Poll

what do you think is more fun.. bf2 or cod4?

bf259%59% - 120
cod434%34% - 71
1manarmy is leetz0r!5%5% - 12
Total: 203
Microwave
_
+515|6655|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

Ryan wrote:

CoD4
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Call of duty 4 is a high pace action game. BF2 is for those that have too much free time on their hands.

I unlocked all weapons in CoD4 within 23 hours. That took me ages in BF2 (reaching 50.000 points).
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5975|England

COD4 is way better!!!

For 2 weeks, BF2 is still the most addicting game I have ever played, over 1000 hours !
I don't play it now but its better than COD, I vote BF2.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

It's hard to choose. CoD4 is great but I just haven't been hooked on it like I was with BF2. Where as I've clocked in maybe 6 hours of CoD4, I've had over 900 hours of BF2 according to Xfire. Granted BF2's been out way longer but BF2 had me hooked, like a drug. I'd come home, fire up BF2, play until I started sucking, ragequit, then repeated the next day.

CoD4's definitely better for my sanity
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land
cod4!
bf2 sucks many a male's genital, it's boring, awful reg, and just plain stupid
and no competative gaming just means there is no reason for me to sit it out....
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

-------------------------->    ! P ! R ! O ! J ! E ! C ! T !   ! R E ! A ! L ! I ! T ! Y !     <--------------------------

Or even the plain ol' BF. COD4 is too simple to compete. Fun for few weeks and thats it.
greensprite
awsm
+13|6167|Germany
nulled it
coz actually i dont have CoD4 and so i play bf2
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
I dunno, I suppose BF2 lasts longer and in its prime was alot of fun. If you could just throw in BF2 style maps and vehicle play and keep the CoD4 infantry gameplay and graphics. You'd have a winner.

I vote joke option.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5998

Blehm98 wrote:

cod4!
and no competative gaming just means there is no reason for me to sit it out....
You sir, have no taste
Lynx14
+41|5971
Joint Ops comes in and smashes you all!!! Joint Ops is great because its probably one of the only games that has realistic sniping. But I enjoy CoD4 alot. Single Player Review. Plot/Story 9/10 Length 4/10 Originality 6/10. I feel like single player was CoD2 single player but with modern day =[.

Multiplayer Review.  Variety of games 9/10 NO CTF =[ Variety of Weapons 8/10 Ranking System 1/10 Perks 4/10

Multiplayer still keeps me entertained
kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london
CoD4

/thread
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land

Nordemus wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

cod4!
You sir, have no taste
i played bf2 for 2 years, believe me, i played it plenty, and i know a LOT about the game...
but besides my belief that there isn't much point in gaming without the intention of going pro, so a buggy low quality game that no one plays anymore of course will get put under a high quality game with nowhere near as many bugs and decent hitreg...

believe me, if BF2 had come out like it is now, it would have flopped worse than ETQW, which was pretty bad.  It used to be a good game, and a fun game, but now it's buggy and gliding on the momentum from before
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6620|Mhz

CoD4 by a million miles, the only thing I dislike about it is how fudgy prone is.
basetballjones
+30|6749
The problem with COD4 is that the designers envisioned players playing it like real soldiers I think.  Using tactics and strategies that apply in the real world, like the way you see the characters do in the single player. 
For instance, securing rooms, checking corners, using interlocking fire and flanking for advantage, setting up guard patrols, etc, etc, etc

In the actual multiplayer though.. it's every man for himself, it seems.  People play it like it's any given shooter, and it ruins the dynamic.  I've been on one or two servers where players were working as squads to not only secure objectives, but also laying ambush, patrolling high traffic zones, and even snipers and spotter reams working to identify and locate hostiles-  it was the most immersion level fun I ever had in a game- sadly, these experiences are rare.

I think "battle simulator" games should start shipping with a USB device that you hook to your ear that gives you a big electric shock when you die or friendly fire a mate, then maybe peeps would give a shit about bunnyhopping across a map getting killed every five seconds, or think twice before throwing a nade into the thick of a firefight.

In teh end, we'll never get a truly realistic game because "realistic" would include such things as death, heartache, pain, suffering, and incarceration.  All are motives/impetus for human action/reaction
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land

basetballjones wrote:

The problem with COD4 is that the designers envisioned players playing it like real soldiers I think.  Using tactics and strategies that apply in the real world, like the way you see the characters do in the single player. 
For instance, securing rooms, checking corners, using interlocking fire and flanking for advantage, setting up guard patrols, etc, etc, etc

In the actual multiplayer though.. it's every man for himself, it seems.  People play it like it's any given shooter, and it ruins the dynamic.  I've been on one or two servers where players were working as squads to not only secure objectives, but also laying ambush, patrolling high traffic zones, and even snipers and spotter reams working to identify and locate hostiles-  it was the most immersion level fun I ever had in a game- sadly, these experiences are rare.

I think "battle simulator" games should start shipping with a USB device that you hook to your ear that gives you a big electric shock when you die or friendly fire a mate, then maybe peeps would give a shit about bunnyhopping across a map getting killed every five seconds, or think twice before throwing a nade into the thick of a firefight.

In teh end, we'll never get a truly realistic game because "realistic" would include such things as death, heartache, pain, suffering, and incarceration.  All are motives/impetus for human action/reaction
you don't bunny hop across the map in cod4, that's CS

in cod4 you bunnyhop around corners and over enemies' heads
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6261

zeidmaan wrote:

COD4 is too simple to compete. Fun for few weeks and thats it.
Wow wtf are you talking about you have no idea what your talking about. Bf2 had me addicted though. But tbh after 700 I got fed up with force tkers and idiots.

Last edited by Johnny_Extremer (2007-12-31 11:31:07)

*FW*GenNuisance
+2|6697
I hate to say it but single player COD4 smokes BF2's, but the multi-player is hands down all BF2!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard