Sky Broadband12%12% - 2
BT Total Broadband31%31% - 5
Be Unlimited12%12% - 2
Other43%43% - 7
Total: 16
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
K so i got a problem here, im moving into my new flat in 2 weeks but dont have Internet there yet. We want the most reasonable price but also the best reliability, also it can only be up to 6mb broadband. If it goes over that but is still cheap thats ok... Some of my mates also want sky so we can watch sky sports and bravo and shit. We are 4 people so obvious the cost is broken down over us and its only for 12 months.

Here are what ive found so far...

Shows Sky and BT

http://broadbandcomparison.sky.com/defa … e&ci=1

Shows Be

https://www.bethere.co.uk/homebroadband.do

Thx you.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6718|England. Stoke
I have heard bad things about sky broadband from a couple of people so I would avoid that if I were you, BT is ok but a bit expensive. That Be deall looks alright but don't really know anything about them.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6456|Boulder, CO
I've also heard bad things about sky broadband, that be sounds pretty good though, be lite's £15 but you only get 4 gig a month (that'd be fine for me though really) mind you with 4 of you then your probably better of with the £25 package.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
Another UKers out there that can help?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653
aol
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6488|Vancouver, USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

aol
/win
But I have comcast "high" speed internet.  I dont know if they have gotten over to Europe, but just make sure you stay away from them... they suck.
Balok77
+28|6158
Dont go Bt they fuck about with u man

They promised us 8 meg we got 1.5

took 6 hours on the phone to set up both comps
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6681|UK
Best broadband website in the UK, used to be called adslguide

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Use their compare page and post in the forums sections of the provider you take a liking too.

Last edited by m3thod (2007-08-06 16:06:51)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

m3thod wrote:

Best broadband website in the UK, used to be called adslguide

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Use their compare page and post in the forums sections of the provider you take a liking too.
Thats realy helpful. I would be interested in how the info is generated though. If its just from consumers it doesnt mean much at all. If your internet is perfect you have little reason to say so.. most people only do polls/feedback if they have bad experiences.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

* BT owns the switches and all the other hardware so the other providers are dependent on the quality of BT.
* If you encounter a problem with any other provider than BT they themselves must often call BT to find the source of the problem.
* BT equals, less waiting time when a problem occurs and they have a better service level dispite what others have stated.

Source - My brother living in London !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6780|Rotherham, England
Demon m8, been on since i moved into new house, not a single prob, great connection and no down time at all!

http://www.demon.net/demon/products/int … broadband/

I'm on the Home 8000
HeRbY
+13|6325
I used to be with Tiscali - they are the worst broadband I have ever seen (terrible customer service, huge ping for no reason, cutting off etc). I have since switched to Demon and I have yet to have a problem. Good customer service and high speeds/low ping. I have a mate on BT who spent 2 hours trying to convince them to check his line but they refused. 5 phone calls later they finally checked it and found serious problems with it. They have yet to do anything and that was 4 days ago...
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6585
Usually the major brands aren't the best to go with. I'm with eclipse and they offer great support.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6749
I am on BT Total Broadband and havent had any problems, seem a really good service, was on Pipex before and they were nothing but trouble and was glad to get off them.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
Well i just found out for some stupid reason the last tenants disconnected the BT line... fucking idiots. So now all i can get is virgin media.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6634|Birmingham, UK

Vilham wrote:

Well i just found out for some stupid reason the last tenants disconnected the BT line... fucking idiots. So now all i can get is virgin media.
Virgin media isn't so bad. I was with Telewest, then that got merged with ntl, then they bought rights to use the virgin name. Since I came from the Telewest route, the service is good and the speeds are excellent - reliability is superb. Just harass them to get what you want and they'll give in after a while!

Varegg wrote:

[1]* BT owns the switches and all the other hardware so the other providers are dependent on the quality of BT.
[2]* If you encounter a problem with any other provider than BT they themselves must often call BT to find the source of the problem.
[3]* BT equals, less waiting time when a problem occurs and they have a better service level dispite what others have stated.

Source - My brother living in London !
[1] Not always true - BT are having to sell off some of their hardware, and even when they don't they often have to grant access to other ISPs.
[2] See above.
[3] Debatable - BT have been improving, but for me Telewest (now part of Virgin media) have an excellent customer service. And BT isn't always less waiting time for a problem.

NOTE to Vilham: Virgin are sometimes a bit slow on warning you about maintenance (usually lasting for about 6 hours every 6 months or so) - they once told me it was going to happen... after it happened. The only problem I've truly had. I've been a customer for a while, and regulary phone them up to make sure they know I'm watching the prices - my bill is regularly coming down.

EDIT: See this for a comparison - note that Virgin Media comes second only to Be and Demon in those ratings.

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2007-08-07 03:33:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard