h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6352|Troy, New York
Is it possible? Probable even?
I am looking at this laptop:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … 5599780039
Completely Awsm, except for the processor, which is fine, but not particularly great. Does any one know if you could upgrade that processor? (or if anyone has one and upgraded or whatever).
Thanks and Karma for good answers.

Last edited by h4hagen (2008-02-02 16:38:14)

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6510|Gold Coast
Uhhh, I dont think you can. And if you acutally can, its gonna cost an arm for the processor, and the other arm for the installation.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
aimless
+166|6124|Texas
I'm sure you could do it yourself if you wanted to.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6615|UCF
No, you can't. Everything in a laptop is soldered in place, and if they aren't, all laptops are built like a thorough bred horse, they are at their peak when you get them and trying to make it better will kill it.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6595|Michigan, USA

vpyroman wrote:

No, you can't. Everything in a laptop is soldered in place, and if they aren't, all laptops are built like a thorough bred horse, they are at their peak when you get them and trying to make it better will kill it.
Not true, upgrading the ram is possible, and a common upgrade on laptops, as not all come maxed out on ram for their given price ranges.
Slarty
+37|5963|Ingerland
Just try taking a laptop apart though!!

I tried once a few years ago, 200 screws later and I had the case off

Last edited by Slarty (2008-02-02 20:39:07)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6759|San Antonio, Texas
About the only thing you can upgrade on a laptop is RAM, HDDs, and sometimes video cards. Other then that, you get what you got.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2008-02-02 20:42:22)

jaymz9350
+54|6576
It is possible to change a cpu in a laptop but probably not very economical.  When you used to be able to use a laptop processor in a desktop system (like an XP-M or socket 754 Turion) you cold sell your current one to ease the cost a bit.

I know my laptop (about 2 yrs old) it is not that difficult to remove and replace the processor. yeah there are quite a few screws holding everything together but it's not like it takes 4 Hrs to do it.  All those that say you can't change anything in a laptop have probably never tried.  I can remove the memory, Harddrive, processor, dvd drive and even the built in wireless card with little effort. the processor took maybe a half hour (to remove, clean, change TIM and replace), everything else is accessible with just a couple screws.

Last edited by jaymz9350 (2008-02-02 21:40:56)

Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6234|United Kingdom
nice vid card in that =0
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6177
Yeah, nice PC, BUT it was priced at 1250 yesterday

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard