Do you Ban Entire Clans?

Yes39%39% - 36
No60%60% - 56
Total: 92
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6498|Somewhere else

Long story short.

]ESF[  24/7 Dragon Valley server.  Some friend of an admin tries to steal a Clanmate and I's chopper.  My clan mate, who is an asshole alot, TKs him.  He bitches all round and says hes gonna go find an admin.

Moments later he's back with an admin and sure enough we both get kicked because of the 12 year old noob.   NOw we get back on  the server, and my clan mate starts TKing.

I typed in "he does what he wants, kick him if tou like"  I get banned too anyway.

So my question is, do you server admins ban whole clans just because one moron or just get rid of the troublemaker?

EDIT: we were sitting by the chopper spawn at wood yard all alone waiting to spawn, and he comes rolling up from the rear base, just after crashing the other attack chopper.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-07-28 18:20:16)

RoosterCantrell
+399|6498|Somewhere else

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

Most likely man admins are almost always little kids lol i got banned for saying cockpit becuase of cock...
yeah, it sucks, I was just wondering.  I know there is a thread to complain about servers, so ill leave THAT there. Here im just posting the question.

I like that server too
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6545|Belgium

only the guy who breaks the rules.
edit: and the cockpit kick is auto-admin, it's not a real person who kicks you for that. The computer just detects the words, checks the lists for words that are not allowed and depending on how many bad words you can say on a server, you are kicked.

Last edited by De_Jappe (2007-07-28 18:23:09)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6760|FUCK UBISOFT

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

Most likely man admins are almost always little kids lol i got banned for saying cockpit becuase of cock...
we had ho on our word filter and i got banned several times for saying "show me how to ..." or "i hope you get your stats fixed" etc.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6342|Graz, Austria
Haha!
Swear word filters are the most ridiculous and useless thing ever.
If you really have the urge to swear, you can easily circumvent the filter.

It only annoys people when they get warned/banned if their completely harmless words contain something the filter doesn't like (i.e. something the stupid admins thought to be nasty).

And besides, I can always fall back to my native language if I want to swear, ihr arschgefickten Drecksäcke!
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6472|USA
IF I were an admin shit wouldn't be right in the server.
Panther0071
+5|6240
in this case i would of those your clan mate to clam down.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6472|USA

Panther0071 wrote:

The fuck did you just type?
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6481|meh-land

elite.mafia wrote:

Panther0071 wrote:

The fuck did you just type?
correction:
did type you just?

ESF serves are gay, their admins are gay, and the clan is simply gay in and of itself.  They have a rank requirement for goodness sakes, that shows you how pathetic of a clan it is
RoosterCantrell
+399|6498|Somewhere else

I had a suspicion lately that thier servers were shit. I played on them for a while and never had an admin problem, when I finally do, Perm ban..oh well.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-07-28 20:35:49)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6827|Marathon, Florida Keys
TOP is banned from servers we havent even been on. Mainly because of our rep of being "OMFG HAXORZ/ PADDORZ"
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6549
Most of my clan is banned from Drunkenmasters since we have a tendency to remove any noobs that obviously do not belong in a chopper. Ofcourse this removal does not always leave happy people.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6409

No, I haven't banned anyone from the AU server yet.  In fact, I haven't even kicked anyone.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6728|Oklahoma City
Eh, banning and kicking is just stupid now a days on most servers...

My clan played on a server recently with big "NO BUNNY-HOPPING, NO DOLPHIN DIVING" in their scrolling rules.

We had just logged in and A clan mate started getting shot in the back and then ran towards a building. When he got there, he jumped as he went around the corner. He instantly got kicked for "Bunny Hopping."

He logged back on and asked "Why did I get kicked? It said for excessive teamkilling and I had just logged in." And he got kicked again for "Arguing with Admin Decisions"

The admin who was shooting him in the back and kicking him then ran into a crowd of us, bunny hopping and dolphin diving. He killed one of my other clan mates before we killed him.

He then kicked the guy that killed him.

Another clan mate asked why he is kicking people for doing what he is kicking, and the admin on the server started cursing and kicking and/or banning all of us with my clan tag...

It can tick you off, and you can wish there was something you can do about it... But if people just stop playing on those servers, they die out eventually... I have played long enough to see it happen a LOT... Crappy admin end up killing every server they are on...
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6493|Foothills of S. Carolina

I dont see why you would ban a whole clan....  I have tried to warn or kick a few guys but the ones I try either another admin beats me to it, or they have a funky name spelling....
Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6147|817---->907
I was warned for language today because I called a guy "Toilet Breath".
Anyway, my clan |sRs| is banned from two web sites, the first [21stS-S] for personal vendettas ( we tried to get EA involved and they said they could in-fact ban us), and with Christian gamerz cause one of my clan mates called the admins a bunch of "Americans that are descended from the continent of Africa".  The 2nd one, we definitely got our moneys worth in the ban.  I would have banned us.
Vicious-88
+0|6154

globefish23 wrote:

Haha!
Swear word filters are the most ridiculous and useless thing ever.
If you really have the urge to swear, you can easily circumvent the filter.

It only annoys people when they get warned/banned if their completely harmless words contain something the filter doesn't like (i.e. something the stupid admins thought to be nasty).

And besides, I can always fall back to my native language if I want to swear, ihr arschgefickten Drecksäcke!
I don't understand how this happened since I hadn't actually typed anything, but I was kicked once because I used the commorose to spot a mig and apparantly the ass in "enemy air assets" got me the boot.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6728|Oklahoma City

Moo? Si! wrote:

I was warned for language today because I called a guy "Toilet Breath".
Anyway, my clan |sRs| is banned from two web sites, the first [21stS-S] for personal vendettas ( we tried to get EA involved and they said they could in-fact ban us), and with Christian gamerz cause one of my clan mates called the admins a bunch of "Americans that are descended from the continent of Africa".  The 2nd one, we definitely got our moneys worth in the ban.  I would have banned us.
1 guy called the admin a name and the whole clan got banned, or the rest of you egged stuff on? Cause I still can't see banning a clan for 1 guy's poor choice of language...
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6746|Honolulu, HI
[QXJZ] clan was nearly banned from one of the (few remaining) IO Special Forces servers about a month ago because of some skill-less player insisting "ZOMG THOSE OXJZ [sic] NOOBS MUST BE HAXING".  No big deal, we've been accused of it many a time, but apparently he was a friend of the admin (who was on at the moment).  Luckily we were saved by some other guy who said, "They can't be hacking, they're not that great."

Possibly the only time in my BF2 career that I've been thankful for an insult.   (And to thank him for it, we kicked his ass to the curb of Warlord next round, lol)
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6240|Finland

De_Jappe wrote:

edit: and the cockpit kick is auto-admin, it's not a real person who kicks you for that. The computer just detects the words, checks the lists for words that are not allowed and depending on how many bad words you can say on a server, you are kicked.
YEAH i thinks nobody on bf2's kick whole clans if only one break rules(against rules isn't it?), and on our old server i still didn't kick entire clan's only those who broke rules...
Still you can see those server which kick whole clans (even one with rule, no more than 2 same clan members allowed :S)

Edit: one time i got kicked because i was only guy left on our team(no flags), then they kicked me because i was killing them while capping flag? that is lol...

Last edited by [Fin]Dami3n (2007-07-28 23:56:56)

JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6296|Mo Val, Cali
ESF has some bullshit rules and admin.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6693|Canberra, AUS
Whole clans will only be kicked/banned from our server if numerous members of the clan start spilling abuse over into other servers/internets.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ey3
+5|6169
Hahaha, those ESF guys have it on you to?, my mate and I we're banned for *RUINING OUR FUN*

ESF are noobs, they dont belong on BF2, I bet they cant even masturbate properly..
Shakez
+39|6188
I would only ban a whole clan, if they were recruiting on the server.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6583|Area 51

De_Jappe wrote:

Unless we have something personal against that that and they are acting like smacktards, but only happened liek, once?

Mmm..it sounds like I need to pay ESF a visit and start annoying them

Last edited by RDMC (2007-07-29 02:05:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard