Microwave
_
+515|6651|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Bonjour.

Contrary to this topic of fail, the HL2 mod - Insurgency is absolutely amazing.

The best gameplay I have ever experienced for a fps.

As it is still in its beta stages (the first patch is already out) there are obviously a few things that need polishing up but the potential is HUGE.

The weapon and player models (especially) + the maps are truly incredible - the detail!!

And the sounds are something else. Up close and long range; through an X-fi and some 5.1's it really feels like you're there!

When I first played it was annoying to say the least. But after a few hours play you really start to adapt to the careful gameplay style. It requires thought - not just running and gunning. As I learnt from my first few games you cannot just run through any area - regardless of how good your aim is.

'Peering' round corners is essential and as there is no crosshair - so are the iron sights.

Another factor that I think boosts the fun of the game is the weapon 'handling' - they are great fun to use but not at all 'arcade-ish'.

So yeah - I love this game!

and I recommend anyone who hasn't tried it to give it a go.

***Don't just give up after a few rounds of failing - it will happen. Give it a chance and you will realise how great it is!***

Insurgency main site

Download

Feel free to post your experiences with this mod!

Last edited by james@alienware (2007-07-08 12:04:48)

RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6440|California
I'm downloading it right now, hope it's as good as you say.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6557|Southampton, UK

I can't open any steam games as i get a 'This game is currently unavailable' message.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6514|Montucky
It was terrible for the first 2 rounds for me, too much BF2.   Now I'd say its absolutely amazing.  It won't be long before Valve takes it over just like they did CS.
naightknifar
Served and Out

S3v3N -
Your profile website is against the rules. Please remove it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
I am god with M14.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6514|Montucky

Knightnifer wrote:

I can't open any steam games as i get a 'This game is currently unavailable' message.
I forgot what I did to get rid of that message.  It was simple though.
Ryan
+1,230|6839|Alberta, Canada

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I am god with M14.
Enough bragging.
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6483|Latvia
damn.. i'll have to finally buy half-life 2.. that looks just awesome
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

Ryan wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I am god with M14.
Enough bragging.
It's true. Nothing gets past me when I got my M14.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6489|N. Ireland
I just downloaded it and played it as US Support. It was nice.
David.P
Banned
+649|6270
Dude this mod does suck in most cases. I did what hurricane said and it was better but still not as good as PR. The M14 is good i have to admit that but i still find the extreme kit limiting really annoying. I mean seriously if i want a rifleman kit then why cant i have it? And why is their literally no squadplay? In PR it's alot more team oriented, But in this mod everyone goes all over the place.

I know this is still beta but so is .6 and it is alot better. Please dont tell me i'm a noob i got the hang of it pretty quickly i just find some things very annoying.(Aka no Squad chat, No helping class, And 1 hit kills almost anywhere on the body)

What they do need to improve on are squad mechanics, squad leaders role, and most importantly allow us to share clips if we have the same gun(I do it all the time in Zombie Master)

It's all in all an ok mod but they have alot to improve on.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-08 12:57:30)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
Bad servers make a whole difference. I play on Whendarknessfalls servers.
Microwave
_

David.Podedworny wrote:

i still find the extreme kit limiting really annoying. I mean seriously if i want a rifleman kit then why cant i have it?
Because you can't have want you want in real life.

Do you understand the idea of this mod?

Squad members have different roles, therefore weapons.

Last edited by james@alienware (2007-07-08 13:09:40)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

james@alienware wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

i still find the extreme kit limiting really annoying. I mean seriously if i want a rifleman kit then why cant i have it?
It also stops everyone taking the M14.
David.P
Banned
+649|6270

james@alienware wrote:

I know you cant but for fucks sake why is everyone always taking the goddamn rifleman kits? You would think this being a war they would give out more assault rifles.

Yes I do it's a real life combat simulation.

I know they each have different roles but thats useless when people dont play as a squad or team.
naightknifar
Served and Out

Knightnifer wrote:

Any help?
Ryan

David.Podedworny wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

I know you cant but for fucks sake why is everyone always taking the goddamn rifleman kits? You would think this being a war they would give out more assault rifles.

Yes I do it's a real life combat simulation.

I know they each have different roles but thats useless when people dont play as a squad or team.
Go to a fallen teammate and pick up his kit if you want the M16 so badly.
Commie Killer
+192|6383
Rifleman as USMC=win.

Though I hate the really bad FPS I get.
David.P
Banned
+649|6270

Ryan wrote:

Go to a fallen teammate and pick up his kit if you want the M16 so badly.
Thats not the point! As a squad you each have to do something i get that, But for fucks sake where is the teamwork? Most people just take a kit and solo. There is no incentive really to work as a team in this mod.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6349|Troy, New York

BALTINS wrote:

damn.. i'll have to finally buy half-life 2.. that looks just awesome
I play it and I have CS:S DOD:S and HL2:DM. its a lot like Americas Army with all the bad stuff fixed.
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6482|UK
this man speaks the truth, this mod is great, but damn it's hard
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6844|"Frisco"

David.Podedworny wrote:

I know you cant but for fucks sake why is everyone always taking the goddamn rifleman kits?
You could just learn to use another kit. Several are excellent. Even the insurgent RPG gunner has his stunning uses.

David.Podedworny wrote:

Thats not the point! As a squad you each have to do something i get that, But for fucks sake where is the teamwork? Most people just take a kit and solo.
You've been playing in the very wrong places. I've had a lot of excellent teamwork and communication.

David.Podedworny wrote:

There is no incentive really to work as a team in this mod.
How about a cookie?

https://xs217.xs.to/xs217/07270/5203-bakery-crisp-chocolate-chip-cookie.jpg
Ryan

chuyskywalker wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

I know you cant but for fucks sake why is everyone always taking the goddamn rifleman kits?
You could just learn to use another kit. Several are excellent. Even the insurgent RPG gunner has his stunning uses.

David.Podedworny wrote:

Thats not the point! As a squad you each have to do something i get that, But for fucks sake where is the teamwork? Most people just take a kit and solo.
You've been playing in the very wrong places. I've had a lot of excellent teamwork and communication.

David.Podedworny wrote:

There is no incentive really to work as a team in this mod.
How about a cookie?

http://xs217.xs.to/xs217/07270/5203-bak … cookie.jpg
Mine.
Microwave
_
The game forces teamwork tbh.

As in you try and solo you die.

You have to run when other people are shooting  i.e. cover.

Also you have to use other peoples smoke as cover.

- because it is so easy to die people tend to stick together anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard