I don't like gay men in black swimsuits4%4% - 10
I can't install SF, heeelp meeee :(2%2% - 5
All of the above8%8% - 20
Your option25%25% - 63
Total: 249
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City

FunKz wrote:

SF is too slow, even on the 64 servers. IE Iron gator........MEC are screwed getting onto the carrier even with good players, only people who really have a chance are in the Hind.

Theres lots of walking around and not much action, for infantry maps, there needs to be more bottlenecks, not big wide open spaces.
This is my reason exactly... The maps seem bigger, and more open, and you wonder around a lot looking for people. I want to see a Strike at Karand Night Map... THEN I might like them... Otherwise, the giant open areas + dark just make it harder to find people.
Pizall
+0|6697|N.C.
I to do not like the night maps. Plus it is hard to get use to the new maps for some reason. If the night maps were more like the Battlefield Vietnam night maps it would be better I think, at least you could see what was going on around you to a certain degree. As far as that weapons are consernd I could take them are leave them dont really care. I find my self still wanting to play BF2 maps. I am kind of sorry that I even bought that SF pack. There is nothing there to really offer me to want to play it now.
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6669|İstanbul,Türkiye
Yep its hard to whore veichles coz lots of the flags at high gorund and usually there is a AT person every roof, hard to spawn kill . I only play at ghost town i even find a server that only ghost town and i whore the apache like hell. Helicopter rockets at sf too overpowered but helis are hard to fly espcailly mi-17(worse than mi-28 at least 28 has hell of a turret). Whenever i want to play with chopper i open ghost town.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6728|Brixham, UK
Other: I like SF. Some of the maps are a little poor (Iron Gater) but the rest I really like.

Last edited by DUFFKING (2005-12-31 04:50:10)

thinner44
+1|6780
I don't like night maps, but I found a 'daylight only' server and I'm happy with that.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6815|United Kingdom
the gunners guns on the choppers are utter crap do no damage whatsoever, especially when the pilots rockets do a crazy amount of damage
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
I'm not a big fan of the night maps.
Also whenever I join a server of vanilla I can jump right in and start a blasting and making kills.
Whenever I join a server of SF you cant just start tunning and blasting, it takes a whole lot more strategic shit to cut it thru SF.
I know thats what SF is all about but I'm gonna say ill stick with Vanilla.

*PS. Ghost Town is teh hawt seks<3*
[KCJ]DeadRed
+1|6702
-night maps blow
-verify sequence is retarded
-reduced fps
-rediculously shitty MEC weapons compared to Allied
-many of the maps lack (to me anyway) the balance that vanilla has

the unlocks were cool though, I was getting bored of the same old bs
Sluggit
+3|6688|Sweden
>broggi< played a lot of SF, got all the Gold’s.

What DICE have done is that they added another “filter” for the night vision so you also need a 7800 card now to run smoothly. What we all here seem to like is the close combat, (City Maps) infantry close range fighting and that did not DICE know off this when they begun working on SF.

I also find it annoying with the night vision and gasmask and there is no map with that real bottleneck effect as in Karkand, but again DICE did not know any of this when they started working on SF.

The Flash bang is also way too overrated in reality it’s only used inside buildings and do not light up nearly as much in daylight outside as in the game!

This need to be fixed as well!!
B.Supreme6
+0|6662
I only play for "Warlord" and "Ghost Town".  Maps such as Devils Perch suck because of the nightvisions recoil to bright light. Otherwise the only noticed slowdown is on "Iron Gator". I also think they should even out the weapons, some of the insurgent and mec weapons are the same which is totally unfair against bunny-hopping F2000GL's.

*P.S. EA-bring in the OLCW*
chitlin
Banned
+36|6733
my game runs fine with night maps and i got a 6800gt

i think sf rox night maps are cool altough moving from light sources irritate me but thats just part of it ...

i go back to bf2 to play chopper / planes but if i am doing infantry its sf ^^

i cant believe people still play karkand 24/7 for hundreds of hours when theres alot more options...
B.Supreme6
+0|6662
I run a ati x800 with 1 gig ram. Also Pentium D, the only problem i have is servers with high ping ESPECIALLY ONES RUNNING IRON GATOR
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

i love it, Warlord is infantry battle paradice and awp city all in onw
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6739|Human Meat Shield
night maps mostly, but I've been playing more because I like Warlord/Surge/Mass. I wasn't used to playing something new, was still getting used to the old BF2; mind you, I've never played FPS or online. I like SF alot and find myself with only a little time but I wasn't confident with something new, I am still trying to get my K/D up for myself, but I really don't care about the stats so now I play, but overall its the lag.

The lag really bites, people skipping everywhere. Even on the day maps everything seems too dark except for Iron Gator. I like it because people can't really be tank/helo whores, if you are in a tank you are dead within seconds. I personally think thats why people don't play it because of thier precious stats (and tanks/planes/helos) since I am infantry it doesn't bother me. You really can't stand still though, gotta be moving constantly, people on rooftops everywhere, major snipefest. But overall I like the change except the night maps.   Sorry for the redundancy.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
I find that Special Forces isn't really all that much better than the vanilla BF2 game. Certainly the added element of Grappleing hooks and Zip Lines is neat and also the new weapons are pretty nice but the quality of the maps takes the expansion down a few notches. There are only four maps that I enjoy. The rest just aren't that much fun. I don't mind the night maps but I find them to be rather disorganized. Nightvision is a good concept but in practice its not all that good. Nice try EA but next time try a bit harder.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
ghost_dog_mom
+1|6696
It seems to me that the original BF2 maps all have more combined arms - that meaning there are ample numbers of tanks, armored personal carriers, jeeps, planes, choppers, etc - while most maps on SF are infantry and trucks/jeeps, very little armor, choppers, etc.  Gets to be a bit redundant - that's just what I remember, as I haven't played SF in quite some time, just not as fun as original BF2.

And oh yeah, whenever I play now all the people who have stuck with it and learned all the maps whip my ass.  :-D
aporx
+0|6691
I don’t play SF because as much as they tout it as covert game play the game play only ends up the same as vanilla BF. When they come up with maps and scenarios that promote real team play with varied strategic objectives then I’ll be there.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6716|Somewhere in NYC
Night maps! It makes the terrain all black. You don't even know if you're walking up or down a hill. Isn't there supposed to be a bit more detail?

And yeah, the lag sucks balls.
Buzerk1
+44|6806
I like it... I play, but not as much I want to.

We did remove the night map from our rotation, but I personnaly like it.

I don't have any lag issue and I play on a Dell Inspiron XPS gen 1. Which allow me to play the game at medium settings and 1600x1200 resolution.

People who have lag should tune their settings.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-01-05 08:57:28)

frasierdog
laff @ internetz
+2|6733
I would play but every time I try to join a server I get a

"this server only allows unmodified content" error..

Anyone know what's up?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6807
I find i dont have time to learn new maps, I find I am lost a lot. you allways do better waste less time and have more fun when you know your way around. Also I like narrow head to head map not Wide hide and seek maps where I feel like i am playing running bases.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6739|Human Meat Shield
Another reason why I LIKE it is because you don't have to drive far to the next flag, spending most of your time driving or walking to cap flags, everything is close quarter combat basically.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK
Where's my fucking F35?
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6725
Have you noticed that in Special Forces most of the places where you would use the graplling hook there is a ladder. Factors like this, the addition of only 5 new unlockables... which you cant actualy use in Special Forces... Graphical Issues... Highly Irritating Night Maps... & Generaly more annoying infantry play than regular BF2 with the fun addition of teargas & flashbangs... most of which teamates use on you... I would rather just run away from Special Forces
RDMC_old
+0|6706|Almere, Holland

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

I have noticed that especially higher ranked players only bought special forces for the unlocks and barely have played it for a few hours. So, why do YOU not play Special Forces(if you got it)?
Night maps suck.. and I suck at SF for some reason.. the only map I do kind off like is Ghosttown when like SAS has the Convoi and Spetznaz have the 2 cp's that face the Convoi ( forgot the name) and then a sniper battle evolves.. but I am a little bit dissapointed by SF..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard