Poll

Which is the most humane method of execution?

Lethal Injection44%44% - 54
Hanging7%7% - 9
Firing Squad21%21% - 26
Electrocution5%5% - 7
Lethal Gas e.g. hydrogen cyanide5%5% - 7
Hypoxia through the use of nitrogen14%14% - 18
Total: 121
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6421|'Murka

Lethal injection, if done correctly.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6581|USA
build a robot that can shoot the fucker. then nobody feels bad for murder.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6470|UK
I picked hanging wish I could change my choice, that gas one sounds good but you know someone will have a go about it.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6695|United States of America

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Balok77 wrote:

an eye for an eye and we would all be blind

killing is never justifiable
an eye for an eye would make it so everyone only had one eye.  we could still function, not as well, but it'd work.
Yeah, Dilios had one eye and he's awesome!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6421|'Murka

And you could totally fuck with someone from their blind side...massive fun at parties.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Sambuccashake
+126|6620|Sweden
Hypoxia through the use of nitrogen

Also, all cells on Death Row should be sealed tight so that the punishment can be performed at any given time.
Preferably when the prisoner sleeps.

Hopefully this will reduce stress and anxiety.

But then again, living in a cell that can kill you at any given moment would probably keep you on your toes anyway but...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

Most humane, IMO, is lethal injection. But to be honest, we shouldn't be concerned with how humane an execution is when it comes to executing guilty criminals put on death row for a reason.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco
Null Vote.  If you really think about it, there really is no Humane way to kill another person, since the killing in and of itself is not a humane thing to do.
Balok77
+28|6158
Stupid hippies?????

I bet a substantial sum that your from America
wensleydale8
+81|6779|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
Personnally I think they should use a firing squad because not alot can go wrong then.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6666|The View From The Afternoon
I say kill the bastard by dropping a large rock on his head multiple times.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6681|UK
being sexed to death by a chick with big jubblies.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6650
Firing squad... Quick and painless.
imortal
+240|6675|Austin, TX

ThaReaper wrote:

Firing squad... Quick and painless.
Well, quick and painless for the public... for the poor blindfolded schmoe with the cigarette hanging from his lips?  Perhaps less so....

Mind you, I am not saying it is a bad idea.  I am a big believer in public executions.  Grusome and bloody, and high school students should be forced to watch one a year until they graduate.  Just to remind them of concequences.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Force people in high school to watch people being killed?  Wow, that's brutal.
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.
Reminds me of that scene in Schindlers list where that Nazi officers pistol jams and he tries to fix it and keeps pulling the trigger.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6157|Texas
The real question is, why are people worried about being humane towards serial killers and rapists?
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.

GGF0RCE wrote:

The real question is, why are people worried about being humane towards serial killers and rapists?
Because when you torture someone wrongly convicted and then find out they were innocent. It makes a few people a tad... Angry...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6576|England

Shot in the head by firing squad. Instant death.

Although, if they can commit such offenses against the innocent public, then they deserve everything they fucking get.

OOoo, wait a minute. We dont kill our serial murderers. We pay for their food for the rest of their life. Good ole England
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6478

adam1503 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Guillotine. Seriously, absolutely zero pain.
Nope.  The head can live on for several minutes after being severed from the body.  I imagine it would sting a little...
I asked my old Biology teacher and he says it can't.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6655
Firing squad for sure, bullet to the head fastest way to die.
DesertFox-

blademaster wrote:

Firing squad for sure, bullet to the head fastest way to die.
But if I were to be shot, I would want it in the heart. I don't want a splattered head for my funeral.

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Guillotine. Seriously, absolutely zero pain.
Nope.  The head can live on for several minutes after being severed from the body.  I imagine it would sting a little...
I asked my old Biology teacher and he says it can't.
I believe it's only a few seconds is how long it would stay alive.
Ryan
+1,230|6853|Alberta, Canada

Lethal Injection. It doesn't cause the person any pain, and they slowly die.
Anything else is inhumane and unjust.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA
Please hurry up and decide which is the most humane way to execute murderers and serial killers, ( wishing to add rapists, multiple dangerous felons, child molesters) so I can make sure we don't use it.
DesertFox-

Ryan wrote:

Lethal Injection. It doesn't cause the person any pain, and they slowly die.
Anything else is inhumane and unjust.
It shouldn't cause pain. Every style of execution has been botched in the past, plus you've got the cut-down procedure that is apparently quite painful.

Note: Don't use needle drugs and then get on death row.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard