killinzero1
+14|6405
Whats going on Boys,

i need some help choosing the right thermal paste i heard AC5 is like the best on the market and im getting this Cpu cooler for my quad core build ihave the stock Paste but i dont want to see high Temp while idle or in game.

http://ultraproducts.com/product_detail … ductID=571
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6397|MN
Whatever you get, just make sure you put it on the correct side!!!!!!!!!!
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
killinzero1
+14|6405

LividBovine wrote:

Of course i know how to put on thermal paste
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6397|MN
Someone here didn't, and didn't want a repeat. 
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6777|San Antonio, Texas

LividBovine wrote:

Yeah.

Arctic Silver 5 seems to be the best. I used it and it's preforming just fine.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2008-02-09 18:30:35)

Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

killinzero1 wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

Of course i know how to put on thermal paste
Unfortunately, some people don't.
*cough commie*
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6677|The darkside of Denver
lulz.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6166|'straya
Poor commie will never live that down.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6587|Portland, OR, USA
commiekiller.... not me

...fyi
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6777|San Antonio, Texas

CommieChipmunk wrote:

commiekiller.... not me

...fyi
.....suuuurrrrreeeee...

You should get your old sig back, fyi.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6341|New Haven, CT
Don't get AS5. It is overrated.

Try Tuniq TX-2 or Arctic Cooling MX-2. Both cool better for nothing more.
killinzero1
+14|6405

nukchebi0 wrote:

Don't get AS5. It is overrated.

Try Tuniq TX-2 or Arctic Cooling MX-2. Both cool better for nothing more.
roger that
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6471|The Twilight Zone
I always liked the thermal paste Thermaright bundles their coolers with. Never liked Artic cooling paste's at least the one i tried was like glue-was so hard to remove the cooler after. Artic silver was the name of the paste i think and its colour was grey.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

Picking thermal paste is easy, so long as you go for a fairly decent one you'll be fine. The difference between the top ones is negligible.

Don't use thermal pads or bundled thermal paste though, they're never as good.

If using silver based compounds look for very high silver contents, if using ceramic based compounds there is no such simple rule of thumb. You want your paste to create a good (yet ultra thin) seal that will not easily break or get bubbles in if the HSF is jolted a bit. AS5 is a good bet, it's certainly amongst the best available.

Make sure to clean both surfaces properly before applying any paste.
.Sup
be nice

Bertster7 wrote:

RLY??? Zalman bundles a really good paste with their 9700 cpu cooler. But since ur the "real" expert the paste is shit and all the reviews are wrong.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

.Sup wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

RLY??? Zalman bundles a really good paste with their 9700 cpu cooler. But since ur the "real" expert the paste is shit and all the reviews are wrong.
Glad you agree.

I never said bundled paste was shit, it will obviously vary. I said it is never as good.

I'd stop being so silly and confrontational anyway Sup, you'll end up getting banned....
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6432|Finland

Bertster7 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Glad you agree.

I never said bundled paste was shit, it will obviously vary. I said it is never as good.

I'd stop being so silly and confrontational anyway Sup, you'll end up getting banned....
AS5 = Zalman STG-1. as far as the performance goes that it...
AS5 is a bit harder to apply compared to the zalman which is very easy to apply/remove.

edit: the paste that comes with boxed coolers is crap... the paste that comes with atermarket coolers can vary from crap to very good.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2008-02-10 04:59:54)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
.Sup
be nice

Bertster7 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Glad you agree.

I say its good, you say its bad, i say its good and then I'm confrontational? I can read your post all over again numerous times and i will understand the same as i did before. You said bundled paste was shit, you didn't say bundled paste with stock coolers. That's why I replied emediately stating that all paste's aren't shit. Some are shit even with aftermarket coolers like Panzer said but most of them perform very well and the thermal compounds you pay extra don't always perform as good as they cost.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

.Sup wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Glad you agree.

I say its good, you say its bad, i say its good and then I'm confrontational? I can read your post all over again numerous times and i will understand the same as i did before. You said bundled paste was shit, you didn't say bundled paste with stock coolers. That's why I replied emediately stating that all paste's aren't shit. Some are shit even with aftermarket coolers like Panzer said but most of them perform very well and the thermal compounds you pay extra don't always perform as good as they cost.
Where did I say it was shit? I said not to use them because they're not as good as the best ones. That is a long way from saying they're shit. Now stop acting like a muppet.

The fact that there are exceptions is beside the point. He isn't getting a Zalman cooler anyway.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2008-02-10 05:20:05)

.Sup
be nice
Ah no point in continue replying. I always try helping but i end up being the biggest moron right and as you said i might end up getting banned.
*I must restrain myself from helping others in the tech thread!*
Shadow893
lel
+75|6710|England

.Sup wrote:

Ah no point in continue replying. I always try helping but i end up being the biggest moron right and as you said i might end up getting banned.
*I must restrain myself from helping others in the tech thread!*
wtf dude you bite everyone's head off whenever you reply.

par example:

.sup wrote:

how can you say that isn't confrontational? cos if that isn't confrontational i don't know what is.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

.Sup wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Did I not tell you to shut up?

Yet you continue to be ignorant towards other peoples views and to my warning.

This is the last post I will make about your behaviour. Next time its bye bye.
killinzero1
+14|6405
thank you zimmer for trying to keep them on the subject. and for all i only need to no what is the best thermal paste

Last edited by killinzero1 (2008-02-10 11:14:06)

cospengle
+140|6504|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I remember a thread that had a link to some data that showed there was bugger all difference. I just use what I have on hand... but I'm not OCing so...

EDIT: I like the stuff that came with my Zalmn CPU cooler. It's easy to apply since it comes in a bottle with a paint brush. The stuff that comes in tubes always results in a messy Mastercard.

Last edited by cospengle (2008-02-10 18:41:18)

smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5949|Georgia, US of A
i'm pretty sure the difference is negligible, but i haven't really looked into it, and leave .sup alone, he's presenting an objective opinion

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard