=Robin-Hood=2%2% - 12
Total: 447
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6541|Washington

ATG wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Spider1980 wrote:

I voted OrangeHound because he's an annoying Admin.

Maybe with this high of voters wanting him banned, he should just be removed.
Well, that's just an ignorant comment .... but, hey, if people don't want me to be a mod I have no problem stepping down.
You probably represent the firmest hand, the most active
Thats basicly it, your gonna be most active and strike anyone who touches any part of any rule you will hear about it from the most active mod and well... that can be kinda annoying. As you can see those numbers are pretty big lol
Mellow out would be good, be no one said you weren't doing your job well

Last edited by Spider1980 (2007-12-19 19:32:42)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
OrangeHound gave me a total of 7 AWMs. For course I'm voting him.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

/me does happy dance for not being on the chopping block

/me waves goodbye to orangehound
I would have voted you given the choice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB3EPN0sS1Q

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2007-12-19 19:34:53)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6757|06-01
i closed my eyes and clicked at random.

sorry K_C_D 

+1
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

None of the mods are going to be removed in the foreseeable future, and certainly not because of the outcome of votes by the userbase. For the most part the only differences in "harsh" moderation you see are by how much a moderator is on, not their standards.
Oooo..I'm gonna have to uhhhh go ahead and uhhh disagree with you here.  Without the user base, there wouldn't be anything here for you to moderate.  I think the people who have voted for him(almost half the votes are for him) have a reason behind it.  Maybe it is vindictive or out of spite.  I would say on a side note that if Bernadickus was up there, he probably would receive 75 percent of the votes because the general consensus is that he takes the whole moderating thing way, way to seriously.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85

killer21 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

None of the mods are going to be removed in the foreseeable future, and certainly not because of the outcome of votes by the userbase. For the most part the only differences in "harsh" moderation you see are by how much a moderator is on, not their standards.
Oooo..I'm gonna have to uhhhh go ahead and uhhh disagree with you here.  Without the user base, there wouldn't be anything here for you to moderate.  I think the people who have voted for him(almost half the votes are for him) have a reason behind it.  Maybe it is vindictive or out of spite.  I would say on a side note that if Bernadickus was up there, he probably would receive 75 percent of the votes because the general consensus is that he takes the whole moderating thing way, way to seriously.
The challenge is appreciated, glad you don't blindly accept what we say.

Of course the site is nothing without the user base, but honestly the masses don't know what they really want. Probably half the votes for any one moderator are stupid votes for getting a warning or a temp ban that was deserved, and those aren't the kind of people whose opinions matter when it comes to the subject of moderation. If it was really up to just a vote by the users for forum rules and procedures, honestly we would have something akin to anarchy.

It would be interesting to see what the site would be like for a month without Orange and other "abusive/harsh" mods, the change would be noticeable and I think most people wouldn't enjoy the result.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6447|Chicago, IL
when will the winner (or loser, however you want to look at it) be temp banned?

And i picked Robin Hood, we need OH to fight the spammers
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6349|Iowa...

Spider1980 wrote:

Thats basicly it, your gonna be most active and strike anyone who touches any part of any rule you will hear about it from the most active mod and well... that can be kinda annoying. As you can see those numbers are pretty big lol
Mellow out would be good, be no one said you weren't doing your job well
i disagree,OH is awesome.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

The challenge is appreciated, glad you don't blindly accept what we say.

Of course the site is nothing without the user base, but honestly the masses don't know what they really want. Probably half the votes for any one moderator are stupid votes for getting a warning or a temp ban that was deserved, and those aren't the kind of people whose opinions matter when it comes to the subject of moderation. If it was really up to just a vote by the users for forum rules and procedures, honestly we would have something akin to anarchy.

It would be interesting to see what the site would be like for a month without Orange and other "abusive/harsh" mods, the change would be noticeable and I think most people wouldn't enjoy the result.
I actually agree with that.  I've seen people complain about a lot of silly things.  You have to remember that there are numerous immature kids and adults who whose main purpose in life is to fight and argue over the internet.  I would say some of the mods here are adequate at what they do while others are overzealous when it comes to certain situations and certain individuals.  The fact of the matter is, however, that you can't please everyone..so...
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6649|Washington DC

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Actually, it would probably be like the temp forums ... I didn't really moderate much on the temp forums.

Anyway, let's drop this issue within the thread.  This contest is supposed to be fun, so there's no need to get into a serious discussion about me or moderating ...
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85

killer21 wrote:

The fact of the matter is, however, that you can't please everyone..so...
This is really the problem. In all honesty, every single mod might not be the absolute best for the job, maybe others would fit into the role better, maybe policies should change slightly, but we're doing the best we can. We can't make everyone happy, just do our best to make as many happy as possible.

edit: k, back on topic...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6447|Chicago, IL

OrangeHound wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Actually, it would probably be like the temp forums ... I didn't really moderate much on the temp forums.

Anyway, let's drop this issue within the thread.  This contest is supposed to be fun, so there's no need to get into a serious discussion about me or moderating ...
nobody is as skilled with the banhammer as you, you will be missed (its only three days though, isnt it?).

be ready to ban/close piles of spam when you return
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6327|105 RVK
If Bern was only in this poll.

I still don't get why he is not cause you can add like 10 options.

Ty, ha makes cool sigs/avatars other than that hes left me alone
Kmarion, Who the fuck is he?
Darth_Fleder, Again, who the fuck is he?
superfly_cox, ok i dont know him either
^*AlphA*^, ohh yes he makes funny comic pictures
King_County_Downy, Cool guy, knew him from CN a little, not rly noticed him here.
OrangeHound, Don't like him, strict and boring, but nothing compared to ben.
=Robin-Hood=, ....who?

so this poll is in my option just crap cause there is only one guy there that rlly should be there, many are missing
Defiance
+438|6671

Ty, because I wuv him.

I weally do.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6229|NSW, Australia

snow...in christmas??

wtf are you smoking
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6447|Chicago, IL

Nappy wrote:

snow...in christmas??

wtf are you smoking
that great northern hemisphere air!
how are things down there?
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6229|NSW, Australia

fuckin hot!

Last edited by Nappy (2007-12-19 22:00:40)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6738|The Hague, Netherlands

57 votes, sweet rhino.

think I will launch my shuttle to Mars now, OH wait up!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6132|Carnoustie, Scotland

S.Lythberg wrote:

poor OrangeHound, what did he ever do to you guys to earn such hatred?
3 day banned me
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Null vote ...... and least of all Orangehound, he's sooo cuddly and just doing his job without a fuzz - actually my vote for mod of the year would go to him
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6678|In You Endo- Stoke
I voted for orangehound,he needs a break methinks.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Aw, Jeff you put me at the top of the list, that's so nice of you, expecially since I keep on complaining that I'm not included in these types of things. Cheers mate, (absence of sarcasm, trust me, I like to get publicity.)
Notice the suspicious absence of Bern. Who did he buy out?
*suspicious glares*

After nulling, and being pleasantly surprised with my respectable tally:
Out of all the moderators on this site I would have to say the OrangeHound is the best out of all of us. By best I don't mean most annoying like Alex does, I mean he actually is more on to it than any of us. Granted we're all good in our own way, some more strict than others, some hardly lifting a finger let alone a banstick as far as ModMin is concerned, we each handle each scenario in our own ways and they all work. But OrangeHound knows all the tricks and knows how to combat them and is probably our most formiddable warrior against those who would wish to harm this site, (which is to say fill it with spam and bullshit.) Anyone who has seen the master hound track down ban-dodgers or re-named trolls would agree.
Find it kind of interesting that it's his head on the chopping block.

Also kind of funny 'cause when he started moderating I thought he was going to be a prick who'd ban people just 'cause he felt like it. Time has proven me a fool, (once a-fucking-gain thank you very much...)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
didnt Orangehound say he helped start the internet?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6107|Birmingham, UK
Nice to know your loved, OrangeHound. Lol i won't say who i voted for, but it wasn't OragneHound.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

Funky_Finny wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

poor OrangeHound, what did he ever do to you guys to earn such hatred?
3 day banned me
probably deserved.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

didnt Orangehound say he helped start the internet?
He started it and he can end it whenever he want - he is all powerful ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard