mikkel
+383|6643

Ollie wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

ya and 99.9 percent of heroin addicts start out on their mothers milk. way to fail at logic, i thought 'gateway drug' theory died in the 80s.
Marihuana and heroin are both drugs. Milk is not. If anyone is failing at logic, surely it's you, in trying to downplay the significance of the effect that the use of one drug has on the use of another drug by referring to a common denominator that is completely irrelevant to substance abuse.

It takes a special kind of ignorance to believe that desensitisation towards substance abuse doesn't bring about a significant potential to delve deeper into its facets. Many of us have seen it first hand. Most people here are up for sane discussions, but not if you stick your fingers in your ears and ignore what has been proven time and time again.
I think what Marinejuana was doing was employing a bit of hyperbole. He was trying to prove a point.
Obviously. What I'm saying is that that point is completely invalid, and that you need to go to extremes, beyond the realm of relevance, to make it sound even slightly reasonable.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|6026|Halifax, West Yorkshire

Magpie wrote:

jord wrote:

Magpie wrote:

jord wrote:

What the hell does that make me, a Pussy? Don't talk shit mate, you don't have guts to say no to it. The opportunity just hasn't risen for you yet. I wanted to try it out for myself and I did, I wasn't forced into it.

Guts, lolmaroffle.
I have been offered a shitload of times and everytime i have always declined. Me saying no to drugs is mostly due to when i was growing up the area was infested with drunks thiefs and druggies. And seeing shit like that all the time does make one think... This is my opinion about weed so dont go and get all upset now
A slight hint of aggression in my tone doesn't mean I'm upset. Though your extremely biased option is pretty poor, I smoked it and my financial situation or attitude didn't change. I turned down normal smokes when I was younger because I didn't want to do it, I wanted to try weed.
Its my opinion you dont need to like it
If you're going to take that attitude there's little point in being in DS&T.

mikkel wrote:

Ollie wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Marihuana and heroin are both drugs. Milk is not. If anyone is failing at logic, surely it's you, in trying to downplay the significance of the effect that the use of one drug has on the use of another drug by referring to a common denominator that is completely irrelevant to substance abuse.

It takes a special kind of ignorance to believe that desensitisation towards substance abuse doesn't bring about a significant potential to delve deeper into its facets. Many of us have seen it first hand. Most people here are up for sane discussions, but not if you stick your fingers in your ears and ignore what has been proven time and time again.
I think what Marinejuana was doing was employing a bit of hyperbole. He was trying to prove a point.
Obviously. What I'm saying is that that point is completely invalid, and that you need to go to extremes, beyond the realm of relevance, to make it sound even slightly reasonable.
Yeah but when you have some knowledge of fellow stoners who havn't advanced onto use of any harder drugs than weed. You begin to see how silly the "gateway theory" really is.
jord
+2,382|6720|The North, beyond the wall.

Magpie wrote:

jord wrote:

Magpie wrote:

I have been offered a shitload of times and everytime i have always declined. Me saying no to drugs is mostly due to when i was growing up the area was infested with drunks thiefs and druggies. And seeing shit like that all the time does make one think... This is my opinion about weed so dont go and get all upset now
A slight hint of aggression in my tone doesn't mean I'm upset. Though your extremely biased option is pretty poor, I smoked it and my financial situation or attitude didn't change. I turned down normal smokes when I was younger because I didn't want to do it, I wanted to try weed.
Wow.

I don't know what your problem is, hero. Too much bravery...
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6569|Milkystania, yurop

Ollie wrote:

Magpie wrote:

jord wrote:

If you're going to take that attitude there's little point in being in DS&T.

mikkel wrote:

Ollie wrote:

Yeah but when you have some knowledge of fellow stoners who havn't advanced onto use of any harder drugs than weed. You begin to see how silly the "gateway theory" really is.
Sigh I stated my opinion , you guys have a different opinion than me fine. Im not asking you to like my opinion but i find it pointless posting the same thing over and over. And what the hell does my attitude have to do with this? I stated that it was my opinion and that he did not have to like it thats not attitude, it was stating that he has his opinion and i have mine...

Edit: Messy txt

Last edited by Magpie (2008-02-05 12:58:13)

Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
You are just being stubborn refusing to even show an intrest in the facts behind our opinions. You failed to answer my question as to why people shouldn't be allowed to smoke marijuana, even when I asked twice. You also made to attempt no check the link which I posted earlier.

Last edited by Ollie (2008-02-05 13:06:24)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6871|Grapevine, TX
mikkel
+383|6643

Ollie wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Ollie wrote:

Well, read my post.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

mikkel wrote:

Ollie wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Well, read my post.
I think what I said was extremely relevant.
Magpie

Ollie wrote:

You are just being stubborn refusing to even show an intrest in the facts behind our opinions. You failed to answer my question as to why people shouldn't be allowed to smoke marijuana, even when I asked twice. You also made to attempt no check the link which I posted earlier.
That's nice for you and thanks for telling me that i did not click on that link since you clearly know everything about me.

Why ppl should not do it its a damm drug

It stays in ur body for ages

A hundred years ago they sold Opium and morphine as medication without any rules and in coca cola they used Cocaine...

They did not know better then whats our excuse?
Your hopefully grown up and know what damage a drug does to your body
Its your life live it how the hell you want
jord
+2,382|6720|The North, beyond the wall.

Magpie wrote:

Ollie wrote:

That's nice for you and thanks for telling me that i did not click on that link since you clearly know everything about me.

A hundred years ago they sold Opium and morphine as medication without any rules and in coca cola they used Cocaine...

The point is it doesn't do any hard. The research done is not conclusive...

Most things that are fun to do cause hard. Drinking does, Eating does, sitting on the internet posting on bf2s does.

----------

@mikkel

jord wrote:

You know why weed is a "step on drug"? Because it's the fucking safest one to try if you're curious. If you go on to Coke or Heroin you probably would of if Weed didn't exist.

It's like saying.- Oh I tried alcohol and like it, then I tried Weed, then I tried Shrooms, Then pills, then crack. I blame alcohol, make it illegal.-

Bullshit excuse, if weed wasn't so expensive I'd still do it. And I'm a sensible Sam.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6871|Grapevine, TX

Magpie wrote:

Umm you show me the facts of how long marijuana stays in the human body, since you brought it up...

I've never failed a piss test, smoking less than 12 hours before... and no I didnt use any over the counter durgs, bleach, or anything to "mask" it. I simply drank H2O
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

Magpie wrote:

Ollie wrote:

So really your only arguement is that "it stays in your body for ages". Opium and morphine(still used) are totally irrelavant to this arguement.

And if the effects of marijuana arn't harmful then whats the problem with THC staying in your body for ages?

Oh, and did you click the link? If so, my bad.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Umm you show me the facts of how long marijuana stays in the human body, since you brought it up...
I'm pretty sure it's a widely accepted fact that THC stays in your body for a few weeks. Because it is fat soluble and takes a while to break down.

Last edited by Ollie (2008-02-05 13:34:57)

Magpie

jord wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Ollie wrote:

The point is it doesn't do any hard. The research done is not conclusive...

Most things that are fun to do cause hard. Drinking does, Eating does, sitting on the internet posting on bf2s does.

----------

@mikkel

jord wrote:

You know why weed is a "step on drug"? Because it's the fucking safest one to try if you're curious. If you go on to Coke or Heroin you probably would of if Weed didn't exist.

It's like saying.- Oh I tried alcohol and like it, then I tried Weed, then I tried Shrooms, Then pills, then crack. I blame alcohol, make it illegal.-

Bullshit excuse, if weed wasn't so expensive I'd still do it. And I'm a sensible Sam.
We can agree that we disagree and im going to leave it at that...
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

Magpie wrote:

Don't take this as a flame but that's a typical response of someone who is beaten and not man enough to accept they were wrong.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6872|Denver colorado
Waste of time IMO. But I have no problems with anybody who likes it.. fuck. legalizing it would solve more problems then its prevented.
Magpie

Ollie wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Don't take this as a flame but that's a typical response of someone who is beaten and not man enough to accept they were wrong.
Dude its not about winning and losing its a discussion, not a pissing contest

I wrote that since I feel that whatever i write it will not make a difference.

All i can tell you is read up about the documented side effects about weed , don't ask for a link use google like everyone else
Sgt.Gene
+215|6806
*Waits for Kmal to post*
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6727|West Yorkshire, U.K
I have to agree with both sides of the arguement, but I dont want to go into detail and start argueing with Ollie
PluggedValve
+17|6382

Varegg wrote:

Weed is often the first step to other drugs later on ...
Is that what they told you??  Alchohol is a much bigger "gateway drug".  I dont know anyone that smoked a J and then decided that they should snort some coke, then upgrade to smoking it.

FYI i am familiar/ connected (not as a dealer per say but close) with the crowd and it is usually a drunk person that tries crack for the first time.  Almost always a drunk person.  Then in the morning they have a new craving that stays with them for life.  But it aint because weed "opened the door for them", its because they were drunk and made a bad decision, go figure.
mikkel
+383|6643

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

Curiosity killed the cat. That saying exists for a reason. You can't really expect anyone to seriously believe that being eased into substance abuse builds absolutely no foundation for going further. That's simply absurd.

Everything in life today that requires you to learn or familiarise yourself with anything is based off of the concept of gradual introduction. That's not a result of chance, but a result of centuries of experience recognising that this is the best way to introduce a subject to any given field.

As with any introduction, some will feel that what they're being introduced to isn't for them, others will settle for what they've learned, and others again will be interested in learning more.

I really don't see anything constructive in arguing with hundreds of years of practical application, so I'll still say that "soft" drugs serve as an introduction to a world that isn't always "soft", and, while some people know how to say stop, I don't think I need to hit up google to convince you that many people just don't.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

Magpie wrote:

Ollie wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Dude its not about winning and losing its a discussion, not a pissing contest

I wrote that since I feel that whatever i write it will not make a difference.

All i can tell you is read up about the documented side effects about weed , don't ask for a link use google like everyone else
I think this is more of a "debate" than a "discussion". I'm just getting frustrated because of your inability to produce any hard evidence, lack of experiance and blatant stubborness. Also the fact that you point me vaguely in the direction of google as if to prove a point.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

mikkel wrote:

jord wrote:

jord wrote:

I really don't see anything constructive in arguing with hundreds of years of practical application, so I'll still say that "soft" drugs serve as an introduction to a world that isn't always "soft", and, while some people know how to say stop, I don't think I need to hit up google to convince you that many people just don't.
Right, so you must agree that alcohol should be banned too because it leads to other drug abuse? Just because the drug is illigal dosn't mean people automatically seek out more ilicit drugs.

And you seem to be contradicting yourself all through that post. As with everything else in life, "some people will, some people wont". I fail to see your point.

PS: Sorry for the double post.

Last edited by Ollie (2008-02-05 14:03:57)

mikkel
+383|6643

Ollie wrote:

mikkel wrote:

jord wrote:

Right, so you must agree that alcohol should be banned too because it leads to other drug abuse? Just because the drug is illigal dosn't mean people automatically seek out more ilicit drugs.

And you seem to be contradicting yourself all through that post. As with everything else in life, "some people will, some people wont". I fail to see your point.

Could you point out exactly how I'm contradicting myself? Also, why are you working with the assumption that I think that alcohol is a great thing?
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

mikkel wrote:

Ollie wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Could you point out exactly how I'm contradicting myself? Also, why are you working with the assumption that I think that alcohol is a great thing?
I'm not at all. I'm asking you whether you think it should be banned, because it is after all a drug.

And the contradiction is that you are favouring both sides of the arguement. "Some people will go on to other drugs from using cannabis, and some wont". Is it not exactly the same with alcohol, and if not, why not?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6003|Washington DC
Somalia is in anarchy, how can it be illegal?

And really, we arrest way too many people for smoking weed. It's against the law, okay... doesn't mean we should spend more time and money arresting blazed college kids instead of hunting down murderers, rapists, thieves etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard