Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6447|Newcastle NSW Australia
Just intrested to see what rules in reguards to perks weapons and game modes being used in ladders and competitions around the world.
I know most of the Australian ladders are restricting alot of the over powered perks and weapons and i think all of them are playing S&D archade mode.
The only scrims I have played in have all perks restricted with the exception of deep impact and only a few of the weapons such as the Barret restricted. These games have been pretty fun with not too much spam but still allowing the game to be played in it's true spirit. Being walled by some of the better teams while you running to a bomb site is pretty anoying though
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
...why not just allow all perks
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stock game ftw
thats why bf2 competition died as soon as bf2pro was introduced. well thats not the only reason...
Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

cause those who make the rules got owned...

Last edited by Hallvard (2007-11-24 16:52:54)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6462|meh-land
As i've said before, the main rule sets as far as i know are as follows:
Hardcore mode, no addons or perks, i don't think even GLs are allowed
Non hardcore, all perks and addons are enabled

I'd imagine competition will have a Domination, HQ, and S&D league
I'd like sabotage to do well but its just not very good for competition because the fact that you can kill someone easily from huge range makes it nearly impossible to plant the bomb without a sniper or infantryman somewhere planting a couple bullets in your skull
Flaming_Maniac

ig wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stock game ftw
thats why bf2 competition died as soon as bf2pro was introduced. well thats not the only reason...
edit: read your post wrong, I agree
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6447|Newcastle NSW Australia
Allowing all perks in a competition S&D game doesn't work. You have people pre with 3x frag grenades completely covering a bombsite for a whole round. Or you have people with the overkill perk and 2 AR's with noob tubes. It gets way too spammy. Thats why there are perk restrictions.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6462|meh-land

ig wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stock game ftw
nah, bfpro made the game better

competition died because 1.3 wasn't being fixed and stupid CAL didn't have the brains to make 1.2 the official league play patch instead of 1.3
ig
+1,199|6521

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ig wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stock game ftw
The stock game is everything that is included in the original game. bf2pro is the modified game.
https://bani.anime.net/o_rly.jpg
ig
+1,199|6521

Blehm98 wrote:

ig wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stock game ftw

competition died because 1.3 wasn't being fixed and stupid CAL didn't have the brains to make 1.2 the official league play patch instead of 1.3
when did hot and 20id leave bf2? after s4, which was the 1st season of pro.
Flaming_Maniac

ig wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ig wrote:

stock game ftw
The stock game is everything that is included in the original game. bf2pro is the modified game.
http://bani.anime.net/o_rly.jpg
DAMN you beat my edit
ig
+1,199|6521
Simon
basically
+838|6657|UK

ig wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

ig wrote:

stock game ftw

I'm guessing you're talking about US competetion, because the EU competetion definately didn't die when BFPro was introduced.
ig
+1,199|6521

Simon wrote:

ig wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

I'm guessing you're talking about US competetion, because the EU competetion definately didn't die when BFPro was introduced.
correct. i thought euros hated bf2pro. never knew they even used it.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6462|meh-land

ig wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

ig wrote:

stock game ftw

the teams left, but in case you didn't notice almost everyone from HOT joined CRucial and then warchild...

I can't get an official comment on that right now though, i don't have anyone from HOT or 20ID on my friends list online...
meh

x6 left for the most part too

again though, that could be because of the amount of bugs and such arising in bf2, especially since they've all dealt with it before in 1942 and with bf2 it was prolly just too much
Simon
basically
+838|6657|UK

ig wrote:

Simon wrote:

ig wrote:

correct. i thought euros hated bf2pro. never knew they even used it.
Didn't hate it, no EU competetion ladders/cups ever used it so why would any players switch/attempt to use it.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6310
I don't want all the perks, for instance I would rather not have someone in the match have a GL stopping power (or what ever increases your dmg) and mardom. I think it needs to be regulated or you can have certain combinations of perks
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6462|meh-land
no

because everything has weaknesses and such
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6574|London
PAM is coming out soon, apparently its the mod all COD players have used since forever. Till then, competitively the perk set includes things like bandolier, deep impact, stopping power and gets rid of perks including martyrdom, triple frags/special, last stand.

IMO they should keep all the perks, what's the point of cod4 if you're going to get rid of the special features?

Last edited by Aries_37 (2007-11-25 04:34:19)

naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6560|Southampton, UK

Aries_37 wrote:

PAM is coming out soon, apparently its the mod all COD players have used since forever. Till then, competitively the perk set includes things like bandolier, deep impact, stopping power and gets rid of perks including martyrdom, triple frags/special, last stand.

IMO they should keep all the perks, what's the point of cod4 if you're going to get rid of the special features?
More Challenging, and no unfair advantages.

IMO I don't really give a toss.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6738
While I find some perks annoying like martyrdom, playing on a FF on server solves that whole problem...  As for the other perks, Use what the game gave you.  I like hip firing, so I use steady aim....  I guess that pisses off the tactical servers, but I could careless.  Use what perks you have, expect other perks from other people.  If they last stand, throw more bullets into them...  Pretty simple
ig
+1,199|6521

Aries_37 wrote:

what's the point of cod4 if you're going to get rid of the special features?
exactly. if i wanted to play css i would...
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6687|"The Empire"

Knightnifer wrote:

no unfair advantages.
How can it be unfair when you all have the same choice of perks, its who uses them best that would count.
ig
+1,199|6521

mazerali62 wrote:

Knightnifer wrote:

no unfair advantages.
How can it be unfair when you all have the same choice of perks, its who uses them best that would count.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6775
I've already participated in match play, and it was modded so that only certain perks could be used. Martyrdom, last stand, etc were not allowed while double tap, increased health etc were.

Some are, some arnt.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard