stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Bullshit, plain and simple.

Since the time that European travelers came to the future United States, they had slaves, and if not slaves, they worked on the native peoples. That continued into and past the formation of the United States. The Civil War effectively ended slavery in the US, but not general racism.

Then 1955 rolled around. Rosa Parks did and extraordinarily bold move on that bus in Montgomery, that sparked the Civil Rights movement, which changed our nation forever. The African American community was moving up to a level never thought before. Things were doing fantastic as such a situation would allow. No more discrimination at water fountains or restaurants (legally). The white man and black man, working together in the melting pot that is America...

Now, enough of the hopeful shit.

I speak generally, for all races in the United States, including Whites. You never wanted to be equal and the same. You just wanted to be able to do what your neighbor could do, and then be better than him in the end.

Class breakdown:

Mexican/Hispanic: A beautiful culture, wonderful people. Too bad most of those people stayed in their native land. Being from Southern California, I see my share of problems.

Mexicans around here REFUSE to intermingle with others. They won't learn the language, they won't get an education. They won't get decent jobs if the offer is put in front of them. They speak under their breath for all white people around them.
--The kicker. Do NOT rally in MY country for rights as an AMERICAN CITIZEN for 2 reasons.

1. If you are not one to begin with
2. You refuse to pick up at least some aspects of American life

African Americans:

https://www.room111heroes.com/jackson05.jpg

https://www.nec.edu/Academics/departments/polisci/images/as2.jpg

Because of these two men, I refuse to believe any Civil Rights violation lawsuit. I mean seriously, Slavery was shitty and all, but that was 150 fucking years ago. Its hard to try and help out someone, when they hate you, and distance themselves from you as much as possible.

Case in point: I don't know a ton of black kids, but the ones I do know are like damn time bombs. Everything comes down to race in the end. Sure, its fine that you call me 'whitey' or 'cracker' all day, but the INSTANT I call you a 'nigger', I am fired, expelled, arrested. Fair? No.

I have never seen such a cultural u-turn in my life. Although you may think that the System is keeping you down, it really isn't. Go out into the world and prove yourself... Shouldn't be too hard with Affirmative Action anywho (Also bullshit, but thats another discussion)

These are the two big players. Asians, if you have noticed, are not up here. Why? Because they get the idea. Most, if not all, are perusing their version of the American Dream. Plus, the diversity of Asian cultures brings a lot to the table.

Call it racist or not, this is my general opinion... But remember, there are always exceptions.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

and the ending...

Last edited by S.Lythberg (2008-01-08 19:39:39)

SealXo
+309|6506

stryyker wrote:

Bullshit, plain and simple.

Since the time that European travelers came to the future United States, they had slaves, and if not slaves, they worked on the native peoples. That continued into and past the formation of the United States. The Civil War effectively ended slavery in the US, but not general racism.

Then 1955 rolled around. Rosa Parks did and extraordinarily bold move on that bus in Montgomery, that sparked the Civil Rights movement, which changed our nation forever. The African American community was moving up to a level never thought before. Things were doing fantastic as such a situation would allow. No more discrimination at water fountains or restaurants (legally). The white man and black man, working together in the melting pot that is America...

Now, enough of the hopeful shit.

I speak generally, for all races in the United States, including Whites. You never wanted to be equal and the same. You just wanted to be able to do what your neighbor could do, and then be better than him in the end.

Class breakdown:

Mexican/Hispanic: A beautiful culture, wonderful people. Too bad most of those people stayed in their native land. Being from Southern California, I see my share of problems.

Mexicans around here REFUSE to intermingle with others. They won't learn the language, they won't get an education. They won't get decent jobs if the offer is put in front of them. They speak under their breath for all white people around them.
--The kicker. Do NOT rally in MY country for rights as an AMERICAN CITIZEN for 2 reasons.

African Americans:

http://www.room111heroes.com/jackson05.jpg

http://www.nec.edu/Academics/department … es/as2.jpg

Because of these two men, I refuse to believe any Civil Rights violation lawsuit. I mean seriously, Slavery was shitty and all, but that was 150 fucking years ago. Its hard to try and help out someone, when they hate you, and distance themselves from you as much as possible.

Case in point: I don't know a ton of black kids, but the ones I do know are like damn time bombs. Everything comes down to race in the end. Sure, its fine that you call me 'whitey' or 'cracker' all day, but the INSTANT I call you a 'nigger', I am fired, expelled, arrested. Fair? No.

I have never seen such a cultural u-turn in my life. Although you may think that the System is keeping you down, it really isn't. Go out into the world and prove yourself... Shouldn't be too hard with Affirmative Action anywho (Also bullshit, but thats another discussion)

These are the two big players. Asians, if you have noticed, are not up here. Why? Because they get the idea. Most, if not all, are perusing their version of the American Dream. Plus, the diversity of Asian cultures brings a lot to the table.

Call it racist or not, this is my general opinion... But remember, there are always exceptions.
damn right
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
White:

One of the most coddled races by far. In many cases after generations of financial success, they believe that the world is geared toward them and that other races are out to get them and their shallow cultural identity. They have very few trends and traditions solely their own, so either fear other cultures ways or try to assimilate bastardized versions into their own culture.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

White:

One of the most coddled races by far. In many cases after generations of financial success, they believe that the world is geared toward them and that other races are out to get them and their shallow cultural identity. They have very few trends and traditions solely their own, so either fear other cultures ways or try to assimilate bastardized versions into their own culture.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
do asians next
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

White:

Are you joking?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France

stryyker wrote:

Hey Reggie White,
I know plenty of Americans who aren't educated and don't get decent jobs.  Furthermore, if you define "American life" you'll find it includes other races.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

or try to assimilate bastardized versions into their own culture.
https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/dantes44/wigger.jpg

not my culture...

not a culture at all really, more of a lack of culture.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

SenorToenails wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

White:

Are you joking?
do you not see the extremes in the other examples?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

White:

Are you joking?
I do, I do.  It's hard to detect sarcasm from pure text, so I thought I would just ask.
Flaming_Maniac

SenorToenails wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Are you joking?
I do, I do.  It's hard to detect sarcasm from pure text, so I thought I would just ask.
Bit of fiction bit of fact, as with all the examples in the OP. I was just trying to provide some perspective. And you're right, it can be hard to tell with what intentions people are saying something on the internet.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
One thing.

The civil rights movement didn't start in Montgomery. It started several years before, in Brown vs. Board of Ed.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Personally, I think the biggest impediment to eradicating racism is the "hyphenation" of groups here in the US. It prevents everyone from belonging to the same group (American). Belonging to the same group is the first step toward working together...you must have common ground. That is one reason why racism in the military is so rare. Everyone belongs to the same group and has common experiences to build upon.

I'm not saying different ethnic groups shouldn't keep their cultural traditions--those are critical. But viewing yourself as something other than American first (Asian-American, African-American, Italian-American, etc) implies two things: 1) the "non-American" aspect (for lack of a better term) is more important than being just "American" and 2) you are different than others not in "your" group (and, conversely, they are different than you). Raising the differences while minimizing the similarities is a recipe for fail.

It is possible to maximize the similarities while still embracing the differences.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

White:

Ummmm, Most of the white people you are referring to came to America with little or nothing in their pockets, hardly coddled. Some came as indentured servants themselves. These people came here to BUILD their own American dream. Which means they pulled their pants up from off of their fuckin' asses and went to work and build it, without blaming everyone else for  their failures.

Perhaps whites do not have trends and traditions solely our own, because we put being American first and not AFRICAN American, or MEXICAN American. While you try and figure out YOUR heritage from 200 years ago and  figure out how much "whitey" owes you for being black, the rest of us are building our own personal dreams. GO to work, give it a try. Oh but wait, any successful black person in America is viewed as a "sell out" to whitey by the black community. Oh well I guess just keep plugging away at your fashion trends, for whitey to adopt and figuring out ways to get everything for nothing. Hence the race  ( credit ) card .
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

I can see what you mean, but I don't think you can say everyone is like that.
My views on racism is as follows:
Hispanic people: stop complaining about white people, integrate yourself into society - lots of these people have jobs though
Black people: stop living in the past, stop using the word "nigger" entirely (that goes for everyone)
White people: stop looking down on everyone else
Asian people: ... doing good so far

-konfusion
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Slavery was shitty and all, but that was 150 fucking years ago.
Segregation ended fairly recently, parts of the US I have seen are still thoroughly racist today.
White supremacy is effectively in place now.

The whole 'african-american' (good post FEOS) victim/entitlement thing has swung too far though.
I guess the other races, asians etc, don't have this problem as they didn't go through slavery.

I'm not sure why chips on shoulders pass down generations but it seems to happen.
Australians are sensitive about their convict past, British and French, Chinese and Japanese despise each other.

I think the US problems will become more entrenched and not be solved.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
eEyOrE
LINKS 2 3 4
+14|5966|Berlin, Germany
its hard to take some black people serious when they complain about how the society fucks them up the ass when they are the once who turned their back on society.....i mean, exchanging people like M.L.K and others for 50 cent and soulja boy just isnt a good idea
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

konfusion wrote:

I can see what you mean, but I don't think you can say everyone is like that.
My views on racism is as follows:
Hispanic people: stop complaining about white people, integrate yourself into society - lots of these people have jobs though
Black people: stop living in the past, stop using the word "nigger" entirely (that goes for everyone)
White people: stop looking down on everyone else
Asian people: ... doing good so far

-konfusion
Of course I don't view everyone like that, there is white trash as well, not every white person is a success. The common denominator is, both races who do not succeed in some measure, is personal choices, and irresponsibility not "whitey", keeping ya down. It is YOU keeping YOU down.

I gauge people on their merit not their race. I respect everyone that builds their dreams regardless of race, and wouldn't piss on ANYONE that blames EVERYONE for their failures.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

lowing wrote:

Of course I don't view everyone like that, there is white trash as well, not every white person is a success. The common denominator is, both races who do not succeed in some measure, is personal choices, and irresponsibility not "whitey", keeping ya down. It is YOU keeping YOU down.

I gauge people on their merit not their race. I respect everyone that builds their dreams regardless of race, and wouldn't piss on ANYONE that blames EVERYONE for their failures.
Yeah, blame gets passed around way too much. It's always "the man"'s fault...

-konfusion
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
I was going to address the whole thing, but there's no point.  Pure and simple BS.  Nice racist comments you did there.  GG.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

FEOS wrote:

Personally, I think the biggest impediment to eradicating racism is the "hyphenation" of groups here in the US. It prevents everyone from belonging to the same group (American). Belonging to the same group is the first step toward working together...you must have common ground. That is one reason why racism in the military is so rare. Everyone belongs to the same group and has common experiences to build upon.

I'm not saying different ethnic groups shouldn't keep their cultural traditions--those are critical. But viewing yourself as something other than American first (Asian-American, African-American, Italian-American, etc) implies two things: 1) the "non-American" aspect (for lack of a better term) is more important than being just "American" and 2) you are different than others not in "your" group (and, conversely, they are different than you). Raising the differences while minimizing the similarities is a recipe for fail.

It is possible to maximize the similarities while still embracing the differences.
Agreed. We got the same shit here

"British-Asian" etc.. imo, it's bullshit. Besides, most "Asians" don't like being grouped into one section. It's a pretty fucking big continent.
Flaming_Maniac

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

White:

Ummmm, Most of the white people you are referring to came to America with little or nothing in their pockets, hardly coddled. Some came as indentured servants themselves. These people came here to BUILD their own American dream. Which means they pulled their pants up from off of their fuckin' asses and went to work and build it, without blaming everyone else for  their failures.

Perhaps whites do not have trends and traditions solely our own, because we put being American first and not AFRICAN American, or MEXICAN American. While you try and figure out YOUR heritage from 200 years ago and  figure out how much "whitey" owes you for being black, the rest of us are building our own personal dreams. GO to work, give it a try. Oh but wait, any successful black person in America is viewed as a "sell out" to whitey by the black community. Oh well I guess just keep plugging away at your fashion trends, for whitey to adopt and figuring out ways to get everything for nothing. Hence the race  ( credit ) card .
Now apply the same energy in picking apart the arguments for the other races.

This was really my point, white people aren't nearly as bad as the pseudo-facts I posted here, as blacks and hispanics aren't all as bad as what was posted in the OP. Not having any perspective to be able to talk about your own race in the same fashion as you talk about others is where real racism is.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ
"American life".

HA!

I too considered taking on the entire post but it seems sooo hopeless...
ƒ³
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6520|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Humans are a funny bunch, we want to be treated as equals but at the same time have our individual identities recognised.  Just one of life's paradoxes I guess.

As for Rosa Parks, I heard she started getting a bit cocky after the seat incident.  She then stopped giving up her seat for disabled people, then she started to stand forward of the sign and even once talked to the driver whilst the bus was in motion.  I guess power just went to her head

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard