Dilligas
+6|6774
I was told that in COD4 there is no spawning to squad leaders due to the lack of?  I wish this and Crysis would have added these in as options if nothing else on the servers.  Quake Wars sucks on the same reasson I feel, the lack of spawning to a team mate.

Thoughts
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6163|New Austin, Not
While you cant spawn by squadleaders because there arent any, the spawning system in COD4 lets you spawn by the nearest teamate. However on many occasions you might spawn by a teamate right in the middle of a firefight and end up dead right away...Trust me it happens alot.
Microwave
_
+515|6647|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I don't really understand how the spawning time/positioning works.

Can anyone enlighten me?!
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6455|meh-land

james@alienware wrote:

Can anyone enlighten me?!
generally its just where most of your teammate are in deathmatch

the only problem is when you spawn right in front of a shotgunner, or right under an airstrike (doesn't happen too often but sometimes if you take a couple steps you are in the kill zone of one)
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85
One time I died from an airstrike, spawned, and died again from the same airstrike.

The spawning system I think is one of the worst parts, but that isn't saying much. Generally it works pretty well.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6455|meh-land

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

One time I died from an airstrike, spawned, and died again from the same airstrike.

The spawning system I think is one of the worst parts, but that isn't saying much. Generally it works pretty well.
yeah, usually you won't actually spawn in a place that you die instantly (helicopter is an exception) BUT you might walk around a corner and meet your death 10,000 ways because where you spawned was safe. 
same thing has happened to me too, most aggravating
firebolt5
+114|6147

Dilligas wrote:

I was told that in COD4 there is no spawning to squad leaders due to the lack of?  I wish this and Crysis would have added these in as options if nothing else on the servers.  Quake Wars sucks on the same reasson I feel, the lack of spawning to a team mate.

Thoughts
What the hell people, this isn't BF2.  Spawning on squad leaders...  What the hell...
Dilligas
+6|6774
...well after playing for almost 3 years i have found that when playing with a friend on a phone it's nice to have a game where we are in close contact on each other as we play.  Playing now come down to getting back in a base and keeping the aircraft on the ground, pissing people off, and being called names when others can not fight their way out of a wet paper bag...

That is why I was so disappointed, the lack of close team play, and base rapping. 
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6281|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Dilligas wrote:

...well after playing for almost 3 years i have found that when playing with a friend on a phone it's nice to have a game where we are in close contact on each other as we play.  Playing now come down to getting back in a base and keeping the aircraft on the ground, pissing people off, and being called names when others can not fight their way out of a wet paper bag...

That is why I was so disappointed, the lack of close team play, and base rapping. 

You played Battlefield 2, with a friend, USING A PHONE?

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Dilligas
+6|6774
Yes.  Head phones via ma-bell, vs. VOIP = much better game play.

Last edited by Dilligas (2007-12-02 16:10:52)

djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6328|Oregon

cowami wrote:

Dilligas wrote:

You played Battlefield 2, with a friend, USING A PHONE?

me and my friend did this before we Had mics.

why did I capitalize "Had"?

Last edited by djphetal (2007-12-02 16:13:45)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
I'm so leet i use cups&string.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
firebolt5
+114|6147
Yeah well, my friend and I use ink and paper and we mailed them out to each other to communicate in game.  Needless to say, it was too late for him in game before he got my letter...  Damn Pony Express...
Dilligas
+6|6774
we were going to switch to smoke signals
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

That happened to me!

It was just so lame I lol'ed though.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
shoopysean
+11|6127

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

That happened to me!

Three times in a row to the same airstrike...
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6680|"The Empire"

james@alienware wrote:

This is one of the reason i play mostly S&D, as you dont have to worry about it!!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
i like spawning in front of a mounted saw... i did it four times in a fucking row >.<
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6511|Adelaide, South Australia

shoopysean wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

That happened to me!

You were lucky.

I once died to an airstrike, then spawned into a chopper's cannon fire, then spawned into the same airstrike, then spawned into the barrel of a shotgunner, then spawned into a sniper's headshot. I then died to a Martyr and spawned into a new chopper, then spawned into a second airstrike.

But, you try telling youngsters that today, and they won't believe you.

+1 to whoever gets the reference
Christbane
+51|6227

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

shoopysean wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

That happened to me!

You were lucky.

I once died to an airstrike, then spawned into a chopper's cannon fire, then spawned into the same airstrike, then spawned into the barrel of a shotgunner, then spawned into a sniper's headshot. I then died to a Martyr and spawned into a new chopper, then spawned into a second airstrike.

LMAO!   and you walked to school up hill both ways in the freezing rain
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6511|Adelaide, South Australia

Christbane wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

shoopysean wrote:

You were lucky.

We have a winner.

I now leave this thread never to return.
shoopysean
+11|6127

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Christbane wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

You were lucky.

We have a winner.

I now leave this thread never to return.
Bye
But can you return to explain the reference to me cause it went over my head?
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6645|pimelteror.de
you will only get teamplay in a clanwar... on public it is just impossible to coordinate with your mates. it would be better, if they add squads.
Entertayner
+826|6562

The maps are too small for it to be worth it in CoD4.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6731

Entertayner wrote:

The maps are too small for it to be worth it in CoD4.
I came here to post this

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard