Balok77
+28|6145
For those of u who have downloaded the 1.8 gig file what do you all think of it?

I like the new insurgents and civilian classes. The sounds are alot better on all the kits as well.

I do not however like the 17 sq kilometre map, no jets and it takes ridiculous amounts of time to get anywhere on it

Last edited by Balok77 (2007-07-18 12:30:55)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
I played my first ever few games of PR before (downloaded 0.6 last night), and i have to say i enjoyed myself . My first game sucked. Got 16 deaths and no kills (I'm awesome), and our team lost all its flags.

But in the 2 games after that i was a squad leader, and our team won both times. However my team in the first game was full of people shooting the civilians, but we still managed to just win. I managed to get a gold star too. The second one was good too. A mountainous forest map (not sure of the names). Its a lot slower paced than BF2. But i liked it. Its the first time i've ever chatted with the other squad leaders to coordinate attacks.

I tried the 17 sq km map on a local server and i didnt like it either. I also didn't like the large desert map i had the first game on (something oilfields). No cover at all. But the other 2 games were good.
firebolt5
+114|6152
Kashan Desert has jets and helicopters...  That's probably the biggest map currently on PR.
zeidmaan
+234|6412|Vienna

Kashan Desert 32 players version doesn't have jets... only attack choppers. The 64 version has jets.

I haven't played the official release since I'm on holidays till mid August but I played many hours of beta and I liked most changes.
JT_001
+17|6417|Canada
Where can I get PR v0.6??  www.realitymod.com is down and I can only find v0.5 on Torrent sites!

Nevermind -- found it at http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/ … 6#Download

Last edited by JT_001 (2007-07-18 13:23:19)

JT_001
+17|6417|Canada
Cool!  Civilians have stones to throw.  Can't wait to try owning a tank with stones.
SGT.Mays
+2|6740|Ohio
LOL, i sat on top of a brit APC pelting it with stones for about 5 minutes. It was sweet becuase i would hit all the soldiers that came out of it, absolutely hilarious untill that jeep cut me down.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6387

I'm still downloading.

Shooting civs = fail.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-07-18 14:38:39)

JT_001
+17|6417|Canada

SGT.Mays wrote:

LOL, i sat on top of a brit APC pelting it with stones for about 5 minutes. It was sweet becuase i would hit all the soldiers that came out of it, absolutely hilarious untill that jeep cut me down.
Sweet!

I'm still downloading too... another 3 hours or so

Should be worth the wait, though.

Last edited by JT_001 (2007-07-18 14:38:52)

Reiskis
+6|6147|Bartlett Illinois
I thought it was a very good mod lots of team play involved you die allot easier and i hate how your have to request a kit but it rocks in my world.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.
I can delete 0.5 right? The new one is full and not just a patch?
JT_001
+17|6417|Canada

pirana6 wrote:

I would think you just patch 0.6 over top of 0.5
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6752
Right now i say its not that good, because many new players joined PR who did not read manuals or watch videos and act like they are on vBF2. Every 5 minutes someone asks what a shovel can do or say that the medic bag dont work (click to heal), dont know how to request kits (many squadleaders running around without officer kit) etc. It will need a few weeks to get better IMO, but then it'll be awesome.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6530|Cardiff
it is in fact nub central, prolly coz everyone and there dog has downloaded the latest version recently and not played it b4.  RTFM peeps...but really actually u do need to read the manual b4 playing, honest.

That said there are a truck load of servers running which is a good thing if u ask me as i was basically stuck with 2 servers that were ranked that i liked on .5.  also they have reduced the recoil on most of the rifles which is awesome and prolly the best thing about playing the beta is the fact that im used to all the new stuff so dont have to get owned learning it when its ranked. yay.

scoped g3 = win.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6530|Cardiff

JT_001 wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

you dont need .5 to install .6, its a self inclusive setup.  all u need is bf2, prolly with the 1.41 patch on it although i cant confirm that atm.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.

[THE] comben wrote:

JT_001 wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

you dont need .5 to install .6, its a self inclusive setup.  all u need is bf2, prolly with the 1.41 patch on it although i cant confirm that atm.
spank you very much!
KVNY
+25|6653|SoCal

pirana6 wrote:

[THE] comben wrote:

JT_001 wrote:

spank you very much!
If you have .5 allready installed, i've heard its best to uninstall it before installing .6

Last edited by KVNY (2007-07-18 15:15:23)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.

KVNY wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

[THE] comben wrote:

spank you very much!
If you have .5 allready installed, i've heard its best to uninstall it before installing .6
Yeah that's what I did, but just to get the extra 4 gigs of space.
GR34
+215|6542|ALBERTA> CANADA
WAY TO DAM MANY N00BS in .6 they wrecked PR with there NADE SPAM and complaining b/c the helo killed them b/c they don't have piolet kit

AND MOST of all I hate thows god dam mothafucking n00bs who say "I HATE THE REQUEST KIT THING" GO BACK TO FUCKING VANILLA BF2 U FUCKING N00b

Last edited by GR34 (2007-07-18 15:52:18)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6560|British Columbia, Canada

GR34 wrote:

WAY TO DAM MANY N00BS in .6 they wrecked PR with there NADE SPAM and complaining b/c the helo killed them b/c they don't have piolet kit

AND MOST of all I hate thows god dam mothafucking n00bs who say "I HATE THE REQUEST KIT THING" GO BACK TO FUCKING VANILLA BF2 U FUCKING N00b
The request kit is annoying, it doesn't change the game play, its just a nuisance.

.. And lay off the caps will ya.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6439|SoCal

[THE] comben wrote:

i was basically stuck with 2 servers that were ranked that i liked on .5.
Play in many RANKED modded servers, do you?

GR34 wrote:

You, sir, are thoughtful, informative, rational, and in control of yourself.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6283|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
I tried to join a game, but my PC was being all 'Fuck you, no civ kit for you!'
And what is up with the huge pings on servers?
zeidmaan
+234|6412|Vienna

LT.Victim wrote:

The request kit is annoying, it doesn't change the game play, its just a nuisance.

No it changes the game very much. For one it limits the kits. Imagine having 15 players with HATs with that huge blast radius shooting everywhere. Or half the team as marksman or sniper
Also it encourages people to join squads, set rally points and play properly. It makes the threat of unassigned lonewolwes pretty limited.

And also you cant have a organized squad suicide-spawn as LAT and own a tank is a second. I did that countless times I admit, and its lame.

And geNius mate Comben was reffering to ABR ranked servers. Him and I played almost always on ThorsBrigade which was definitely the best server for Europeans.... and it was ABR ranked.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-07-18 16:38:25)

GR34
+215|6542|ALBERTA> CANADA

zeidmaan wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

No it changes the game very much. For one it limits the kits. Imagine having 15 players with HATs with that huge blast radius shooting everywhere. Or half the team as marksman or sniper
Also it encourages people to join squads, set rally points and play properly. It makes the threat of unassigned lonewolwes pretty limited.

And also you cant have a organized squad suicide-spawn as LAT and own a tank is a second. I did that countless times I admit, and its lame.

And geNius mate Comben was reffering to ABR ranked servers. Him and I played almost always on ThorsBrigade which was definitely the best server for Europeans.... and it was ABR ranked.
what he said

Last edited by GR34 (2007-07-18 16:44:12)

IBleedGravy
+3|6388|Richmond

[THE] comben wrote:

scoped g3 = win.
QFT!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard