cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

GR34 wrote:

WOe thows cheap bastards are giving us an other free map after 6months! OMG OMG SCREW THIS IAM GOING TO PLAY PR WERE YOU GET # NEW MAPS PER PATCH
K.

Please, please, SPELL CHECK. My eyes, they burn.

Grading English homework makes me a mean person.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6546|Flower Mound, TX
Guys another thing is that the USMC starting base is labeled as some MEC name, and the MEC starting base is labeled airfield. It's minor but I hope it gets changed since it would make more sense.
howler_27
+90|6688
Just got done playing.  Nice map IMO.  Various ways to advance, and not overballanced.  No need for choppers.  Yeah, it's rough around the edges, but it's got a little bit of something for everybody.  B-
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Fortunately it's a beta, so hopefully things will get fixed and improved. Mainly the billboards and ads thrown in that I'm hearing so much about. I doubt they'll ever be removed, so I don't plan on playing this map much at all. EA = teh suckzors wif t3h adzors.
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6546|Flower Mound, TX
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JOMKSpnyVsA for those of you lazy bums that don't wanna dl it. I know it's shitty but it's better than nothing.

Edit: Me talking and a clan member filming in the video =P

Last edited by shadowcell_01 (2007-06-05 20:21:49)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

I don't think I'd mind these advertisements that people talk about. Sure, they're there, but I can deal with that. So long as it doesn't take away from my gaming "experience" or hinder my "skills", then I'm good.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6640|Montreal, Qc, Canada
i still hope they will release a urbain map with china and usmc
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6476|Foothills of S. Carolina

I didn't notice any hindrance. If it takes ads to get us new maps, then so be it. I actually thought it was pretty cool to see all the Intel boxes laying around, though they did seem kinda outta place with the scenery.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

cowami wrote:

I don't think I'd mind these advertisements that people talk about. Sure, they're there, but I can deal with that. So long as it doesn't take away from my gaming "experience" or hinder my "skills", then I'm good.
exactly, staring at a billboard will just get you sniped anyway.  Besides, the Saudis have ads too, so there would be billboards in real life, and that's probably how EA paid for the map's development.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California
The ad's are kinda cheese...billboards are one thing, but stacks of Intel boxes in the middle of the desert?
oh well...

Quite a few rounds ended pretty quick. I tried to take a boat to the other airbase, and by the time I was there I realized my team lost all the flags. I got it gray and was killed.

Some damn good tank battles though...For a while me and 2 other engineers were rolling around in T-90's and were practically unstoppable till we got split up and taken out.

I really wish more tankers would play as engineer, almost every time I would die was when I had to hop out and repair.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

Downloaded and played a round, it's a good map.

I certainly forsee more people getting Expert Armor badge & Expert explosives here lol, Jihading is so easy it's laughable, plus the rounds last a while since it's a spread out map.

things I'd like:

more flags near the MEC end of the map (there's a hill with lots of tree cover there that'd be awesome

Maybe 2 jets, seems like they can never do anything (which is fine by me lol)

Although I bet this map will go the same way as the china armor maps, fall into obsurity.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Fenix14 wrote:

I certainly forsee more people getting Expert Armor badge & Expert explosives here lol, Jihading is so easy it's laughable, plus the rounds last a while since it's a spread out map.

things I'd like:

more flags near the MEC end of the map (there's a hill with lots of tree cover there that'd be awesome

Although I bet this map will go the same way as the china armor maps, fall into obsurity.

There's Chinese armor maps?

No, I'm not kidding.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere
i don't mind it, but i hate that it's MEC AGAIN!!

gah, wtf is EA/DICE's problem with the chinese?

fucking racists
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

cowami wrote:

There's Chinese armor maps?

No, I'm not kidding.
Like FuShe Pass, Dragon Valley, Daqing Oilfields. You 'ususaly' don't see the maps very often, or might be that I can never find em in .Au servers lol
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Fenix14 wrote:

things I'd like:

How dare you say such a thing!

Daqing Oilfields is my favorite map. Especially since it's the only one that I have over 100 hours playing time on.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

mtb0minime wrote:

Daqing Oilfields is my favorite map. Especially since it's the only one that I have over 100 hours playing time on.
comparatively to the amount Karkand/wake servers, they aren't really many places to play China armor maps, as they're less popular (comparatively) which is no doubt why EA made this a MEC vs USA map (plus intel prolly demanded it)

But crap +1 for you for having daqing as your fav map lol.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Fenix14 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

comparatively to the amount Karkand/wake servers, they aren't really many places to play China armor maps, as they're less popular (comparatively) which is no doubt why EA made this a MEC vs USA map (plus intel prolly demanded it)

Dalian used to be my favorite Chinese map way back when I first started playing. Then I had to get 100 hours playing on the PLA, and I found myself addicted to Daqing. I still play it a whole lot when I should be working on time for armies and theaters for Special Forces.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT

Fenix14 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I love Daqing too. Can I have karma?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Andoura wrote:

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Apparently, "urbain" is "urban" in French. Which makes sense, cause Andoura's a French-Canadan.

Meh, whatever, I'll laugh too. looooooool
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

cowami wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Apparently, "urbain" is "urban" in French. Which makes sense, cause Andoura's a French-Canadan.

Meh, whatever, I'll laugh too. looooooool
It wasn't a dig. Just funny. Actually would probably have been funny spoken - if Andoura has a french canadian accent - might actually say 'urban' 'urbain'...
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary

Hurricane wrote:

I hope the final version has a USMC v. PLA map and comes with a nice, big, Hurricane's 1.5 Patch Wish List patch
I hope the same !
Dont forget the missing awards (EU ribbon)
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under
so, whats it like?
Budzilla
+9|6194|Brisbane, Australia

theit57 wrote:

so, whats it like?
It's a good map with the few rounds I have played. The fog prevents airpower taking away all the fun. There are fun long range tank engagements. AT squads on foot and eningeers in vehicles are a must(unless you like dying quickly) so there won't be too many people going around playing sniper unnecessarily.

Since it is rather out in the open the whole thing attacking flags without a co-ordinated squad or an armoured convoy is not possible. The only cover can be found around the flags so the team defending a flag has the advantage.

Overall it is a great map.

Let's hope they don't include attack choppers in the mix when the relase the final version.

Adverts are quite unobtrusive to the feel.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6479|Communist Republic of CA, USA

Budzilla wrote:

theit57 wrote:

so, whats it like?
It's a good map with the few rounds I have played. The fog prevents airpower taking away all the fun. There are fun long range tank engagements. AT squads on foot and eningeers in vehicles are a must(unless you like dying quickly) so there won't be too many people going around playing sniper unnecessarily.

Since it is rather out in the open the whole thing attacking flags without a co-ordinated squad or an armoured convoy is not possible. The only cover can be found around the flags so the team defending a flag has the advantage.

Overall it is a great map.

Let's hope they don't include attack choppers in the mix when the relase the final version.

Adverts are quite unobtrusive to the feel.
Sounds like EF/AF

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard