Poll

Christmas trees

Real51%51% - 41
Fake48%48% - 39
Total: 80
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
Vote and explain.  Me?  Wife wants a real tree this year, I'd rather have less cleanup.

Oops, wrong section.  Please move mods.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-12-02 16:12:05)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
Generally my Dad will go out to the back of the mountains and chop down a nice wee tree. Up here in my Dublin abode we go plastic though.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

You can't beat the smell of a real one.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6334|Oregon
real!
oh god how is fake winning?!?!?!?!
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6218|cs_connecticut‬‭
Fake, I'm not even spending Christmas home, so how is "Santa" going to get the "presents" 800 miles from Connecticut to SC? We are leaving the day after I get out of school..
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
Real, always. Get something like a Nordman, smell nice and keep the leaves well (if you keep the tree stump watered)

I worked at a Garden Centre for 3 years, you get to know about such things
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6636|Amsterdam, NY
Fake
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
You can make spruce tea from the leaves if you have spruce leaves (according to the guy from the discovery channel show Man vs. Wild), which actually tastes pretty good according to him and has like 11x the Vitamin C found in orange juice.

I found this to go along with it from a google search: http://www.billcasselman.com/canadian_g … ce_two.htm

I just think it would be cool to have a tree that makes a drink and gives you presents at the same time.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-12-02 16:27:03)

MetaL*
Banned
+188|6155|Anaheim, Mexifornia
real is for homos
fake ftw.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6776|Long Island
we're getting fake this year because we don't feel like having to deal with the clean up and picking out a good tree, etc etc...but one thing i will miss is the smell...
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
moved, fake trees are great
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6414|Norway | Unkown
fake here too.

Don't like all the stuff on the floor.. And when you move it even more falls off from it..
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6776|Long Island
oh 13 votes vs 13 votes...someone be the tie breaker!
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6638|Your moms bedroom

Stingray24 wrote:

Vote and explain.  Me?  Wife wants a real tree this year, I'd rather have less cleanup.
QFT- whats the big deal about...."real trees" you gotta go pick one up at the store, (if you cut your own that is killer and then i wouldnt have a problem with it), but the needles fall down, you gotta take it down at the end of the year and the trash man doesnt pick it up for another 3 weeks so you got an eyesore at the end of your driveway. The needles start falling off and you gotta vaccuum, you gotta wrap the lights around it, every year. I want a fake tree, with the lights already on it! i guess woman just dont understand that
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6548|CH/BR - in UK

Real - tradition...

-konfusion
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6189|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
Real, always have always will!!
SamTheMan :D
Banned
+106|5997|UK
Fake > Real
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6130|Scotland!
Fake
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6473|Foothills of S. Carolina

I was the tie breaker at 14-13 for fake. I went with a fake tree this year after discussing it with the wife. In the almost 10 years weve been married, we have had a real tree every year till now, at 40$ to 60$ a tree, not including gas to go look for a tree (we usually go up into the mountains and cut our own), and breakfast and lunch out for the family. We spent about 200$ on a fake tree, and the price of it vs the real trees just about equals out for the length of time it will get used. I will miss the real tree smell, but I won't miss the fact that the real trees would usually stop drinking water with two weeks left till Christmas and we wouldn't be able to keep the lights turned on. So, to sum up, fake tree pwns real tree if you like having it lit every night.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

I just go up into the bush, find a pine tree with big branches, climb said tree and cut off suitable branch. After that it's just a matter of dragging it home and setting it up. Good fun in my opinion, way more so than just bringing the plastic piece-of-crap out of storage and putting it upright.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6406|Somersetshire
fake = cheap, nasty,  clean, simple

real = possibly free (if you chop it down yourself lol), takes ages to decorate, messy, smells great, has a real christmas feel
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6478|Somewhere else

Third Option: NO tree

Yes, I will admit, I am one of those people that believe that christmas has been perverted, distorted and removed of it's religeous and festive nature and become a corperate sales orgy.   I know the whole "it's for the kids" Bullshit.  Fuck that.  Spend the Xmas money on thier birthdays.  makes them look forward (just as much as the parents are) to getting older.

The whole holiday rush and pissed off people driving around fighting for parking and spending paychecks on shit that get's sold for 50 Cents on a yard is just not my thing.
SamTheMan :D
Banned
+106|5997|UK

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Third Option: NO tree

Yes, I will admit, I am one of those people that believe that christmas has been perverted, distorted and removed of it's religeous and festive nature and become a corperate sales orgy.   I know the whole "it's for the kids" Bullshit.  Fuck that.  Spend the Xmas money on thier birthdays.  makes them look forward (just as much as the parents are) to getting older.

The whole holiday rush and pissed off people driving around fighting for parking and spending paychecks on shit that get's sold for 50 Cents on a yard is just not my thing.
gg Scrooge
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6624|Sea to globally-cooled sea

Dauntless wrote:

You can't beat the smell of a real one.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6437|King Of The Islands

Fake, haven't gone Christmas Tree hunting in years.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard