[email protected]
+28|6220
I don't know if this has been posted before, or if anyone has read it since it released October 3rd.
Breaking: Battlefield 3 Leaked Info
October 9, 2007
A tipster sent us PDF document which looked like an outline of features for Battlefield 3. The three page document is apparently prepared for investors which should get it by December of this year. It details basic features of BF3, and are as listed:

Release in late 2008
Powered by “Frostbite DX”
Set in year modern day (just like BF2, ed.)
Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
Same “ticket-based” gameplay style as before
Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
Possible public beta in “Summer 2008″
Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
“Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
In-game replay and recording feature
VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
Built-in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
Widows Vista and OS X (no XP?!, ed.)
Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.
A map is mentioned by name, called “Baghdad Burning”, and appears to be a massive urban map, similar to BF2’s very popular “Strike at Karkand”. The game is powered by “Frotbite DX”, currently the Frostbite engine is used in Battlefiled: Bad Company on PS3 and Xbox 360. The “DX” could refer to DirectX (10?), a PC version of the Frostbite engine.

Please note that none of this is confirmed, we’ve emailed a few people from EA and DICE (Battlefield developers) and will update the article as soon as we know more. Also note that we cannot, for obvious (legal) reasons, release the PDF document. Stay tuned for more info.

[Update 1] A few wanted to know if the document mentions in-game advertising, it does not, but wouldn’t be surprising, considering BF2142 had in-game advertising.

[Update 2] EA responded to the rumor with a “no comment” statement. Still waiting for a reply from DICE (which will probably be the same).

[Update 3] For clarification, the document doesn’t say that XP is not supported, it only lists Vista and OS X.

[Update 4] Further investigation reveals that EA DICE owns the domain “battlefield3.com” (not so important, since it was registered in 2004, so was battlefield4.com etc.). Still no reply from DICE. Stay tuned for further updates.
[Update 5] EA and DICE have responded to the rumor.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

lies die in fire
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6635|Montreal, Qc, Canada
A bit like BF2....  I LIKE

usmarine2005 wrote:

lies die in fire
If its lies...

Then yes, die in a fire!

Last edited by Andoura (2007-12-05 19:54:44)

[email protected]
+28|6220

RandomSchl wrote:

I hope they learn from their past fuckups.
Same here. From the description, it seems like they are trying to.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6332|Oregon
i don't see why not. I mean, Bf2 was hugely popular so why not capitalize on that and make a sequel? Seems like they're remaking it for those who loved Karkand though. Hopefully there's still enough diversity to make it fun for a long time.

but again... it's all just rumored right now.

edit:

Wait. Chuy works for DICE... couldn't he tell us?
(joke.... but seriously...)

Last edited by djphetal (2007-12-05 20:00:05)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6754|06-01
rumors rumors rumors.
i'll believe it when the trailer comes out.
pj666
+16|6362|Sydney, Australia
This did the email rounds while BF@s was down, so it may not have been posted on. Cue flames from those who know otherwise ...

If it uses the BF:Bad Company engine then it will probably have destructible scenery which could be intersting. I haven't played BF:BC, but that's what the ad seemed to show.

Going to Vista will be the burn. Nothing wrong with XP, and Vista eats the memory and RAM. I'd be hard pressed to buy the OS or even a hardware upgrade .... but then if it's good ...

Will be interesting to see if they listen to any player feedback including through this site about BF2.

Hopefully the fact Mr BF2sis now the inside man will help on that front. The fact they stole him suggests the BF3 stats site will be run by ....
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6754|06-01

pj666 wrote:

This did the email rounds while BF@s was down, so it may not have been posted on. Cue flames from those who know otherwise ...

If it uses the BF:Bad Company engine then it will probably have destructible scenery which could be intersting. I haven't played BF:BC, but that's what the ad seemed to show.

Going to Vista will be the burn. Nothing wrong with XP, and Vista eats the memory and RAM. I'd be hard pressed to buy the OS or even a hardware upgrade .... but then if it's good ...

Will be interesting to see if they listen to any player feedback including through this site about BF2.

Hopefully the fact Mr BF2sis now the inside man will help on that front. The fact they stole him suggests the BF3 stats site will be run by ....
don't nobody end that last senence!
SlyFox
+4|6657|Australia, Adelaide
all I ask for is for planes to actually be able to stall, i mean- come on! bf2 planes can almost keep pace with a jeep.
agent146
+127|6383|Jesus Land aka Canada
yes i pleased that it is like bf2.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

Yeah umm... Search kthnx.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
pj666
+16|6362|Sydney, Australia
The fact BF2142 never did as well as BF2 or 1942 showed those games had it right. But they could never make good money by flogging a 2 year old game. They had to reinvent it to make more money.

Of course, the fact it could do with some improvements, and they have a ready made bunch of nuts ready to play it (i.e. us), means they were always going to do this. if they didn't it would be silly.

EA just has to hope no other game comes close and steals us away in the mean time (COD4:MW, etc). But the whole structure of BF2 including the points and ranks is something no other game has gotten as right to date.
GR34
+215|6541|ALBERTA> CANADA
In stead of Battalions they should have made it Platoons and have like another cammander incahrge of the "platoon" who answers to the cammander
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6143|Texas

[email protected] wrote:

I don't know if this has been posted before
I've seen two threads on it already.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6741|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Yep this thread has been done before, but heres a scan from my PC Gamer mag.

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/Biggles4221/IMG.jpg
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

pj666 wrote:

The fact BF2142 never did as well as BF2 or 1942 showed those games had it right.
2142 was for BF2 what Vietnam was for 1942.... an expansion with better graphics.....

TBH i had more FUN with BF2142 than i did with BF2

Last edited by FloppY_ (2007-12-06 06:39:33)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6431
Yeah I heard about the rumour before. Reminds me a little about that leaked trailer for BF2142 but this is a lot more iffy.

The_Guardsman wrote:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/ … 21/IMG.jpg
Thanks for that. If at all possible could you do it at a higher resolution?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6753|Argentina
Why don't they release BF: Bad Company also for PC?
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6144|San Antonio, Texas
This rumor's a month old nearly, but it's still a great read if it's all true!

In that article, they may do away with the AT kit, and give that role to Assault! Assault with RPGs, dopeness.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2007-12-06 07:27:48)

The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Yeah I heard about the rumour before. Reminds me a little about that leaked trailer for BF2142 but this is a lot more iffy.

The_Guardsman wrote:

Thanks for that. If at all possible could you do it at a higher resolution?
I would do mate, but l'm a complete biff at this sort of thing so would'nt know how to!
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6144|San Antonio, Texas

pj666 wrote:

The fact BF2142 never did as well as BF2 or 1942 showed those games had it right. But they could never make good money by flogging a 2 year old game. They had to reinvent it to make more money.

Of course, the fact it could do with some improvements, and they have a ready made bunch of nuts ready to play it (i.e. us), means they were always going to do this. if they didn't it would be silly.

EA just has to hope no other game comes close and steals us away in the mean time (COD4:MW, etc). But the whole structure of BF2 including the points and ranks is something no other game has gotten as right to date.
I doubt any game could steal what BF2 has. I mean, isn't BF the only series where you can access tanks, helicopters and aircraft?

When I heard CoD4 was just run and gun without vehicles in MP.
Zukabazuka
+23|6681

The_Guardsman wrote:

Funny how he holds that gun, First it isn't against his shoulder and he is holding it way to high then the doesn't use the front grip on the gun but instead hold around the mag. Doesn't seems like a smart idea to hold a gun.

Then had more fun in BF2142, BF2 has more frustation with every vechiles and planes having almost instant kill weapons and defence against them are about close to zero.

There are other games that have tanks and helicopters but they are often future games.
[email protected]
+28|6220

Zukabazuka wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

Funny how he holds that gun, First it isn't against his shoulder and he is holding it way to high then the doesn't use the front grip on the gun but instead hold around the mag. Doesn't seems like a smart idea to hold a gun.

Then had more fun in BF2142, BF2 has more frustation with every vechiles and planes having almost instant kill weapons and defence against them are about close to zero.

There are other games that have tanks and helicopters but they are often future games.
He looks like an idiot holding the gun that way.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

[email protected] wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

He looks like an idiot holding the gun that way.
I think hes just using the sight on the rifle as a viewing aid and not about to fire the weapon.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6324

Either way, the guy holding that gun looks like an idiot. And he's got a wedding ring on...That normal for a soldier?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard