Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6475
Resident Evil 1 & 2 on Playstation... even better before Silent Hill, when they were the only 'scary' games that existed. Made a bit of a sharp change from Mario Kart or Goldeneye or Metal Gear Solid or whatever else you were playing .

The headcrabs in the airvents in the original Half Life had me jumping a few times as well... wouldn't say 'scared' though.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.
Dino crisis 1/2. Great games, used to love them.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6277
Fear and ravenholm...dude,DUDE!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

Escape From Monster Manor on 3-DO.  I used to go over to my friend's and play it when I was about 13.  Scary stuff.
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6004|Rexburg, Idaho
Doom 3 honestly never actually scared me...maybe jumped a few times...

To me tho, being scared from a game is to almost be disturbed....strangley to say, when Sgt. Jackson dies in COD4 that was almost to disturbingly real. That is something that I would have considered to disturb me....

jump-out-in-your-face kind of scaring is old, and overused. disturbingly real and weird is the stuff I love
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6196|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
F.E.A.R with lights off and surround sound, this should be a poll!! Try and find the most scariest of all games!!

Last edited by G.Cronin (2008-02-09 14:35:08)

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6353|Belfast
Ravenholm, 12AM, lights off with speakers on full
made me jump a few times
the treehouse part in Farcry also made me jump
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Ravenholm? Are you kidding me? How can anyone find Ravenholm scary? I mean, C'mon, HL2 is 12+.

The only game that I've played that has scared me a bit was Doom 3. That thing coming out of the door made me close my eyes, lol.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6849|Waikato, Aotearoa
Doom3, FEAR and Alien vs Predator - I FUCKING HATE FACEHUGGERS - The little bastards have an annoying habit of killing you WHEN YOU THINK ITS SAFE AND NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING.......
Lynx14
+41|5976
Doom 3 and Bioshock scared me a couple times Max Payne 2 was kinda creepy just all the dead people everywhere. The 'Fun House' Scene scared the crap out of me like every second there would be something popping out =/
CrazeD
+368|6678|Maine
FarCry kinda jumped me when I got to the part with the monkey things, and they just flew out of nowhere.

FEAR startled me in parts too.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6714|th3 unkn0wn

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Escape From Monster Manor on 3-DO.  I used to go over to my friend's and play it when I was about 13.  Scary stuff.
The game...or the graphics?

Looks like you're one of the oldskoolers here. Do you remember the 11th Hour? And other games like The Clock Tower series and Phantasmagoria?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

I hate stuff that jumps out at you, always seems like a cheap scare if you ask me. Doom3 was pretty bad for that, so yeah, kinda scary but not. Ravenholm was a little scary when I first did it when HL2 first came out, but it's not exactly a really realistic looking game so it's not that bad. I just didn't like the really fast zombie things. FEAR was pretty creepy. Silent Hill back when it first came out used to scare the crap out of me and my friends. Probably still would. I must have been about 12 at the time.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6714|th3 unkn0wn

G.Cronin wrote:

F.E.A.R with lights off and surround sound, this should be a poll!! Try and find the most scariest of all games!!
That's wot I wos thinking about doing when I started this topic...but I wosn't sure which games would make the list. So far F.E.A.R. seems to be the one mentioned the most.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6765|San Antonio, Texas
Doom 2, when I was a kid. Doom 3 when I first played it.

Oh, and a poll might have been better.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6447|SoCal

.Sup wrote:

Doom3
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6527
fear at 4am
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6626|Gold coast, Aus.
No way is fear scary.

Any of the Silent Hill's on PS2 gave me the fucking creeps. I do remember playing Silent Hill 3 (thats the one with the roller coaster in it right?) early in the morning. That was scary.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6137|Carnoustie, Scotland

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

wot
Lol.
The#1Spot
+105|6545|byah
doom3 is a joke compared to fear or stalker.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6523|Montucky
F.E.A.R.  and for us old school gamers, Resident Evil 1 and Alien Trilogy for Playstation.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6440
I haven't really found any game "scary". F.E.A.R. promised to be scary as did Doom 3 but neither delivered it for me. Doom 3 relied too much on monster closets and F.E.A.R. set sequences were pretty easy to get through as none of them actually hurt you so there's no reason to bother dwelling on them. If anyone knows any good scary games that aren't well known and aren't sluggish survival horrors then tell me.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6756|the middle of nowhere
Hl2 made me jump a couple times when I first played it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6542|Long Island, New York
To be completely honest, when I first played Halo: Combat Evolved, the first time you encounter the flood scared the fuck out of me. Bear in mind I was also I think 10. But before that, when I played the first Resident Evil with my brother...I think I was about 6 or 7. THAT scared the fuck out of me. Especially when Nemesis jumps through the window. God, that creeped me out.

Current day, probably playing HL2 (Ravenholm) in the dark was both incredibly creepy and fun at the same time.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6516|Gold Coast
I'd say that F.E.A.R has the creepy scary shit, with that little girl that haunts the fuck outta you. Plus S.T.A.L.K.E.R can be quite scary at 11PM etc, and with the last levels or when you're underground with zombies and shit like that, it kinda gave me the creeps.

Doom 3 gave me the shits when I first played. I was walking up some stairs, and the stairs broke, I was liek 'waht teh fux?', then some massive motherfucking alien comes "GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" roaring at you, scary motherfucker...nearly shat myself.
Also, as Bulldogz said, I was kinda creeped out with the death of Sgt Jackson on CoD4..... it was, very, wierd. I was sad TBH.
God Im a loser. lmfao
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard