AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Hey guys,

I'd like to know what the hell is making the sound on Sharqi like a violin being struck(almost like the jaws theme). It sounds like its a warning, but I can't work out what for or why.

I don't think I've heard it on any other maps, certainly not Karkand when all you hear is 'grenade!'

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on it. So does anyone know?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6642|Camoran's Paradise
Where is this?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

what?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6419|My room
Is it when you're capping flags? Cuz I've heard music in Jalalabad when I'm capping the Junkyard or Fountain.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

I'll see if I can get a video of it. It just bugging me lately.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

I think its Sharqi, though I'm not sure, but I swear I can hear that fast paced drum music from BHD, very faintly but its definately ther, I can only hear it through ma headphnes though.
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6419|My room

M.O.A.B wrote:

I think its Sharqi, though I'm not sure, but I swear I can hear that fast paced drum music from BHD, very faintly but its definately ther, I can only hear it through ma headphnes though.
Yeah, that's exactly what I hear in Jalalabad.
weasel_thingo
+74|6324
yeah there are alot of sounds on the maps, if you go in the buildings that have stairs up the side and then stairs to the roof you can often hear music or rattling, also on sharqi go in the arch near city entrace and stand in it for a few secs and you can hear a noise like thunder.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

weasel_thingo wrote:

yeah there are alot of sounds on the maps, if you go in the buildings that have stairs up the side and then stairs to the roof you can often hear music or rattling, also on sharqi go in the arch near city entrace and stand in it for a few secs and you can hear a noise like thunder.
Feckin creepy, the worst one is when someone blurts out the taunt nearby and you dony know they're there.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6190|14072
How do you taunt, I always wondered that.
Mystline
Banned
+38|6118|United States
Feels good that I'm not the only one that noticed those sounds, I thought I was going crazy.
weasel_thingo
+74|6324

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

you apparently spot someone kill them and spot them again however this rarely seems to work for me, i have heard people say it has something to do with the 2142 veterans program but others said 1.41 gave it to everyone.

Last edited by weasel_thingo (2007-07-26 19:35:50)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6569

weasel_thingo wrote:

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

you apparently spot someone kill them and spot someone again however this rarely seems to work for me, i have heard people say it has something to do with the 2142 veterans program but others said 1.41 gave it to everyone.
No idea where you got that from.

BF2 doesn't need taunts anyway, just teabag them.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

you can taunt? since when?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
weasel_thingo
+74|6324
never heard the "evil laugh"?
cospengle
+140|6485|Armidale, NSW, Australia
No you can't taunt. Sometimes you hear a laugh, but AFAIK no one has worked out exactly what causes it. It seems to happen sometimes when you spot someone as they get killed and stuff like that.

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I'd like to know what the hell is making the sound on Sharqi like a violin being struck(almost like the jaws theme). It sounds like its a warning, but I can't work out what for or why.
The only sound that I can think of that would fit that description is the sort of 'clang' on the crane. Or maybe you mean the flag on the flag pole sound.

EDIT: The first time I heard the laugh was after I'd had a few beers and I thought someone was in TS, so I ALt+Tabbed out of BF2 and there was no one else in TS, and the last person to leave was hours ago. So I actually took off my head phones and looked behind me expecting to see a guy in a hockey mask or something but of course there was no one there. Then I though I must have had a few too many and went to bed lol.

Last edited by cospengle (2007-07-26 19:45:18)

HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6655|California
There are sounds on all of the maps..

I've heard Cats...  dogs barking...  dishes....  machinery running...

Its usually a small area... if you hear it...  back up a little...

Of course there is the FROG on mashturr city... it's under a bridge... once you see it jump... you have to back up and walk towards it again...

Somewhere I have a pic of it...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Okay I've been able to work out where I'm able to hear it, you climb the building that overlooks Surveillance Point on Sharqi. Its got a ladder in that tight alleyway at the back of the building.

You walk around the rooftop for awhile and hear a very sharp sound that I guess it supposed to be the sound of the rusty satalite dish and chimneys blowing in the breeze.

I tried it on an empty server and it was there. For some reason fraps isn't capturing sounds, video only. I havn't used it before unfortunately.
USARANGER01
+35|6645|America

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Of course there is the FROG on mashturr city... it's under a bridge... once you see it jump... you have to back up and walk towards it again...

really? man i wanna see a video of that!
Smithereener
+138|6313|California

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

I've seen the frog. But, the one time I stopped to look, I get my head blown off by a sniper.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6227|NSW, Australia

on devils perch you can hear a car, sounds like its just a single car driving off on a freeway, but the funny thing is devils perch is like 3 islands... lol
cospengle
+140|6485|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Nappy wrote:

on devils perch you can hear a car, sounds like its just a single car driving off on a freeway, but the funny thing is devils perch is like 3 islands... lol
No, that was me capping your main
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria
A frog? That's a new one for me.

The music you hear in the houses with the roof access is a crappy metal band rehearsing.

About the taunting:
It supposedly works by spotting a dead enemy you have just killed, but only if you have subscribed to the BF2142 veterans program and have BF2142 installed on your machine.

Since I don't have that game, I couldn't tell for sure.
If anyone is able to do the taunting in one way or the other, could you please tell me if you hear the evil laugh yourself too?

Last edited by globefish23 (2007-07-27 01:53:28)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268

globefish23 wrote:

About the taunting:
It supposedly works by spotting a dead enemy you have just killed, but only if you have subscribed to the BF2142 veterans program and have BF2142 installed on your machine.

Since I don't have that game, I couldn't tell for sure.
If anyone is able to do the taunting in one way or the other, could you please tell me if you hear the evil laugh yourself too?
I have all those requirements and i can't get it to work no matter how many dead enemies i spot.
JaggedPanther
+61|6471
the only thing I can remember are those dam birds

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard