Poll

What do you do when you encounter an enemy tank with no visable cover?

Run like hell.17%17% - 39
Think of the funny side and run with your knife out.9%9% - 20
Pull out your M203 and fire a futile shot.4%4% - 10
Call for back up and hope someone caps his ass.4%4% - 9
Hop like mad and throw C4.10%10% - 22
Cry like a n00b over the chat and blame him for "hax"1%1% - 4
Pull out your SRAW and shoot it.14%14% - 31
Die, then respawn as Spec Opps and take him out.18%18% - 40
Shoot like hell with your PKM while screaming.3%3% - 8
Your option.16%16% - 35
Total: 218
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6729|Debris From Space
Please vote.

If you have your own option, please post what it is. I just want to see how people react to this encounter.
Blankwindow
+1|6727
depending on the situation but sometimes i will run and "ghost" the tank if he wasn't looking my way but running up and around stay always behind the turret.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
Wow 11 votes already. Thanks for the feed back guys.
shaggyp
+1|6725|Florida
lay prone and wait to be squished.
caleqs
+9|6709
I like the knife idea. I'm going to start doing that. If I'm going to go down, I might as well go down laughing.
Far
+22|6732|USA
I've been playing Medic alot lately (usually SpecOps) so I've been going through the motions of C4'ing with my medic bag out.
Nothing funnier scaring the crap out of a tanker, getting him to hop out, and then you hop in and finish him off.
If only it worked more often than not.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6754|Upper Franconia
I take out my knife [really], and run behind the turret of the tank. Then I hope the driver gets out that I can knife him.
Sometimes I run away or get under the tank.
Badcow68
+4|6727|Tucson, AZ
Take on the tank.....seems fair to me. I'm not there to sell cookies....mostly
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6741
When I am not able to take out tank. I just move right over/under/near him so he cannot spot me.

I rember on Kubra Dam I was Sniper. an enemy AA was claiming flag. I couldn't defeat it, so I went right under him. He couldnt cap flag coz of me. Finally he left the AA to search and I took the AA and owned him Muhahahha
topal63
. . .
+533|6720

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

When I am not able to take out tank. I just move right over/under/near him so he cannot spot me.

I rember on Kubra Dam I was Sniper. an enemy AA was claiming flag. I couldn't defeat it, so I went right under him. He couldnt cap flag coz of me. Finally he left the AA to search and I took the AA and owned him Muhahahha
Thats actually a good tactic. . . !

And,

This one worked on me the other day a C4 tosser plopped a couple near me in a tank - crap! I hopped out - CRAP! He hopped in! BLAMMO engineer go BYE BYE!
[MC]RG-Conan
+0|6758|Ventura, CA
Run to the nearest TOW.
shaggyp
+1|6725|Florida

topal63 wrote:

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

Thats actually a good tactic. . . !

And,

This one worked on me the other day a C4 tosser plopped a couple near me in a tank - crap! I hopped out - CRAP! He hopped in! BLAMMO engineer go BYE BYE!
yeah, you're probably pretty dead in that situation, but if you chuck a mine on top of the tank you can least take him with ya.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
So far, respawning as Spec Opps and taking them out seems to be a winner.

I would probably get my knife out and try to jump on top of the tank. This also works if there is a gunner on it, you just run, jump slash then run away laughing your ass off while some loser is wondering how he could have been killed by a knife.
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6724|Toronto, ON, CAN
I tend to play possum... hope he didn't see you laying there, and if he did, then I usually do a run, prone, jump dance... looks like klumpin', but it is just another version of Serpentine Movement (supposed to make you a harder target to hit... I think it just looks funny).
Then I wait for whatever position the ragdoll physics makes the body lay in after I was blown to bits.
I was anti tank yesterday, and ran out of SRAW's, but if you still point the tube at him, it still registers as a targeting sound, and they haul out of there... laughing the whole time I was screaming for some ammo!!!
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6732|Rochester, NY
A Combination of all of those choices.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6839|Finland
I spot the tank and after that ask for arti and spawn as spec ops.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Bunny hop as fast as I can to cover
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6742|Hamilton, Scotland

[MC]RG-Conan wrote:

Run to the nearest TOW.
thats what i do, but usually the guy spots me or the frickin run bar runs out and i get plastered by a 120mm smoothbore cannon! (its better than being hit by the MG)
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

If I can't deal withthe tank myself, I say to someone "TAKE CARE OF THAT FUCKING TANK" and am usually kicked. It sucks that you can't jump on top of tanks like in BF1942 of BF:V.  The slightest touch from a moving veichle and you're dead.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer

SunTzu wrote:

I tend to play possum... hope he didn't see you laying there, and if he did, then I usually do a run, prone, jump dance... looks like klumpin', but it is just another version of Serpentine Movement (supposed to make you a harder target to hit... I think it just looks funny).
Then I wait for whatever position the ragdoll physics makes the body lay in after I was blown to bits.
I was anti tank yesterday, and ran out of SRAW's, but if you still point the tube at him, it still registers as a targeting sound, and they haul out of there... laughing the whole time I was screaming for some ammo!!!
Yeah that scares the shit out of tank people when they hear that sound and have no idea where you are. haha.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6741

Tyferra wrote:

If I can't deal withthe tank myself, I say to someone "TAKE CARE OF THAT FUCKING TANK" and am usually kicked. It sucks that you can't jump on top of tanks like in BF1942 of BF:V.  The slightest touch from a moving veichle and you're dead.
that got fixed in the last patch.
Speelbal
+146|6754|Netherlands
My option: Run towards the tank and crawl under it. (Yes you can get under it and not die.) Mostly tank users don't know what to do and back up a lot. Then I'll try to find cover at the other side of where I was before. Mostly I die in the proccess.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6849|-
I'd run at it, pistols blazin'.
topal63
. . .
+533|6720
Honestly it be cool if you could hop from a building or something onto a tank and toss a grenade INTO it and blow the driver up from the inside (that's my non-existent option).

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-21 13:35:55)

uk.solidsnake
+3|6710|England, UK

topal63 wrote:

Honestly it be cool if you could hop from a building or something onto a tank and toss a grenade INTO it and blow the driver up from the inside (that's my non-existent option).
I've been thinking from day one you should be able to do this. If you are good enough to get on top of the tank unnoticed and drop a grenade inside, it should kill the driver. But for now I'm quite content with knifing the gunner from out the top.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard