colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada
Hi guys, how we fix this?

The Other threads about it don't exist anymore. Search came up empty handed.

Thanks for the help, perhaps pinning the solution to this problem could avoid the need or new threads.
chile1
+2|6323
You need to update PunkBuster
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6657|Your moms bedroom
i get to play, but after 5-10 minutes, my bf2 cuts out and says

Failure to Communicate with pnkbstrb.exe

tried downloading and updating my punkbuster but nothing, just re-installed and re-patched this afternoon... ill let you know if it works
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

Is PunkBusterA running before you start BF2? Try manually updating PB using the instructions on their website.

Over the summer I had a major problem regarding punk buster failing to handshake and it annoyed the hell out of me because neither I nor customer support could figure out what it was... Turned out, I read a thread for getting rid of lag on BF2, and one of the suggestions involved making a batch file that automatically ran BF2 as a high priority application. That idea worked for a while then just stopped working all of the sudden. So I started up BF2 the regular way and voila!
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada
I remember that some dude on BF2s posted the solution before Gibson s'comma, where he is, we need your help!
Locoloki
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

it didnt help me

Last edited by Locoloki (2007-11-27 19:23:10)

colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada

Locoloki wrote:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

it didnt help me
If it dint help you why are you posting it?! Or perhaps a typo?
Locoloki
No

colonelioan wrote:

I remember that some dude on BF2s posted the solution before Gibson s'comma, where he is, we need your help!
This is the website were "some dude" posted to go to
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada
Oh ok.

It did help you or it dint?

Last edited by colonelioan (2007-11-27 19:31:29)

Locoloki
looks like the bf2 reinstall/repatch did it

https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/Coryfales/untitled.jpg
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada

Locoloki wrote:

looks like the bf2 reinstall/repatch did it

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa28 … titled.jpg
Really Interesting! On my pc theres only PnkbstrA OMFG@@!

So i need to reinstall and Re patch.. fuck ill do this tomorrow, to late here now.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6319
Update punkbuster.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6192|Sydney | ♥

OMG YOU ALL NOOBS, no affence

IT - IS - YOUR - FIREWALL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Bah, countless forums.......

Open you firewall, i use Zone Alarm.....

In you Program Control, or whatever..... Find PnkBstrB.exe, If you cant find it, search for it, it is located in 2 places....

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\pb\PnkBstrB.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe

MAKE SURE YOU ALLOW BOTH OF THESE TO ACCESS THE INTERNETZ!!!!!

THE REASON YOU ARE BEING KICKED IS BECAUSE YOUR FIREWALL IS DOIN THE OL' STFU AND GIVING YOU THE FINGER, AND NOT ALLOWING THESE TO CONNECT!!!! OVERWRIGHT IT!!!!

These apps open automagically everytime you Startup, if they dont, make them, either open them manually, or put a shortcut in your startup folder.... Start>All Programs>Startup

Thankyou

EDIT: If you cant find them, update. Then The firewall

Last edited by tazz. (2007-11-27 20:27:18)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada

tazz. wrote:

OMG YOU ALL NOOBS, no affence

IT - IS - YOUR - FIREWALL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Bah, countless forums.......

Open you firewall, i use Zone Alarm.....

In you Program Control, or whatever..... Find PnkBstrB.exe, If you cant find it, search for it, it is located in 2 places....

MAKE SURE YOU ALLOW BOTH OF THESE TO ACCESS THE INTERNETZ!!!!!

THE REASON YOU ARE BEING KICKED IS BECAUSE YOUR FIREWALL IS DOIN THE OL' STFU AND GIVING YOU THE FINGER, AND NOT ALLOWING THESE TO CONNECT!!!! OVERWRIGHT IT!!!!

These apps open automagically everytime you Startup, if they dont, make them, either open them manually, or put a shortcut in your startup folder.... Start>All Programs>Startup

Thankyou

EDIT: If you cant find them, update. Then The firewall
MY FIREWALL IS TURNED OFF SMARTASS.

Last edited by colonelioan (2007-11-27 20:40:39)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6192|Sydney | ♥

Then it seems you dont have the file, could you find them in those folders?

Hit me back, i'll do research
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6192|Sydney | ♥

mtb0minime wrote:

Is PunkBusterA running before you start BF2? Try manually updating PB using the instructions on their website.

Over the summer I had a major problem regarding punk buster failing to handshake and it annoyed the hell out of me because neither I nor customer support could figure out what it was... Turned out, I read a thread for getting rid of lag on BF2, and one of the suggestions involved making a batch file that automatically ran BF2 as a high priority application. That idea worked for a while then just stopped working all of the sudden. So I started up BF2 the regular way and voila!
There is no logical way that the batch had anything to do with it, PB probably updated in game when you were high priority.....
Locoloki

colonelioan wrote:

MY FIREWALL IS TURNED OFF SMARTASS.
Mine too, firewall had nothing to do with it
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

tazz. wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

There is no logical way that the batch had anything to do with it, PB probably updated in game when you were high priority.....
Probably true. All I know is that it stopped working when I tried using the batch but worked when I went back to the regular way
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada

tazz. wrote:

Then it seems you dont have the file, could you find them in those folders?

Hit me back, i'll do research
I have the file!

Ans it dosent work neither show on the task manager

Last edited by colonelioan (2007-11-28 13:42:44)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6192|Sydney | ♥

Well if its not in the task manager..........

tazz. wrote:

EDIT: If they DONT OPEN, for whatever reason, then your pretty much screwed... Hit me back, i'll do some more research on apps not opeing....

Last edited by tazz. (2007-11-28 22:49:26)

colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada

tazz. wrote:

Well if its not in the task manager..........

tazz. wrote:

EDIT: If they DONT OPEN, for whatever reason, then your pretty much screwed... Hit me back, i'll do some more research on apps not opeing....
Its ok dude the solution to this problem it to completely reinstall BF2 and its patches.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6192|Sydney | ♥

Or format , Hope i helped....

-Tazz

/close?
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6239|Finland
Well i had same problem, updated it and didnt work, updated it 100 000 times, still didnt work.
Had 1 or 2 month brake from bf2, updated it again got it work
Firewall had nothing to do with it, well not for me...
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6846|Grapevine, TX
mhabe tri Start>Run>PnkBstrB.exe & A.exe.......................... Repatch2

and yes make sure both pnkBstr.exe's are allowed to run through your lavawall, or they wont shake the hand of evenbalance
aimless
+166|6142|Texas
Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services, find PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe and make sure their startup type is "Automatic", and if they are not currently running, start them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard