o wut?
+78|6536

zomg!

Thats a sexy front page.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6654|Washington DC

Bull3t wrote:

Ugh! I love BF2s so much. It will be hard to break the addiction but I guess we must move on at some point right? Right!

So let's give this Trackr a shot and see what we can do.
trackr is being worked on by BF2s people ... none of us want to lose the community's feel, so hopefully it will be seamless.  Some things will work a little differently because of the new engine, but the new features you get with drupal really make it a great direction to go.

M.O.A.B wrote:

Can I make a request? Can we have a section for like machinima movies so its easier to recruit people to help pls?
As a member, you could create a machinima movies group if you want, and you determine who is in and how information is posted for your group.

Simon wrote:

Chuy, will there be something like a general 'review team' or just several teams each dedicated to a different game, bringing in the latest gossip/news etc - not necessarily done by mods or admins, but by members who are involved in the 'scene' for that game.

And yes, I read -  'Reviews & News
More specific than "[Current Event]" in a post title, this will let us put together presentable, themed reviews and news about the games we're rocking.'

But who exactly is us?
The way that the site runs, members can write and submit a game review, a game release, etc. much like a writer at a newspaper.   The article is then presented to the moderators for "publishing" should they choose to approve it for presentation on the site.  This would work similar to the way that a member could write on the BF2 forum, but it requires a moderator to move it over to the featured "Techniques, Strategies, and Guides" section.

I haven't seen a discussion about "who" could write.  If this isn't open to every member, then I'm assuming that a member could at least request access in order to be able to submit their work.

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Oh

What'll the avatar/sig rules be like?
Presently, avatars are a little larger (80x200) ... sigs are the same size.

Forum rules, overall, are the same.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5937|CA
I am greatly saddened by this news.  BF2S has been a standard stop of mine for over 2 years now, and BF2 is pretty much the only online game that I have played over that period.  Thanks to all the people who have put hours of effort in the making this site a success, especially Chuy.
Wow, I kinda feel like my dog just died.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6295|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

GravyDan wrote:

I am greatly saddened by this news.  BF2S has been a standard stop of mine for over 2 years now, and BF2 is pretty much the only online game that I have played over that period.  Thanks to all the people who have put hours of effort in the making this site a success, especially Chuy.
It's not dying, it's merely grown up....

Or reincarnated, depending on what you believe. D:
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Master*
Banned
+416|6500|United States
Will it look similar/exactly like this site?
Will Karma be gone?
Will I have to make a new account?
Will this site go down?

I honestly think this wont work, my 2 cents.
OrangeHound

cowami wrote:

GravyDan wrote:

It's not dying, it's merely grown up....

Or reincarnated, depending on what you believe. D:
More like moving from a cramped 1 bedroom apartment, and into a spacious new home with swimming pool, game room, bar, home gym, and 2 acre backyard where we can play paintball.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6714|Germany

Master* wrote:

Will Karma be gone?
Will this site go down?

Did you even read maybe some of the other posts in here ?
Every question answered.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5966|Washington DC

Master* wrote:

Will Karma be gone?
Will this site go down?

No, I think so, I hope not but oh well, and murk loar... the site will be up but posting and registering for BF2s forums will be disabled
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6530|South Florida

Master* wrote:

Will Karma be gone?
Will this site go down?

2 of those questions are answered in the first post.
Orangehound confirmed the karma will be gone a few posts ago.
And there isnt a diffinative answer on whether we have to make a new account, but if Chuy can figure out how to migrate the users over we wont, if he cant, then we will need new accs.

Just read.
15 more years! 15 more years!
OrangeHound

Master* wrote:

Will Karma be gone?
Will this site go down?

OK ... we'll miss you. 
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6295|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

HurricaИe wrote:

Master* wrote:

Will Karma be gone?
Will this site go down?

No, I think so, I hope not but oh well, and murk loar... the site will be up but posting and registering for BF2s forums will be disabled
In short, the same thing that happened with the temp forums after BF2s came back online.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Brasso
+1,549|6635

HurricaИe wrote:

Master* wrote:

Will Karma be gone?
Will this site go down?

Maybe we should have a FAQ list?

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-02-02 09:07:22)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
kptk92
u
+972|6413|tc_london

OrangeHound wrote:

Master* wrote:

Will Karma be gone?
Will this site go down?

OK ... we'll miss you. 
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6729|Doncaster, England
When you decorate your home to make it look nicer, it's still your home.

It's just going to be strange after more than 2 years of this, I hope it feels the same 

I will be there though.
Brasso
+1,549|6635

jamesb wrote:

It's just going to be strange after more than 2 years of this, I hope it feels the same 

I will be there though.
I agree, I've grown to love the colors and PunBB layout, but I guess it's not the home, it's the inhabitants...right?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6530|South Florida

haffeysucks wrote:

jamesb wrote:

I will be there though.
I agree, I've grown to love the colors and PunBB layout, but I guess it's not the home, it's the inhabitants...right?
That is so true.
In a way i feel this might be bringing us together somehow??
15 more years! 15 more years!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5966|Washington DC
I'm not on the dev team but I can safely say that you guys will like the color scheme...
kptk92
u
+972|6413|tc_london
Group hug <3
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6347|Atlanta, Georgia
Ya im gonna miss ole bf2. It just feels like the community is gonna be FARTHER apart. I guess its just me. Yea the Veteran badges are a neat idea ^_^!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6746|OctoLand
Whilst I think getting rid of karma is a good idea, I think a similar system should be in place (I posted this idea some time ago on these forums).

A respected user rating, where any member can respect any other member by adding them to their respected user list, if they feel they dont respect the user anymore, they remove them from their list.

As a result, the number of users respecting you will be shown as a number like karma. This also eliminates the idea of karma padding.

This system works very well on other forums I use.

Trackr looks great though, this is gonna be a great move.

Last edited by justice (2008-02-02 09:16:25)

I know fucking karate
Master*
Banned
+416|6500|United States

Mitch wrote:

Master* wrote:

Will Karma be gone?
Will this site go down?

2 of those questions are answered in the first post.
Orangehound confirmed the karma will be gone a few posts ago.
And there isnt a diffinative answer on whether we have to make a new account, but if Chuy can figure out how to migrate the users over we wont, if he cant, then we will need new accs.

Just read.
Yea I did read, I just want straight answers Not this http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p1865219
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6570|Area 51

Snake wrote:

Ahhh ha, the secret no longer has to be kept

I can say it now, a lot of us are working very hard on the website, layout and content, and getting information over.
The homepage is leet as you can see

This is definitly better in the long run, and the way that everything is unified is just simply brilliant. A lot of the hassles of bf2s will be a thing of the past. Chuy, and everyone else, has done an awesome job so far - and its only going to get better.
Ahah! That was the secret you couldnt tell me about
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6498|N. Ireland

OrangeHound wrote:

OK ... we'll miss you. 
Guys, don't think of this as the end of BF2s; but more the beginning of Trackr. Once you've moved over, I guarantee that you'll love it and wonder just why you were sad beforehand. Sure, a lot will be different.. but change is a good thing! Let's face it, having www.bf2s.com / www.cod4s.com / www.tf2s.com etc all wouldn't be the best. This way, the entire community gets rolled together nice and smoothly.

We've all been working tirelessly* and I know that you'll go "wow" once you see the site in action.. You guys will love it !!

*Should I tell them about all the free beers chuy sent to us? Or just...leave that detail out and make it look like it was hell. Those chicks were hot. We're *so* doing that again.

Last edited by kylef (2008-02-02 09:19:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard