Crypto_420
+25|6834|Portland
I would like to see a map that is based over the ocean with aircraft carriers and 32 different jets helos etc.  What do you all think about that.  Or atlest a map with more than 2 jets perside.
chrispchikin
+3|6402
Wow, that would be interesting... ppl would get shot down a lot i spose...be lots of crashes above aircraft carriers...

Would b swt if it workd tho...maybe 8v8 would work?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6553|British Columbia, Canada
Download some mods, or play on some Server side  modded Servers...

EA will never make a map like this, they are done supporting BF2.
Crypto_420
+25|6834|Portland
yea 8 vs 8 would be cool, anythings better than the current setup of 2 max perside crap!!! Right now im working for General and its a fight for flight.....GIVE US MORE AIR MAPS WITH MORE AIR VEHICALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KVNY
+25|6647|SoCal
There was a map like that in Desert Combat (oh the memories).  There were two airfields, one for each team, on either side of the map and a bunch and airplanes and helos. Good times.  The best thing was infiltrating the enemy airfield to plant c4 on the planes and destroy the cloud-filled dreams of some overly-ambitious fly-boy .

Last edited by KVNY (2007-08-05 01:06:51)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
Yeah, No Fly Zone for DC was like that.

I downloaded a map a while ago (Wake Airshow), which was basically like that. Each army had a carrier filled with planes (that respawned instantly).

You didn't get to spend long in the air before you were shot down. It was fun though.
weasel_thingo
+74|6317
knowing ea it will be j10's vs f35s or the equivalent
TravisC555
+118|6210|Cox Convention Center, OK
There is a map like that, Wake Airshow, except it doesn't have 32 planes and helis.

http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/ … show;60577
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

You would have a LOT of planes ramming each other whilst they are evading each other's missile locks.

The map would have to be colossal in size for it to work with that many jets. Im talking something like 2-5 times bigger than Tampa.
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6387
I wish people would play more BF2C Wake Airshow
shoot2kill500
+0|6134|canada
They used to have exacly that for bf1942, 2 carriers and just a bunch of island inbetween (so u couldnt move the carriers towards each other, back when u could) im at a loss for the name of the map thou...but the point is its a tired idea.
Longbow
+163|6637|Odessa, Ukraine

shoot2kill500 wrote:

They used to have exacly that for bf1942, 2 carriers and just a bunch of island inbetween (so u couldnt move the carriers towards each other, back when u could) im at a loss for the name of the map thou...but the point is its a tired idea.
Midway Island ?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6549|Hungary
1. Any flags what we could cap ?
2. Carrier raping and attacking would be an every round thing.
3. I would like to see a map with 8 jets per team
firebolt5
+114|6146
Err, you can make that map yourself...  There is a reason why there is a map/mod editor for BF2.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6156
yes, that would be cool, but there's a map editor, make that map and post it here

I'm counting on you
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6185|Schofield Barracks
if that map was made all the people who cant fly liek myself would want in so we would make it easy for teh people who can fly
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6327
wake air show
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6318|105 RVK
go play wake airshow.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6610|Manitowoc, WI
Choppers probably wouldn't work because all they would be able to kill (besides the occasion lucky jet kill) would be other choppers, and first of all, technically choppers aren't meant to do that, and 2nd of all, they would be killed a lot.

Also, it would either need to be over land, because the F-35 is the only jet that can take off of a carrier in BF2, and a 8 on 8 dogfight with F-35's against J-10's would get annoying as hell fast.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6138|Texas
F-18s vs MiG-29s. More balanced than F35/J10
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6387

BolvisOculus wrote:

Choppers probably wouldn't work because all they would be able to kill (besides the occasion lucky jet kill) would be other choppers, and first of all, technically choppers aren't meant to do that, and 2nd of all, they would be killed a lot.

Also, it would either need to be over land, because the F-35 is the only jet that can take off of a carrier in BF2, and a 8 on 8 dogfight with F-35's against J-10's would get annoying as hell fast.
No, as on Wake Airshow you can place three jets ( Mig, F-18 and other ) next to eachother allowing those to take off using the runway. 

Just download Wake Airshow the map's already there just a shame that no one's actually actively playing that map.
Kurse
The Black Wizards
+16|6724|California

Longbow wrote:

shoot2kill500 wrote:

Midway Island ?
It was Coral Sea. Both had good air combat though.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6700|Oklahoma City
The BF2: Mercenaries Mod also had a map exactly like what you are talking about. It was something like 3-4 carriers per team, out in the middle of the ocean, loaded down with jets (fighters and bombers) and helos. You spawned directly into a random vehicle position. The bombers also dropped napalm, which was fun to drop on the decks of enemy carriers. You could play (if I remember correctly) 32 or 64 person, and you could add bots of varying intelligence.

Here is a link to mercenaries 9.0. I think this is still the newest one.
http://www.fileplanet.com/155900/150000 … aries-v6.0

(Yes, I know it says v6.0 in the link, but it is really v9.0).

I can't find that map right away, but you might be able to if you look. It might be the battleships map, I can't remember.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

BolvisOculus wrote:

I can take off the carrier sideways in an F-15 (Think the F35 in dragon but straight instead of diagonal).. just run the burner and pull up.

Carrier wouldn't be a problem IMO.
Smithereener
+138|6307|California

Longbow wrote:

shoot2kill500 wrote:

Midway Island ?
Coral Sea. My god I loved that map. Bail over the islands with the Defence Guns and rape the carrier with those.

But seriously, I really did like that map. Would love to see a BF2 version, but probably won't happen.

Edit: Villan just brought up BoB. Love that map too! GAH, I think I'll play 1942 again.

Last edited by Smithereener (2007-08-05 13:47:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard