Poll

What is the scariest game you've ever played?

F.e.a.r.33%33% - 54
Doom 318%18% - 29
Silent Hill series11%11% - 19
Resident evil series11%11% - 19
Project zero series1%1% - 2
Other23%23% - 38
Total: 161
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6717|Charlie One Alpha
What's the scariest game you've ever played?
Vote and Discuss.

I say F.E.A.R. Doom 3 is just pathetic compared to that game.
Second is the Silent Hill Series.

Project zero may have a different title in the U.S., it's the game where your only weapon is a camera and you make pictures of the ghosts that try to kill you.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6758
Couldnt comments on F.E.A.R as i have not played it, but i remember playing Doom3 when it came out.

Started playing it when i lived with my student buddies in a 6 bedroom flat. we used to gather together in my room in the dark and play the game. Freaked us out when the flying babies are near and they start to make that noise!
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6751|Malaga, España
i voted doom 3 cause i didnt play fear yet,
fear seems to be scarier but i couldnt compare it

but by doom3 i had to drink some beer before i could complete a level 
coz without it, i was just shaking and barely fucking moved , well inch for inch i moved forward and really sometimes scared the crap out of me . especially the lights that flashes on and off and the ambient sound and voices u hear...god dammit!

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-03-27 02:10:14)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
You guys really need to play F.E.A.R.

Doom 3 is like the fucking carebears compared to that game. I found that doom 3 relied heavily on spawning enemies right behind you. It was REALLY predictable. You see one enemy in front of you? Well, as soon as you kill that one, you better turn around 'cause five bucks says another one just spawned in behind your back. I actually hated that game for it's cheap scare tactics. Fucking making you lose your weapon to hold a flashlight?! What the fuck. Doom 3 was scary in the way that someone who suddenly jumps at you and yells
"BOO!" is scary. F.E.A.R. is scary in the way that coming home to find your entire family ripped apart in a bloody mess and a message on the wall written in their blood saying "You're next" is scary.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2006-03-27 02:21:33)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6751|Malaga, España
i red about that F.E.A.R a psycho kid girl that start masacres....just the sound of the ambient and the surrounding area doesnt allow me to move i think . to busy shaking
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6758

LaidBackNinja wrote:

You guys really need to play F.E.A.R.

Doom 3 is like the fucking carebears compared to that game. I found that doom 3 relied heavily on spawning enemies right behind you. It was REALLY predictable. You see one enemy in front of you? Well, as soon as you kill that one, you better turn around 'cause five bucks says another one just spawned in behind your back. I actually hated that game for it's cheap scare tactics. Fucking making you lose your weapon to hold a flashlight?! What the fuck. Doom 3 was scary in the way that someone who suddenly jumps at you and yells
"BOO!" is scary. F.E.A.R. is scary in the way that coming home to find your entire family ripped apart in a bloody mess and a message on the wall written in their blood saying "You're next" is scary.
Yeah doom 3 got very predictable after a while of playing it, but it was still freaky with the sounds and the ambiance.

What are the graphics like on F.E.A.R ? will check it out and maybe purchase it. Considering getting the xbox360 on friday when i get paid, might then buy Condemed.
Any thoughts on Condemed as being scary?
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
The graphics on F.E.A.R. are insane. Let's leave it at that.

As for condemned, I wouldn't know. I'm still trying to decide whether I'm going to boycot the xbox 360 for being a piece of crap. Come on, it runs Oblivion worse than my current pc, which is almost a year old. Next-gen my ass. I do REALLY want to play Halo 3 though...
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6758
Yeah i have heard some very bad reviews of the 360, but as you say i also want to play Halo 3. I also hate the look of the PS3 controllers, so am not too keen on waiting till that comes out.

If i have some spare cash then i will probably just get the xbox360 and see what it is like. I am not really into games like Oblivion, so will not be getting that anyway.
$kelet0r
+16|6690
You guys are crazy
The scariest most heartpounding piece of entertainment ever made is Operation Flashpoint - it is absolutely terrifying
Even on the easy difficulty you will feel a very strong urge tol crawl into a bush and stay there where no one can find you
FEAR will give you the creeps, Doom 3 will scare you every so often but Operation Flashpoint will have your palms soaked in sweat, your hands shaking and the the heart pounding like a jackhammer
Armed Assault fanboy right here - it's probably going to be the only game I buy this year
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

HERESY! You forgot to put 'Aliens vs Predator 2', 'Alone in the Dark', 'Thief 1/2/3' and 'X-Com' on your poll. 'Other' doesn't do them justice!

Noob gamer.

F.E.A.R. was scarier when I wasn't fighting bad guys. Those guys went down with one shot to the grenades in their hands.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-27 03:25:15)

*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6751|Malaga, España
Skeletor, thats not scary , its just combat tense, ur just waiting for something to happen...but you dont WANT it to happen....so indeed i get my ass into a spot so nobody sees me and after a while , i really slow move forwards and really check my surrounding intense, other bushes, windows and trees . and if its secure ur thinking...Pfeeww.....and then BLAM! something happend ooooh...i love Game Triggers they are there u scare the crap out of u
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

HERESY! You forgot to put 'Aliens vs Predator 2', 'Alone in the Dark', 'Thief 1/2/3' and 'X-Com' on your poll. 'Other' doesn't do them justice!

Noob gamer.

F.E.A.R. was scarier when I wasn't fighting bad guys. Those guys went down with one shot to the grenades in their hands.
You're aboslutely right. I can't believe I forgot to mention the AVP games. Especially Alien vs Predator 2. Man, those marine missions were INTENSE.

Actually I didn't like the thief series at all so that's why they're not in the poll.

X-com is a terrific game, really, but it's just not scary at all. It has suspense, sure, but it has suspense like operation flashpoint has, you're just really careful 'cause there could be enemies anywhere, hence making you very nervous. Not actual fear, just jumpiness.

About HL2, many people seem to think Ravenholm is scary. What the hell.
Apparently I'm alone in thinking F.E.A.R. is the scariest shit out there. That game scared me more than any horror movie I have seen, EVER. And I've played great and scary games like AVP2, and STILL think F.E.A.R. beats it all. It's not the bad guys, it's the bits were you don't have to fight them that scared the shit out of me. Hearing radio chatter was a relief because you knew at least you wouldn't see that damned girl again for a while. Any of you actually finished that game? I've played that entire game alone at night. Sometimes I just couldn't take it anymore and I had to go watch some family guy to take my mind off it. I had none of those symptoms with other 'scary' games. Oh well.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6746|The Hague, Netherlands

hmm havn't played any of those games, but when i have to choose, i say the Pokemon series, you know how scary these bitches are sometimes

Last edited by -=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| (2006-03-27 06:18:11)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6751|Malaga, España

-=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| wrote:

hmm havn't played any of those games, but when i have to choose, i say the Pokemon series, you know how scary these bitches are sometimes
Yeah, i never touched a Gameboy again when i saw Jigglypuff on my screen with her big oversized evil eyes!!!!...god damn i threw that son of a bitch(gameboy) out of the window!

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-03-27 07:08:47)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
FEAR scared the shit out of me
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ethan Hunt
24/7 Ground Pounder
+3|6621|Muncie, IN
Fear, was very freaky; that girl that walks around really makes you wonder if you've lost your mind, wow that's scary

Absolutly get FEAR if you haven't played it. Very cool!
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
Amen brothers.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6702|San Francisco
Gabe and Tycho on F.E.A.R.:
https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6365/20051026l4ir.jpg
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6718|Sweden
What, you people really think that FEAR was scary???? Ok, a little perhaps, but it is THE most predictable game i have ever played. The only scary parts where the ones involving the girl, Z0mg shes nude in the end  *orgasm**orgasm**orgasm**orgasm**orgasm**orgasm**orgasm*
Skinnister
+43|6733|UK
well i can say Im a tough man when it comes to scary stuff no scary or pic has me kringe yet(yes not even rotten.com) but when I played Doom 3 at night I was shaking everytime I ran into those big scary demons...sniff sniff
bigelectricat
+3|6699
doom 3 is scary? after the first level of monster filled dark rooms you get tired of the same crap.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

bigelectricat wrote:

doom 3 is scary? after the first level of monster filled dark rooms you get tired of the same crap.
Yeah. AvP2 handled dark-area distribution better.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6768|San Antonio, Texas
FEAR got to your head man...SCARY!

No, really it was a good "scary" game.

(Doom 3 was good with that imp that climbed though the stairs at the beginning of the game...It was midnight and I had my surround sound maxed...)
agwood
+18|6647|I Fight for Bush !!
F.E.A.R. had no idea what to expect.. startled the shit out of me, the timing was superb.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6763|United States of America
I haven't gotten past the second friggin level on FEAR.  I just can't handle it.  As if the first level wasn't bad enough just walking around then out of nowhere BAM!  Hit in the head and can't do a thing.  The flashbacks are freaky too.  I just want a Minigun on that game at the start.  Not a lousy MP5 and a pistol.  Give me the Minigun and I will have a chance. My friend played the first level once at my place, he pissed his pants...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard