{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn
We've had numerous games over the past couple of decades that cater for those of us who enjoy horror/survival games. Examples of such would be the Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Alone In The Dark series. Other games probably worth mentioning, in no chronological order, are F.E.A.R., Doom 3, Dino Crisis, System Shock 2, etc, etc.

Since the day you began gaming, wot are the games that have either scared you the most, given you shocks when you least expect them, left you with nightmares afterwards and/or are frightening enough for you to play with the lights on?

Mine would have to be the first of the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget to include the scariest gaming moments you've ever experienced. Share them with us like some of the other members have already done. Cheers

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2008-02-09 18:56:46)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone
Doom3 for PC, Silent hill on Playstation.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary
BF 2, every time a new patch came out  :0
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6634|can

Superslim wrote:

Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6227|United Kingdom
FarCry made me jump a few times ... likewise Quake 4 and ... Bioshock was sometimes a bit ... word.
stef10
+173|6474|Denmark
FEAR at 2am.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England

TrashBlinD wrote:

Superslim wrote:

bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland
Resi never really scarerd me.
Oh playing Stalker with headphones on in the dark, the tension and atmosphere in that game is killer.
Hmmm, oh Ravensholme bit in HL, n thats bout it
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6518|Milkystania, yurop
Barbies dreamhouse adventures  Resident evil it was the music it gave me the creeps
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6713|Ireland | Monaghan

Silent hill many years ago on the first playstation I think it was, and the Resident Evils aswell, creeped the shit outta me.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
stef10
+173|6474|Denmark

Magpie wrote:

Barbies dreamhouse adventures  Resident evil it was the music it gave me the creeps
yea when serial-killer Ken is in the closet.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6662|The Netherlands
Bioshock
Jumped a couple of times with this one.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn

bennisboy wrote:

Oh playing Stalker with headphones on in the dark, the tension and atmosphere in that game is killer.
You never got scared the first time a zombie jumped out of a cupboard? Or the very first zombie that turns it's head in the first Resident Evil game? I think you come across it in the dining room or the room after it.

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2008-02-09 13:48:35)

bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

You never got scared the first time a zombie jumped out of a cupboard? Or the very first zombie that turns it's head in the first Resident Evil game? I think you come across it in the dining room or the room after it.
Strangely not really, guess it was cos I knew what was coming. I ususally for the build up worse than the actual stuff
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
The first time playing Ravenholm (in the dark with headphones was pretty scary). I do remember completely jumping when I turned round and my brother was there (lol)!
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6444|Cambridge, UK

Doom 3 (PC)
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5966|England

stef10 wrote:

FEAR at 2am.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn

bennisboy wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Strangely not really, guess it was cos I knew what was coming. I ususally for the build up worse than the actual stuff
And wot about the "lickers"? Or the "drain deimos"? And then there's the Nemesis from Resident Evil 3
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

And wot about the "lickers"? Or the "drain deimos"? And then there's the Nemesis from Resident Evil 3
nope, sorry
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
Undying FTW. The graphics are starting to age, but try it.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6170

stef10 wrote:

FEAR at 2am.
With 7.1 surround sound
greensprite
awsm
+13|6158|Germany
well
F.E.A.R.  and i am still scared of it
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6345|Troy, New York

stef10 wrote:

FEAR at 2am.
Agree
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6140|San Antonio, Texas
Dino Crisis. Those bodies kept turning up, and I was waiting for a raptor to bite someone's head off!
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6677|Espoo, Finland
FEAR, Doom 3 or other such games in the middle of the night with all lights turned out and wearing headphones.
Surround sound isn't scary, headphones blocking all external noise is.

Last edited by Gawwad (2008-02-09 14:22:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard