Poll

G36E vs. L85A1

L85A1 is better43%43% - 210
G36E is better56%56% - 271
Total: 481
Suicidal
+20|6526
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

You calld teh unlocks noob!!!

I cnt play with thm now coz of that!!
GR34
+215|6563|ALBERTA> CANADA
I hate EN00bs ther piss me off f i had a server I would kick them for using there EN00B GUN.. but using atrocket for CQG that ok as lonf as FF is OFF
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6238|cs_connecticut‬‭
Hmm...L85A1.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6481|A W S M F O X

GR34 wrote:

I hate EN00bs ther piss me off f i had a server I would kick them for using there EN00B GUN.. but using atrocket for CQG that ok as lonf as FF is OFF
You makey me un-understand engrish.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6430|Belgium
If I have to choose between those two I'd go with the L85, cause of the scope. But if I play medic it's ak-101, ak-47 and m16 ftw.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6409|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
l85 i headshot noobs with that but i have to say full auto is so fucking shit on it throw a noobtube on it and burst mode then it will own g36e
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6409|fåking denmark
L85 aka SA80

But M16 works better for me ..
Seer944
+2|6342|VA US
To answer someone's earlier question, the G36e has a high rate of fire without actually having a full-auto setting in order to improve accuracy.

Like some other real guns (HK G11), the G36e fires the third round of a burst before the first round has left the barrel. This means accuracy of later rounds is not degraded by gases escaping from the muzzle as the first shot exits. Notice the longer barrel compared to the G36c. MUCH greater accuracy, even for unskilled shooters.

Such a tight group of shots also produces a tighter pattern on the target, for more damage.

IMO, it's not unbalanced in BF2 - it really is a very sophisticated gun.

Edit:  Don't get me wrong - I love the L85a, and I've used it for about 60% of my BF2 time (when not playing SpecOps or claywhoring). When I'm defending a flag and see peeps approaching at distance, the L85a on single-shot is almost a sniper rifle. But for CQC the G36e has better firepower. Two 3-round bursts and even a support guy is down.

Last edited by Seer944 (2007-06-22 11:36:48)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6304|eng
The G36E is so much better, the L85A1 is so shit at medium range. Also, the G36E is more accurate and takes less time to reload. If i had a choice out of all the Medic guns i would choose the AK101 or AK47, because i think they combine the best elements of all the other assault rifles.

I also reckon alot of people say the L85A1 because they want to avoid the "0mg liek u n00b" reply that comes with the G36E, despite the fact that the G36E is a far superior gun, except maybe at long long range. I also cannot understand the way people say that G36E users are n00bs and that it is a n00bish gun, just because it is easier to use does not mean that you have to avoid it in fear of being labelled a n00b. Finally, i find that most n00bs or lower ranked players use Spec Ops alot, and so the "n00b using G36E" situation does not come into play.

Some of my arguement might not make sense to some of you, but that's probably just because you are so leet.
#rekt
imm0rtal
+18|6290|UK
they call me hacker with AK-101
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6304|eng

imm0rtal wrote:

they call me hacker with AK-101
That's because you don't play Pub Servers, so that obviously makes you leet. Also, you are in imm0rtal, who are quite good, actually wait, you're not.

Gutted.
#rekt
00neville
+0|6176
dude the G36 is more powerful and it only takes 3 shots to kill!!!
Suicidal
+20|6526

00neville wrote:

What, In the head???
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6533|montreal, quebec

nulled vote

i only use AK-101
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6308|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Suicidal wrote:

00neville wrote:

What, In the head???
I think his un-leetness meant to say something along the lines o f"three clicks", i.e., 3 bursts.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Danorge
+7|6175|Denmark // 69! Az
G36E is better.
if thats the choice.
Chaos_nation
Anarchy in the UK
+6|6202|Wolverhampton
SOOOO many G36E users say they cant use the SA80/L85A1 which to me shows that the L85A1 takes more skill to use.

The poll question asks which is the better weapon....that would be dependant on the circumstances of the battle tbcfh so pretty much a null argument alround.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6304|eng

Chaos_nation wrote:

SOOOO many G36E users say they cant use the SA80/L85A1 which to me shows that the L85A1 takes more skill to use.

The poll question asks which is the better weapon....that would be dependant on the circumstances of the battle tbcfh so pretty much a null argument alround.
WTF is tbcfh? "To be cow fuckingly honest" maybe?

Sorry, i know it was a typo.

Last edited by mint-sauce-41 (2007-06-23 00:57:22)

#rekt
=[AUT]-[phoenix]=
+7|6174
@ close combat use L85A1-->Automatic
@ long range use G36E-->Burst

But i think both weapons are damn good!

I play both because it´s verry funny to aim @ the head with the L85
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

Chaos_nation wrote:

To be completely fucking honest, I bet.
Chaos_nation
Anarchy in the UK
+6|6202|Wolverhampton

Hurricane wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

Chaos_nation wrote:

To be completely fucking honest, I bet.
Give the man a cigar...he is correct
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6703|Some where huntin in Wisconsin

sars99 wrote:

L85 for the pros

E for the no0bs
diddo
deadlikeme667
+5|6188|MI
null vote

i like both, but for some reason i am alway dead by the time the second burst comes out (the computer i have to play on sucks so it's probably lag) and yeah, at any relatively long range the L85 is like a sniper rifle, but it's auto sucks sack.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6501|P-way, NJ
Pkm
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6217|Daqing Oilfields?
L8 FTMFW!!! For some reason, I hate the G36E...Not because it ownz me, but because I'm really bad with it. Weird, I know

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard