.  We all appreciate what BF2s gives us.

We don't have to suck his dick.
Correction.  We don't, but you do.  We had a vote.  Seriously.  So get to work.
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6828|Texas

aLeX wrote:

Markooo*Est wrote:

And fix that " 65535 " bug that shows if player have more than that number of kills with some equipment weapon
That's the definition of a bug, dude.  It is an incorrectly dimensioned variable, apparently set to a 16bit integer (long) when it needs to be 32bit (double) or larger (float).  See what Chuy had to say about it -- http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=237181#p237181

Last edited by ph4s3 (2008-02-17 07:47:04)

kptk92
u
+972|6407|tc_london
GG chuy
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
What's this with Varegg being a mod, someone please tell me why he is a mod and why I am not. I'm way more than him.
69Crzy
+7|6113|Florida
My stats are Frozen Too ...............
FragPuss2409
+2|6775

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

What's this with Varegg being a mod, someone please tell me why he is a mod and why I am not. I'm way more than him.
Way more.... ? all i can assume is that face somehow implies a level of oblivious retardation, kind of like the face Tails had on Slackerz webcomic strip where tails sees the spikes and wonders what happens if he touches them, and then sticks his face into a bomb, and sonic goes mental at him, and tails just does the same retarded smile as you did earlier

infact i will post a link or the actual strip just so people can actually compare (ps i realise i was maybe being a bit harsh to the doc there)

https://www.theslackerz.com/comic/046.gif
Caypiranha
+1|6518
I love this stat site... even, when its not working propper now.
- its the best one in every case in comparison to others

keeeep it on !
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6352|uk

Shame about loosing the playing status, but...

stkhoplite wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

the greater good
The greater good

Sorry, i was just watching hot fuzz
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6847|"Frisco"

There is a bug with players getting stuck, I'll fix it tomorrow after work, sorry about this.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

FragPuss2409 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Way more.... ? all i can assume is that face somehow implies a level of oblivious retardation, kind of like the face Tails had on Slackerz webcomic strip where tails sees the spikes and wonders what happens if he touches them, and then sticks his face into a bomb, and sonic goes mental at him, and tails just does the same retarded smile as you did earlier

infact i will post a link or the actual strip just so people can actually compare (ps i realise i was maybe being a bit harsh to the doc there)

http://www.theslackerz.com/comic/046.gif
what the fuck
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6847|"Frisco"

nm, should be fixed now.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6302|The | Netherlands

chuyskywalker wrote:

nm, should be fixed now.
Yeah, working fine yet again.
FragPuss2409
+2|6775
yeah it all works nice now, stop fiddling with it
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
That Sonic comic is the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. The last panel just makes it
kptk92
u
+972|6407|tc_london

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

That Sonic comic is the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. The last panel just makes it
All of it is brilliant
SnyperWiper
+4|6646|Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

I just installed a caching service on player profile pages so that they are generated at player update. The cached version of the page is served instead of connecting to the database and causing loads and loads of stress.
This means that, overall, things should speed up a bit since the player pages are pretty heavy hitters in terms of load generation.
The downside to this is the removal of dynamic content on the page -- namely, there is no longer the "player is online at" status. Sorry that had to eat it for the greater good of the server -- I've got to streamline the code and load on Gibson.

Hi Chuy,
is that dummy-machine in the same LAN as gibson (1GBit/s or more?)
RS
SnyperWiper
+4|6646|Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

KylieTastic wrote:

A sad day....

Also if trackr has lots and/or large static images setting the expiry on them saves you load, bandwidth and time for users.
Static files are served from a dummy machine running lighttpd, the hands down best server for doing loads of "stupid" file transfers and 304'ing of content. The load doesn't come from bandwidth, but processor memory usage of connecting to the database, doing lots of intensive queries for stats data, parsing, formatting, and outputting it.

Hi Chuy,
is that dummy-machine in the same LAN as gibson (1GBit/s or more?)
RS
iD
Hates most server admins.
+7|6655

aLeX wrote:

Markooo*Est wrote:

Think about it logically, it's unlikely the majority of players will have more than 65,535 kills with a given weapon anyway.
it still makes those stats useless for everyone above 65535

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard