citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6506|Atlanta, GA
Do you think there will be a Battlefield 3?

There seems to be a pattern.
Good Game: BF 1942 --> OK Game: BF Vietnam
Good Game: BF 2 --> OK Game: BF 2142

So hopefully BF 2142 will not be the end and they will release a new Good PC game (screw Xbox 360)
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6532

meh, they may remake bf2 but on a better engine with better graphics.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6450|Newcastle NSW Australia
I honestly dont think EA can ever make a good game ever again. Bf2 and 2142 are both epic failures
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6532

Invaderzim wrote:

I honestly dont think EA can ever make a good game ever again. Bf2 and 2142 are both epic failures
lol?
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6572|United States

Invaderzim wrote:

That may be, but EA is also smart enough to know that the Battlefield franchise is a very fruitful one, and they know that everyone will buy another BF game, including the people who do nothing but complain about the games.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

BeerzGod wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

That may be, but EA is also smart enough to know that the Battlefield franchise is a very fruitful one, and they know that everyone will buy another BF game, including the people who do nothing but complain about the games.
Actually, the Battlefield Franchise has been soiled, I'll never buy from it again unless it's 1942 quality.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California
Battlefield:Bad Company.
fitz8402
+10|6612|The Halls of Montezuma

farmerfez wrote:

That would be good enough for me.
chile1
+2|6307
Dude the new battlefield is  Battlefield: Bad Company and its for consoles for right now. Not sure if it will be for pc yet, game comes out in 2008. I thought you guys knew this already

Last edited by chile1 (2007-06-25 23:05:33)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6640|Montreal, Qc, Canada
i hope so !!!
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6302
I personally dont think BF2 was a failure like some of you r saying.  ITs the first game i dotn quit after afew months.  I still think its the bets game ever made.  Name another game that offers as much and is as fun?
weasel_thingo
+74|6328

farmerfez wrote:

that is what i want, also different countries and weapons etc. the modern era is teh best, the future sucks and ww1 has been over done and there are less options on what to do.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6450|Newcastle NSW Australia
If they manage to make a game with reasonable net code where half a clip  into a prone soldier kills them then I'll happily buy the game.
weasel_thingo
+74|6328

chile1 wrote:

Dude the new battlefield is  Battlefield: Bad Company and its for consoles for right now. Not sure if it will be for pc yet, game comes out in 2008. I thought you guys knew this already
that isnt online i think, because it would be extremely laggy.
also i dont think it is part of "the battlefield series"
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6649
look at the 12438348 need for speed games, the 239834938439348 sims and of course the occasional EA sports same shit other year releases. of course there will be battlefield 3 - cashcow FOOOOO!
Hurlin
+5|6777|Australia

BeerzGod wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

Well see the problem with that is we the disenfranchised have alot more games being released to ever waste time with a EA released FPS.

and I remember seeing a discussion about Battlefield 3 it was more about the engine that was being used but I couldn't find the article I had read.

Found this instead.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/Vi … l&id=5
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6697|South Africa
I want destroyable terrain. Will add insane amounts of extra dimensions to the battlefield.
weasel_thingo
+74|6328

Phatso wrote:

I want destroyable terrain. Will add insane amounts of extra dimensions to the battlefield.
and it will add insane lag and insance CTD's, if its online
=[AUT]-[phoenix]=
+7|6158

weasel_thingo wrote:

Phatso wrote:

and it will add insane lag and insance CTD's, if its online
Than everybody should buy a better PC if they want that kind of stuff...
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X
Dialup should be banned.
Agradhan
+26|6281|Sweden

farmerfez wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

lol?
Agree. LOL
avman633
+116|6366

Invaderzim wrote:

Lol you played for 300+ hours then?
They might make BF3
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

Invaderzim wrote:

BF2 is one of the best FPS games ever, but the ENGINE that it runs on is an epic failure... A fucking lawnmover-engine in a 16-wheeler...
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6532

Phatso wrote:

and lots of bugs which will make jesus come down and kick you outta the game 0o.
JG1567JG
+110|6590|United States of America

avman633 wrote:

Invaderzim wrote:

Lol you played for 300+ hours then?
They might make BF3
That's what I was going to mention.
He calls them epic failures and he has 300+ hours in BF2 and he is/ edit was online just now adding more.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-06-26 05:04:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard