• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Help please! (resetting IP to gain access to banned site)
DoughBoy
Banned
+1|6182
Can someone tell me an easy way of how to Reset my IP/ get a few one? My friend got banned from his favorite site and needs help! Thanks- Dough.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6667|Washington DC

DoughBoy wrote:

Can someone tell me an easy way of how to Reset my IP/ get a few one? My friend got banned from his favorite site and needs help! Thanks- Dough.
Sometimes you can do it by merely power-cycling your modem or other interface device ... or, you can call your service provider and have them switch it for you.

And ... your friend got an IP ban and not just an account ban?  Wow ... been bad?
Lasdferret
+16|6501
How about you tell him not to get banned from his favorite site? Unless he has a static IP, he'll need to use a proxy.
OrangeHound

Oh  ... I see ... MT_Androo is trying to figure out how to get back on BF2s ... lol

edit:  just don't be a jerk on here and you can hang around for more than 50 posts ...
DoughBoy
Banned
+1|6182

OrangeHound wrote:

DoughBoy wrote:

Sometimes you can do it by merely power-cycling your modem or other interface device ... or, you can call your service provider and have them switch it for you.

And ... your friend got an IP ban and not just an account ban?  Wow ... been bad?
He told me it was IP ban I have no idea, I'll get details later. And how do I/he do the power-cycling thing?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

Come on, even cdogmn knows how to do this!
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6303|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Wait. Just wait.

1. What site?
2. If he got banned, he should take a hint.
3. See above.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6636|Manitowoc, WI
Hmmm, asking a way around bans for a "friend" on an account that was just created today.  Well I think the rest of you can connect the dots.
OrangeHound

DoughBoy wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

DoughBoy wrote:

He told me it was IP ban I have no idea, I'll get details later. And how do I/he do the power-cycling thing?
Why do you care?  You don't have an IP ban ... *shrug* ... just turn it off then back on, or unplug it, if you want to power-cycle.
DoughBoy
Banned
+1|6182
im not androo
OrangeHound

DoughBoy wrote:

im not androo
*cough*  Yes ... I know ... you are asking for "your friend."

التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6385|Cali

DoughBoy wrote:

im not androo
orly?
WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6269|Spacetime

BolvisOculus wrote:

Hmmm, asking a way around bans for a "friend" on an account that was just created today.  Well I think the rest of you can connect the dots.
Haha Good one!
DoughBoy
Banned
+1|6182

OrangeHound wrote:

DoughBoy wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Why do you care?  You don't have an IP ban ... *shrug* ... just turn it off then back on, or unplug it, if you want to power-cycle.
U guys may hate me im a good person now ive changed i aint being mean to any1 or calling them names why get all mad? But how do i do that orangehound?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

DoughBoy wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

DoughBoy wrote:

U guys may hate me im a good person now ive changed i aint being mean to any1 or calling them names why get all mad? But how do i do that orangehound?
Take a hammer and smash your router up. To be sure, open your computer and smash that thing that looks like a fan stuck to a bunch of copper or aluminum ("bling").
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York

Hurricane wrote:

DoughBoy wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Take a hammer and smash your router up. To be sure, open your computer and smash that thing that looks like a fan stuck to a bunch of copper or aluminum ("bling").
you're hot
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6724

DoughBoy wrote:

im not androo
Sure you are!
wingman_lajoda
+17|6785|Gainesville, FL
You can use a proxy server. Or use a web based proxy server ... try this site http://www.theproxyfree.com/
Brasso
+1,549|6648

I think you have to call your ISP if you want it for a long term fix.  If you just want to access the site temporarily or don't mind a little hassle every time, you can use a proxy.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
T4rd
+44|6694|West Point, NY

DoughBoy wrote:

Are you seriously asking how to unplug your modem?!  You win the prize, bro.  Someone post that pic of the guy handing the autistic kid a trophy...

https://www.smdblink.plus.com/you_win_the_prize.jpg

Last edited by T4rd (2007-06-12 06:05:42)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6724|67.222.138.85
ZomahGAWD

If you haven't changed your ip yet, how the hell did you think we wouldn't know who you are?
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Help please! (resetting IP to gain access to banned site)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard