DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Maybe for people who have a life and can't spend all day playing for rank like BF2 this is a good thing.
Ahh the old life insult. A classic.

Myself am on a higher Sergeant Rank. I don't really follow Marine ranks, I think it has "Master" in the name somewhere.
It was not an insult.  It is a fact of life.  When you have a job and stuff, you can't spend a shitload of time playing like you needed for BF2.  Tosser.
Because we all know having a job automatically means having a "life".
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Maybe for people who have a life and can't spend all day playing for rank like BF2 this is a good thing.

Myself am on a higher Sergeant Rank. I don't really follow Marine ranks, I think it has "Master" in the name somewhere.
It was not an insult.  It is a fact of life.  When you have a job and stuff, you can't spend a shitload of time playing like you needed for BF2.  Tosser.
You can't really pull the life thing on me. I played bf2 for like 600 hours over a 2 year period. Douche bag...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

jord wrote:

You can't really pull the life thing on me. I played bf2 for like 600 hours over a 2 year period. Douche bag...
I am not pulling it on you ffs.  I am just saying it is a good thing to some people.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada

jord wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

I've played 275 hours over one and a half years, so that must mean I have more life than you.
jord

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

I am not pulling it on you ffs.  I am just saying it is a good thing to some people.
Oh Okay.

Carry on...
ReTox
+100|6497|State of RETOXification
If they took the ranks out and just gave the perks as unlocks not nearly as many people would bitch about how fast it is.  By using BF2 as a reference it is fast... but then again BF2 is ridiculously slow at gaining rank and badges etc.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
rofl @ jord making an argument out of nothing

I appreciate that this mean people can get to a more decent rank without playing so much, but I think they went over the top. Something between the speed of BF2 and CoD4 I think would be the best.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

The point of ranks shouldn't be to give everyone who plays a good rank.  They should be in the game to reward people who are good.  Sadly, CoD4 gives everyone the highest rank and that rank isn't even earned through skill.  There is absolutely no point of ranks in CoD4. 

I'd like to play a game with ranks where 1/3 of people are under sergeant, 1/3 of people are sergeants, 1/3 of people are officers.  But I know that'll never happen, because people hate not getting ranked up.  Whats even more stupid is that these people, who basically play the multiplayer for the rank, are the first to accuse other players of having no life.

Last edited by Spearhead (2007-11-25 11:18:09)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6628|Washington, DC

Jord, jord, jord. He's just saying that in BF2, it was pretty damn hard to rank up without either being really good or spending a lot of time on the game. Usually, people were high ranked because of the latter.

I for one like CoD4's promotion rate. It's fast but it keeps you feeling rewarded, and you sitll have 10 levels of Prestige mode.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6170|New Austin, Not
Not on PC...prestige mode is missing.
firebolt5
+114|6153

Rohirm wrote:

Not on PC...prestige mode is missing.
It's not missing, they just didn't put it in
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

You can rank up to level 55 a total of ten times...
rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6110|London UK
i got 5 star in about 2 mins.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

prestige mode?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6170|New Austin, Not
^^^^
After you get the max rank (commander) you can start over at private again in exchange for a special medal thingy. This feature however is only available for PS3 and 360.
Ben0
The Last Gunslinger
+38|6372|Southampton
bs. Consolers get all the fun. Just cos they gotta buy a new one for 400 quid every other year.
makeuser
+5|6722|Texas

Spearhead wrote:

The point of ranks shouldn't be to give everyone who plays a good rank.  They should be in the game to reward people who are good.  Sadly, CoD4 gives everyone the highest rank and that rank isn't even earned through skill.  There is absolutely no point of ranks in CoD4. 

I'd like to play a game with ranks where 1/3 of people are under sergeant, 1/3 of people are sergeants, 1/3 of people are officers.  But I know that'll never happen, because people hate not getting ranked up.  Whats even more stupid is that these people, who basically play the multiplayer for the rank, are the first to accuse other players of having no life.
Agreed, ranking based on good play, i.e. k/d ratio (possibility of dropping rank if you're k/d declines), pts to time played ratio (for ppl w/lives), headshots, etc.  I think if you make ranks challenging ppl will play w/in reason.  That's partially why WOW & BF2 are a success.  It really does add some prestige to the rank.  They didn't put a lotta thought into the cod4 rankings, why?  Developers know multiplayer is an important part of the game, so in the future this formula will hopefully be dealt w/more seriously. Some modder might have to lead the way.  The formula should at least be smarter than the bcs.

Sadly, I'm a major general II w/a week of leisure.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

makeuser wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Agreed, ranking based on good play, i.e. k/d ratio (possibility of dropping rank if you're k/d declines), pts to time played ratio (for ppl w/lives), headshots, etc.  I think if you make ranks challenging ppl will play w/in reason.  That's partially why WOW & BF2 are a success.  It really does add some prestige to the rank.  They didn't put a lotta thought into the cod4 rankings, why?  Developers know multiplayer is an important part of the game, so in the future this formula will hopefully be dealt w/more seriously. Some modder might have to lead the way.  The formula should at least be smarter than the bcs.

or games like BF2 promote hackers and carrier bombing macro using pussies in order to climb the ranks.  Ya...real special.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6628|Washington, DC

Brown_Cow wrote:

bs. Consolers get all the fun. Just cos they gotta buy a new one for 400 quid every other year.
lol que?
jord

usmarine2005 wrote:

makeuser wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

or games like BF2 promote hackers and carrier bombing macro using pussies in order to climb the ranks.  Ya...real special.
I'd probably bomb the carrier if there weren't ranks. It's a great laugh.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

jord wrote:

So is noob toobing...but that is not the point.
jord

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

No I'm actually going to keep to the point this time. I'm saying you'd probably find similar gameplay without ranks. People would still spawnkill/ baserape and whatever else people would do for "stats".
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6137|New Jersey

jord wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

No I'm actually going to keep to the point this time. I'm saying you'd probably find similar gameplay without ranks. People would still spawnkill/ baserape and whatever else people would do for "stats".
This is 100% true.  Ranks or no ranks, there will ALWAYS be douchebags out there.
makeuser
+5|6722|Texas
but that's a the pt, a new formula or reward system wouldn't reward ppl for spawn killing & base raping.  you must train the douche bag to be less douche baggy.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

makeuser wrote:

you must train the douche bag to be less douche baggy.
So would being a kakand armor whore make you less douche baggy?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard