stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

So I'm walking from my car to a local provider of groceries in downtown Newport Beach this afternoon, on my way to work. Now, I had just finished with some Marine-related classes, so I was still dressed in my Cammie pants, boots, and secksy OD shirt.

I'm minding my own business, strolling through the isles looking for Pop tarts, when I start to notice the "upper class" members of the supermarket are glaring at me. I go up to the 10 items or less line, it has about 8 people in it. I have my poptarts (strawberry, frosted), A bottle of milk, bread, jelly, honey, ice, and a copy of Mountain Bike magazine. Now things get interesting.

The lady at the counter seems nice enough, but the other patrons are another story. The bag boy doesn't bag my groceries. I kinda shrug and start bagging it myself, while he sits in the little conclave and breathes at me. Awkward.

So after an ornate about face to get my change, the man behind me goes off. He is mid to late 30's. He has an A & F t-shirt on, expensive warn jeans, and what looked like Nike Air 2.0's (red).

He goes into various anti-war slander, the usuall

"Bush sucks.... Republicans are losing the war"

"dying in vain"

"Peace now"

etc.

Now, this goes on for a good 3 minutes, with other people in line joining in to the mans crusade against me. Then it got personal. A blond bimbo trophy wife second to last in line SCREAMS at me, "I hope you AND all of your friends DIE in Iraq for being so ignorant!"

Oh bitch, best not be saying that to a D.E.P'ing Marine that just had his first week of hand to hand combat training.

Now, this whole time, I had stood there, studious like, taking it all in. But now it was my turn.

First was the man. I commented on his appearance, and what it showed me. I went through the whole line of people belittling me and the others who didn't have a voice. It felt good.

Then, after I was done, the bimbo lady says to me again, "And what do you have to show for yourself hotshot?"

I did a quarter turn to my right, where a flag was hanging from the ceiling. I came to attention and saluted, while saying:

"I am a Citizen of the United States of America, A United States Marine, A Firefighter for this state. I think I've shown enough."

End salute, about face, and I walked out of the store.

Now, aside from being able to assert my linguistic skills into a situation, doesn't that situation feel.... Wrong?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

I love California.  Never would see that shit in Ohio.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-07-27 19:06:43)

trippy982
+34|6400
You must live in California with all the libs, airhead celebrities, crazy religious fanatics, and illegals.  Here in Chicago we honor our troops.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6482|Somewhere else

hippies.... should have told them a whale was dying on shore.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6480|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I get that all the time.  Favorite response is "Well sir/m'am, you are entitled to your opinion, and you may rest easy that I will die so you may have it."
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6330

I wish that woman who told you to die in Iraq was a man. That way at least you could have punched ONE of the people. Just to show whos boss.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

People who disrespect soldiers are the ones who deserve to die. That is absolutely terrible and makes me feel ashamed for society. If I happen to start up a conversation with someone in the army, navy, marines, air force, etc. I be sure and thank them for serving our country.

People are so fucking political these days and think that they are at the center of the universe and are just allowed to yell out their ignorant opinions to anyone.

Soldiers deserve the most respect of anyone. They are on a whole different level. They're willing to serve and protect our country and do the job that none of these other ignorant, arrogant, shitheads wanted to do.

I wish I were there with you so I could've yelled at all those douchebags.
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6340|EsSeX
yes it was wrong

having a go at a council official - senator - Congress man - president is OK

but making a stand against the Armed forces who are just doing there job is just stupid
(except when the Armed forces are policing the streets)
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6640|Amsterdam, NY

stryyker wrote:

A blond bimbo trophy wife second to last in line SCREAMS at me, "I hope you AND all of your friends DIE in Iraq for being so ignorant!"
Arent these the same people who say they support the troops but not the war
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

I'm gonna start thanking every soldier I see, like on the bus or train. I always hear stories about soldiers getting, for a lack of a better word, flamed just because of their uniform.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Still confused though Stryyker.......
gameaddict
+35|6682|let op drempels
+1 for your incredible self control.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

How are you a Marine and a firefighter?  I thought you were still in high school?
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6480|Communist Republic of CA, USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

How are you a Marine and a firefighter?  I thought you were still in high school?
Volunteer Firemen I bet.  You can do that here at 16.  And he goes into the Marines next year, he's just doing DEP.

Oh and want to know what really sucks stryyker?  Experiencing all that from your own Mother.

Last edited by Major.League.Infidel (2007-07-27 19:16:50)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Volunteer Firemen I bet.  You can do that here at 16.  And he goes into the Marines next year, he's just doing DEP.
oh

Well then good on ya.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

usmarine2005 wrote:

There inlies the fun. Since I DEP'ed so early, they are letting me observe on classes and training. Always a good thing.

AND Since I took fire science as a freshman, (now being a senior), I do ride-alongs with the local station, as well as wildland fire(s).

I pretty much morphed the last 2 years of high school to my advantage.

Oh and want to know what really sucks stryyker?  Experiencing all that from your own Mother.
Eesh, ouchies.

Last edited by stryyker (2007-07-27 19:18:50)

topthrill05
+125|6580|Rochester NY USA
Can anyone say Vietnam?

Totally uncalled for. But seeing that you are in California...... Sigh just know that in most states the people have the up most respect for you guys.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6382|MN

I get that all the time.  Favorite response is "Well sir/m'am, you are entitled to your opinion, and you may rest easy that I will die so you may have it."
This is the best one.  Don't stoop to there level.  It really is what it is all about.  Defending our way of life.  Thanks to all those who defend it.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6346|New York
Wow, I've never heard of such disrespect toward a serviceman in my life!  The nerve of some people to belittle someone who puts their life on the line everyday just so douche bags like that have the right to rant like little bitches.  Stryyker you should move to New York where we stand shoulder to shoulder in support of our troops and put petty politics aside.  Trust me if someone showed that type of disrespect to a Marine in my town they would be leaving the grocery store horizontally and eating their meals out of a tube for six months.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6598
Well Fuck me with a spoon!

I remember when I was in the airport coming home from a family vacation and an entire group of soldiers were exiting from the adjacent gate.  Everyone stopped what they were doing, looked at the soldier's and started to clap.  It was awesome, about 10 gates were just clapping away like Bush just got impeached and the soldiers remained their modest selves.

Granted this was the opposite side of the country (Philly) but still, people have no respect anymore...for anything.

Last edited by MorbiD.ShoT (2007-07-27 19:27:01)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

The proper way to handle those type of situations...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … ;plindex=3
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

Villain{NY} wrote:

Wow, I've never heard of such disrespect toward a serviceman in my life!  The nerve of some people to belittle someone who puts their life on the line everyday just so douche bags like that have the right to rant like little bitches.  Stryyker you should move to New York where we stand shoulder to shoulder in support of our troops and put petty politics aside.  Trust me if someone showed that type of disrespect to a Marine in my town they would be leaving the grocery store horizontally and eating their meals out of a tube for six months.
Hip throw + head lock = eternal sleep
chittydog
less busy
+586|6837|Kubra, Damn it!

Wow. I've never witnessed anything like that in my life. It sounds so unreal I kept waiting for the Fresh Prince routine to finish it off.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

the complete ignorance of some people is outstanding - +1 on your composure
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6455|Ontario, Canada

stryyker wrote:

I did a quarter turn to my right, where a flag was hanging from the ceiling. I came to attention and saluted, while saying:

"I am a Citizen of the United States of America, A United States Marine, A Firefighter for this state. I think I've shown enough."

End salute, about face, and I walked out of the store.
Wtf? Who the hell does that in public?
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard