GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6658

justice wrote:

When I discovered who I really am.
learn that working for Uncle Sam
specops10-4
+108|6758|In the hills
When I got laid for the first time, boy was I happy!
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6693|In You Endo- Stoke

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

is SERE school an Army school or did you do it through the USMC?  ya know like we have the Airborne school that other branches have to go through

my proudest moment would probably be the day that I recieved my DD214.  made it official.  although the day I got my CIB was pretty cool too.  although we didnt get awarded our CIB's until 7 months after we already met the criteria.

i love this thing
http://www.vietnamtripledeuce.org/CIB_A … ressed.gif
What badge is that? (a rifle badge?)
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6505|Menlo Park, CA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

is SERE school an Army school or did you do it through the USMC?  ya know like we have the Airborne school that other branches have to go through

my proudest moment would probably be the day that I recieved my DD214.  made it official.  although the day I got my CIB was pretty cool too.  although we didnt get awarded our CIB's until 7 months after we already met the criteria.

i love this thing
Your proudest moment was getting discharged from the military?? Why might I ask? Just had your fill of the military??

That sucks you didnt get your combat infantry badge until 7 months after!! +1 for being patient
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6658

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i love this thing
What badge is that? (a rifle badge?)
The United States Army's Combat Infantryman's Badge

what every joe in the Army wishes they had.  Its given as a platoon level badge.  you have to meet certain criteria in order to recieve it.  pretty much have to recieve contact AND return fire for a sustained amount of time to have it awarded.  IED's dont count.  Indirect fire doesnt count.  has to be a firefight.  its one of the two badges that are Infantry specific. the CIB and the EIB.  the EIB is the Expert Infantryman's Badge.  you are graded on physical fitness and and advanced military knowledge as well as common tasks at a series of stations that last about 2 weeks non stop.  you could have a 20 year career in the infantry and have your EIB and not have been in combat but a CIB means the person wearing it had above average exposure to enemy action.  more than your regular FOBette. 

It means your a tested and proven grunt.  only 30 thousand + have been awarded since september 11th,  thats really not a lot compared to the amount of soldiers deployed, and Im one of those proud grunts.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6658

fadedsteve wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i love this thing
Your proudest moment was getting discharged from the military?? Why might I ask? Just had your fill of the military??

That sucks you didnt get your combat infantry badge until 7 months after!! +1 for being patient
I had a couple run ins with the UCMJ monkey.  I was happy it said honorable.  I had a lot of personal hurdles that I put myself through before I grew up and was able to overcome em.  Wouldnt be here now without the Army, or rather the Chain of Command that i was fortunate enough to have.  They recognized a solid soldier when other people in my same situations were given the boot without a second thought.   but now im back in like the genius that I am.  But this time Im doing it for me first and foremost.  Changing my MOS from Infantry to PSYOPer is just another step in my future goals. 

We knew we were getting it.  the shit that sucks though was a few of the guys who got it with us in April 04 werent alive to actually recieve the award in November

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-06-18 14:44:02)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6460|The Land of Scott Walker

rdx-fx wrote:

*Every time my baby daughter looks up at me with those big blue eyes,smiles, and whispers "da-da!".
(Nothing compares to the look of absolute love and trust you get from your baby child).
QFT +1
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6494|Somewhere else

Getting the LAST STAR on Mario 64

My first time getting secks

Turning on my self built computer and it not lighting on fire

....off the top of my head.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

getting out of rehab, getting my University Degree.
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6630|Kent, UK
I have nothing to be proud of
cooking a bacon sandwich without burning the house down
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6647

bennisboy wrote:

comin 3rd in the UK national finals in the 400m

Wait, maybe playin for the AFA or gettin scouted for arsenal hmmmmmmmm
Did you go? Arsenal are the best. You must be good at football
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6180
I don't think it has happened yet, i'm only 16

maybe when my I finally got rid of junior high school
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6575
The day I realized I didn't need mom and dad anymore.
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6190|sverige
The day i raped usmc carrier so much on wake so i got veteran sniper badge, man i was so happy. That is the proudest moment im my whole life.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6502|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

rdx-fx wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

... more than your regular FOBette.
Thought it was pronounced Fobbit, like Hobbit .. too scared to leave their comfortable safe little hole in the ground and actually 'see the world'?
One of the LT. I wourked with proclaimed himself the "King of the Fobbits", during his last tour in Iraq they cleared the city of Fallujia, and he lost guys.

Oh and GunSlinger, they changed IEDs from indirect fire, to Direct fire. Because majority that are hitting us are command det.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6735|California

Iwo Jima

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard