not Musharraf60%60% - 54
Total: 90
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6632
Who was it?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544
Probably not Musharraf actually. They would have simply planted a bomb and remotely detonated it rather than going kamikaze. I'd say he was responsible for the bus bomb though.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

Probably not Musharraf actually. They would have simply planted a bomb and remotely detonated it rather than going kamikaze. I'd say he was responsible for the bus bomb though.
It was Musharraf, he did this way because it was too obvious, so everyone would think he wasn't.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6709|California

Israel.

But yes, it was Musharraf
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6610|London, England
Jews tbh (oh wait I was beaten to it)

Doesn't look like a government operation. Then again, neither did 9/11 (I kid, I kid)
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6641|pimelteror.de
ze infidelz/cia
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6728|Omaha, Nebraska
Musharraf
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6610|London, England

sergeriver wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

It was Musharraf, he did this way because it was too obvious, so everyone would think he wasn't.
I suppose you're right. If you're a gov official and you want someone wiped out without raising suspicion, what would you choose. A single 7.62 NATO bullet to the head from a sniper rifle 400m away or copy your enemy and make it look like they did it
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6818|Grapevine, TX
Wait...

I'm the first one?

President Bush!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6094|eXtreme to the maX
If you're a gov official and you want someone wiped out without raising suspicion, what would you choose. A single 7.62 NATO bullet to the head from a sniper rifle 400m away or copy your enemy and make it look like they did it.
How would you convince someone to go on a suicide mission if you were a gov official? Just interested.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6562

Dilbert_X wrote:

If you're a gov official and you want someone wiped out without raising suspicion, what would you choose. A single 7.62 NATO bullet to the head from a sniper rifle 400m away or copy your enemy and make it look like they did it.
How would you convince someone to go on a suicide mission if you were a gov official? Just interested.
Promise to care for the family after...
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6705
wow... when the fuck will this shit end...?
  i know the answer... when nobody is left over there...
Love is the answer
RECONDO67
+60|6625|miami FL
rag heads don't like  to be reformed
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

not Musharraf; same cops who killed tiger
Dersmikner
+147|6487|Texas
I did it. I was about sick of that bitch...

but seriously now...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

rdx-fx wrote:

To Bhutto's family, this is a tragedy.
In the greater scheme of Pakistani politics, this is par for the course.

They don't do elections like the western world.
They do coups, power plays, and military/political power brokering.
but, somehow, they do it all with a nod to the niceties of civilized democracy.  (like the Russians, but with less vodka)
It's called being at a lower level of political maturity than the west, which puts them in the same bracket as about two thirds of the entire world. I find it odd the way some people think all nations should be as developed as each other - it took hundreds of years of war and bloodshed to get where we are today - the rest of the world ain't gonna catch up overnight.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6589|132 and Bush

http://www.newsweek.com/id/82153
Intel official Bruce Riedel, who worked for Bush I and Clinton, thinks it’s “almost certainly” Al Qaeda. Some commenters are wondering if this will give Musharraf a freer hand to wage war in the tribal areas. Why would it? They’ve tried to kill him many times; killing Bhutto isn’t going to concentrate his mind any more than it already is. Bhutto’s supporters were anti-jihadist before today too so it’s not like he’s gained any allies from this.
+ http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Se … 1710322437

Take it all with a grain of salt.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6481|Connecticut
Canadiens are to blame here, along with Al Sharpton.
Malloy must go
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6211|Escea

International Cluedo tbh
basetballjones
+30|6737

Dilbert_X wrote:

Radical Muslims do not need convincing to go on suicide missions- If it is for the "Glory of Allah" they will happily martyr themselves.

It could have been anyone.  You are talking about the assassination of a powerful woman, in a region where women are viewed by many as dirty, unintelligent, baby factories.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6570|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Who was it?
Al Qaeda, in the Middle East, with the candlestick a suicide bomber.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6094|eXtreme to the maX
It's called being at a lower level of political maturity than the west, which puts them in the same bracket as about two thirds of the entire world.
I don't know, JFK got whacked, his brother too Martin Luther King the same, Thatcher nearly got whacked as did Reagan.
Some of them by nutjobs, some by organised opposition.
Has anyone seen the list of people connected with Clinton who died suspiciously?
The West can't claim to be much better than Pakistan.

We'll see if Bhutto was done by a lone nutter or an organisation.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2007-12-27 16:22:27)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
NantanCochise
+55|5967|Portugal/United States

rdx-fx wrote:

To Bhutto's family, this is a tragedy.
In the greater scheme of Pakistani politics, this is par for the course.

They don't do elections like the western world.
They do coups, power plays, and military/political power brokering.
but, somehow, they do it all with a nod to the niceties of civilized democracy.  (like the Russians, but with less vodka)
Good work rdx, +1 karma for the effort.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6334|Twyford, UK
Wasn't him. It was me. I spent the christmas period lurking with a sniper rifle on a rooftop near where she was supposed to be passing, and shot her when she stuck her head out.

Although the place was pretty crowded, it might have been some other guy. Was 10 of us on that rooftop alone. Surprised there's anything left.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

rdx-fx wrote:

They've had a couple thousand year head start on culture and politics.
Don't much think they're going to catch up any time soon.
Very naive. You think America hatched out of an egg in 1492?? The US is an extension of Europe - the political maturity of the US is owed in large part to centuries of European political development.

rdx-fx wrote:

Middle east is too much in love with their games of Who's to Blame? consult the Holy Book and the Book of Grudges and I declare Jihad on You!!.  They're too easily intoxicated by bloodshed.
In case you hadn't noticed, and I've stated this before, this was not a religiously motivated killing. This was a political assassination. They did not want her elected prime minister and they took the law into their own hands. Give the easy prejudices a break for two fucking seconds.

rdx-fx wrote:

Western mind grows sick at the sight of senseless bloodshed -- middle eastern mind laps it up like holy water or gasoline on a fire.
Yeah - those 30 years of bloodlust in Northern Ireland never happened and the US civil war was just a little scrap in a car park. Come to think of it the Vietnam war was the fabrication of the mind....

rdx-fx wrote:

Difference is in culture and mindset.
Technology, communications, and global infrastructure can make the world smaller and cozier .. culture, religion, and mindset make that smallness feel cramped and crowded.
What a generaliser. They have a different, culture and mindset yes but you put it as though Muslims like this carnage - are you completely oblivous to the tears and the wailing of mothers on the TV screens. They don't fucking like it and they don't fucking want it. They want peacee and quiet just like everyone else. Your prejudices are well-ingrained, I'm probably wasting my time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard